Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

9 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

When Devlin first came he looked great 2bf.  There's a player in there I would say

That was THREE seasons ago.

He’s been injured or pish since Nov 2018. 
Waste of a wage. 

If true it almost certainly means Hoban & Taylor are away. Devlin should be in front of them in the queue. 

8 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

It was 3 years ago, I don't disagree with that but there is more context. He never had much of a chance under Mcinnes, basically I'm saying I don't think it's a bad thing he's being looked at with a fresh pair of eyes.  

He’s a horse. 
And won’t improve us.

And for that matter neither will Clark Robertson.

Devlin arrived injured and been injured most of the time he has been here. Fair chance he will be injured most of the 6 month short deal. There may well be a player in there but he is a perma crock and waste of a jersey. 

Saw Roberson play for Blackpool a few years ago and he was okay but not a stand out. 

Neither player is going to get us any closer to challenging for trophies like chairman wants in my opinion.

I think we'd be better focusing on Devlin's inadequacies as a player as much as his injury record. His positioning was good and his strength. His passing and general ability on the ball was severely lacking from day one. Significantly worse than both Gallagher and Considine. He was about the level of mark Reynolds when he left us. There's nothing that Devlin could offer that Taylor couldn't, with Taylor significantly better in the air. This is nothing to do with his relationship with McInnes, his inability on the ball was apparent from day one and something many of us mentioned on several occasions during his first run of games where he was at his best for us. He just doesn't fit into a team that his going to be passing to him under pressure. It would be really worrying if Glass offered him a deal as it would suggest that there is nobody at the club who can see that Devlin doesn't fit the requirement of a Glass team. Glass himself can obviously be excused for not knowing but if they're contemplating Devlin then it does suggest that he's not articulating his requirements to our scouting and recruitment staff or that they have zero ability when it comes to recognising player attributes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I always remembered robertson as a lb but apparently he's a cb now

He was both a left back and a rabid Hun when he played for us. Was clear he'd be a centre half though, had all the attributes.

29 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Apart from physicality & being made of glass. 

He was young though, he was quite tall and wasn't afraid a challenge but just too light to actually win any. It was clear he would bulk up a little and didn't have the stamina for left back.

41 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

He was young though, he was quite tall and wasn't afraid a challenge but just too light to actually win any. It was clear he would bulk up a little and didn't have the stamina for left back.

He’s missed half the last two seasons with injuries. 
That alone should set alarm bells ringing. 
Surely we can do better? 

1 hour ago, RedStarTorphins said:

He’s missed half the last two seasons with injuries. 
That alone should set alarm bells ringing. 
Surely we can do better? 

Apologies, I thought you were speaking about when he was with us that he was made of glass. I think it'd be a poor signing, yes. I don't think he's better than Considine and I can't help but think we're only being linked with him because he fancies coming home. 

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Apologies, I thought you were speaking about when he was with us that he was made of glass. I think it'd be a poor signing, yes. I don't think he's better than Considine and I can't help but think we're only being linked with him because he fancies coming home. 

It sounds like Glass has been given McInnes & Richardson’s list of targets ?

Is Russ Richardson still Head of Recruitment? 

54 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

It sounds like Glass has been given McInnes & Richardson’s list of targets ?

Is Russ Richardson still Head of Recruitment? 

Hope not.

Mind you, it's easier to spend when you have financial backing.

I'm waiting for a decent striker coming in soon as I think that's the most important position we need.

Goals, excitement, hope and crowds back to experience it all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Thought there was a fee due? According to Martindale. 

Livingston fans elsewhere claiming there is an extension option that Livingston have triggered but a gentleman’s agreement between the player and Martindale that he can leave for free if deal in Far East that fell through is revived. 

Just now, RedStarTorphins said:

Why would there be a fee for an out of contract 30 year old?

Don’t trust what that junkie, weegie ned says. 

PS - check his goals record - he’d be a shite signing 

That as well. His fitness records not the best either. 

1 minute ago, Jute said:

That as well. His fitness records not the best either. 

Well he ticks the boxes then. 
Fuck me, I know it’s only speculation, but if we are to re-sign shite like Devlin & Anderson (0 goals in 10 games for Hamilton), & sign Clark Robertson & JET, we’re in for a long 21/22.