Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

Im going to go against the grain here and think JET could be a decent signing tbh.

He's obviously shown he's got skill and composure and with Glass and Russell, he must just be a good signing and has aerial threat.

I also dont believe for a minute he's our no.1 striker target so what's not to like?

I don’t think he’d be a good fit for us but if he’s free and wages are not too high, good option to throw on from the bench to give opposition defenders something different to contend with. Too often we're in a position where our game plan is not really working and you look to our bench and see the same usual faces that are not going to change anything.

34 minutes ago, Slim said:

I don’t think he’d be a good fit for us but if he’s free and wages are not too high, good option to throw on from the bench to give opposition defenders something different to contend with. Too often we're in a position where our game plan is not really working and you look to our bench and see the same usual faces that are not going to change anything.

Agree with this. We haven't had anything from the bench that caused confusion and made life difficult for defenders since magennis. That said, I don't think jet really bothered anyone with hold up play, it was more when he got turned and facing the goal when he caused problems. He barely won a header against Considine but he was half decent when shifted onto McKenzie. I'd like to see us do better.

Can't say the standard of player we're being linked with is filling me with any great enthusiam for next season.

To be honest, it seems to be pretty much the same bog standard of players that McInnes pursued latterly

Don't think it is going to get any better than Brown & Gallacher to be honest

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

He was the best player on the pitch when we played Livvy recently so there's that.

Fuck me, if that's your criteria for signing players nothing has changed since the Curtis Main show in the cup semi a few years back at Hampden.

With the greatest of respect, I'll pass on that being our criteria for signings

Oh and he wasn't even their best player, never mind the best on the pitch

• Like 1

We havnt even finished this season yet and Glass is bringing in quality with back ups I believe.

He's pouncing on a decent player here in JET (if true) and has a very good defender and midfielder already.

More quality will come I've no doubt.

I much prefer his recruitment strategy than waiting the last minute for mediocrity like D.M. did.

Edited by HaarDon

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

We havnt even finished this season yet and Glass is bringing in quality with back ups I believe.

He's pouncing on a decent player here in JET (if true) and has a very good defender and midfielder already.

I much prefer his recruitment strategy than waiting the last minute for mediocrity like D.M. did.

Main, Taylor and Wilson were all signed early in their windows, as were Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey and Ojo. McInnes regularly signed players early in the window giving himself plenty of time to recruit further when he realised his signings were absolute horseshite.

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

You can’t get any more mediocre than Clark fucking Robertson 

5 hours ago, BigAl said:

Fuck me, if that's your criteria for signing players nothing has changed since the Curtis Main show in the cup semi a few years back at Hampden.

With the greatest of respect, I'll pass on that being our criteria for signings

Oh and he wasn't even their best player, never mind the best on the pitch

Their best player that day was Chidi Nwakali 

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Main, Taylor and Wilson were all signed early in their windows, as were Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey and Ojo. McInnes regularly signed players early in the window giving himself plenty of time to recruit further when he realised his signings were absolute horseshite.

Aye pish ones.

Glass has signed 3 very good players (if the JET rumours are true) before the season has ended.

I should have written decent players not fringe pish.

5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Aye pish ones.

Glass has signed 3 very good players (if the JET rumours are true) before the season has ended.

I should have written decent players not fringe pish.

I think Brown will be the next Hartley, good for a couple of months then a wee injury sees him unable to recover. I didn't see anything about him in our last encounter that suggests he could do a job for us, but hopefully as a coach he'll give us something. Jet is a player who converts his chances against us. Gallagher has had a poor season but otherwise should be a good signing. If McInnes had been making these signings we'd be questioning them (correctly). Like all the signings in our catchment they'll be borderline hit or miss. Much of it is down to luck. Jet would be an error probably.

I think Brown wont set the heather alight but his massive experience will benefit us hugely- way more than Hartley could have.

I also feel in terms of his own style or play, will just pick up a wage and take it easy in midfield and just do the basics (but very well).

10 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I also feel in terms of his own style or play, will just pick up a wage and take it easy in midfield and just do the basics (but very well).

But Brown has never been that type of player, he's nae exactly pirlo. He needs to be at people and in their faces and he's noticeably not been doing that this season which detracts from his game. We don't need another midfielder that can pass the ball ten yards sideways. I don't believe his discipline will hold up in the face of his waning legs either. Hopefully he'll prove me completely wrong. Either way, I don't think it tells us much about Glass' ability to recruit or show a progression in that area from McInnes. An area where we were extremely lacking.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

But Brown has never been that type of player, he's nae exactly pirlo. He needs to be at people and in their faces and he's noticeably not been doing that this season which detracts from his game. We don't need another midfielder that can pass the ball ten yards sideways. I don't believe his discipline will hold up in the face of his waning legs either. Hopefully he'll prove me completely wrong. Either way, I don't think it tells us much about Glass' ability to recruit or show a progression in that area from McInnes. An area where we were extremely lacking.

Aye that was my point.

I still think he will be a very good addition to the squad and an important player for a season or two.

If that's the start of our rebuild I'll take it.

• Like 1