Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livi vs Dons

Well, well , well. Something to play for and a response from the team. Great to hear ! Had no idea hedges was due back today so another positive. 
that said, no difference (apart from financial) for finishing any higher (3rd)

A result much needed after last weeks debacle.

From a financial point 3rd is paramount & considering how shit we have been it's an achievement.

How good was it to see Hedges back,  sorely missed &  easily our best player this season.

So we have now given ourselves a great chance of 3rd, just dont fuck it up please.

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Don said:

A result much needed after last weeks debacle.

From a financial point 3rd is paramount & considering how shit we have been it's an achievement.

How good was it to see Hedges back,  sorely missed &  easily our best player this season.

So we have now given ourselves a great chance of 3rd, just dont fuck it up please.

There's not a huge uplift from fourth to third, both access Europe at the same stage, so just the SPFL place value, perhaps £250k? Not insignificant, but not huge.

But to suggest not getting third would be to fuck it up is a bit ludicrous. We'd need to win by four or five goals to give us a realistic opportunity, it certainly wouldn't be fucking it up to not beat a good Hibs team by that margin.

Yeah agree there rico.

Seasons gone..3rd place a bonus financially and in terms of pride I guess..

Things are without doubt on the up for AFC I feel and I'm pretty excited about the transfer threads in the coming months.

Hopefully fans will be back to see it soon.

On 02/05/2021 at 09:57, RicoS321 said:

There's not a huge uplift from fourth to third, both access Europe at the same stage, so just the SPFL place value, perhaps £250k? Not insignificant, but not huge.

But to suggest not getting third would be to fuck it up is a bit ludicrous. We'd need to win by four or five goals to give us a realistic opportunity, it certainly wouldn't be fucking it up to not beat a good Hibs team by that margin.

250k is better in our pocket than spoonburners I'd say. It's still failure as far as a season goes as anybody who wants to celebrate finishing 3rd doesn't have much aspirations for their club.

A good Hibs team? Your kidding me on. We make alot of  half decent teams look good at times. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Don said:

250k is better in our pocket than spoonburners I'd say. It's still failure as far as a season goes as anybody who wants to celebrate finishing 3rd doesn't have much aspirations for their club.

A good Hibs team? Your kidding me on. We make alot of  half decent teams look good at times. 

What the fuck are you on about? Don't introduce a different argument. You said that we'd given ourselves a good chance of finishing third and we'd better not fuck it up. We're three points and ten goals behind with two games to play with our final game against an unbeaten team away. That is the weirdest definition of good chance I've heard. Hibs are above us in the league over 36 games, so a good team comparatively speaking. Should we be expecting to win? Yes (although not winning wouldn't be a disgrace either). Should we expect to beat them by five goals? No, that would be stupid. At the moment we're just hoping to take it to the final game with a mathematical hope.

• Like 1

I think kirkcaldy just means we should be beating Hibs historically lol but our season ended a while ago.

Hibs are a better team than us this season.

That's a fact.

So we already fucked it up.

The £250k and 3rd spot isnt that important I dont think.

Getting fans back, good season ticket sales and new players in, playing great football is what matters now.

I actually think in some weird fate, we will beat the huns.

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I think kirkcaldy just means we should be beating Hibs historically lol but our season ended a while ago.

Hibs are a better team than us this season.

That's a fact.

So we already fucked it up.

The £250k and 3rd spot isnt that important I dont think.

Getting fans back, good season ticket sales and new players in, playing great football is what matters now.

I actually think in some weird fate, we will beat the huns.

Yes, exactly min, somebody who "gets" what I'm saying unlike Rico who's clearly not. 

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Don said:

Yes, exactly min, somebody who "gets" what I'm saying unlike Rico who's clearly not.

Horseshit, that's not what you said at all. There was only one interpretation that could be possibly taken from: 

On 02/05/2021 at 09:57, RicoS321 said:

So we have now given ourselves a great chance of 3rd, just dont fuck it up please

That clearly refers to the present, not that we should be beating Hibs historically in some different version of our season. If you'd said that not finishing above Hibs this season has to be seen as a failure, most would agree with you. You didn't.