Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Quarter Final 25/04

3 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

harsh given this isnt his squad , this mob arent good enough

McInnes needed to go, badly, but there is absolutely no way a McInnes side would have lost 0-3 at home to the DAB’s. 
The midweek against the Tim’s was a good performance but that was fucking horrendous. The worst I’ve seen from a Dons side in years. 

10 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

McInnes needed to go, badly, but there is absolutely no way a McInnes side would have lost 0-3 at home to the DAB’s. 
The midweek against the Tim’s was a good performance but that was fucking horrendous. The worst I’ve seen from a Dons side in years. 

at home in this context means nothing , the players have chucked it 

21 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

harsh given this isnt his squad , this mob arent good enough

Far too laid back on touchline.

No sign of any passion

Totally lacking in any idea how to change it

All in, the game was an embarrassment for us.

Season over

1 minute ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

at home in this context means nothing , the players have chucked it 

Of course it means nothing we lost 0-3 to Dundee Utd. What’s your point? It was a tactically naive performance from a group of unmotivated players. 2 things Stephen Glass is Class is paid a lot to sort out. The fact that players have “chucked it” is even more concerning. 

5 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

same players that were a shambles for umpteen previous games half if them will be away they dont care mcinnes was regularly tactically out thought , if you think glass is going to re work this after 2-3 weeks you are at it

That as may be, but doesn't answer the point you pulled me up for.

What did you see on the touchline that is so different to what I witnessed ?

To be honest, I didn't see much of the touchline, I'm not sure what Glass was doing, but you could see the tactics and the lack of subs. Important to bear in mind that we recently played utd and their pressing of our short game was there for all to see, and taking Hornby on against them in the second half allowed us to play it longer and keep the ball at the right end of the pitch. It was about the 10th time Kamberi received the ball in his own half under pressure that led to the goal, it was obvious that was highly risky.

That today is the worst performance Ive seen since McGhee was here.

Depressingly woeful with no positives at all. The managers persisitence with the same tactics that were seeing us getting outplayed was deeply worrying and doesnt fill me with conficence moving forward.

Just now, KGB said:

Depressingly woeful with no positives at all. The managers persisitence with the same tactics that were seeing us getting outplayed was deeply worrying and doesnt fill me with conficence moving forward.

Sorry to say, but this sums up my take on things also 

37 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Apart from 2014 when we lost to them 3-0 at home in the first league game that season.

4 minutes ago, KGB said:

Spot on. 

We have been pish since November, were very pish today and will most probably be pish in our last 3 games of this season. 

That was awful to watch but at least there is now no pretending about how big of a rebuild Glass is tasked with.

I actually have plans for the whole weekend of the semi finals and Eurovision is same day as final so at least no clashes any more ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, flooter said:

Was that Gash Taylors debut? 

Aye. It was an entirely different kettle of fish that day, where we were tactically okay but Taylor kept passing the ball to them in front of goal. Ironically, we could have been doing with Taylor today, Hoban was awful.

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

So a McInnes team lost to a better version of the same team 7 years ago? Is your argument against my statement that a McInnes team would not have lost 0-3 against this current Dundee Utd team?

BRILLIANT!

No my argument was that you said "there is absolutely no way a McInnes side would have lost 0-3 at home to the DAB’s."  and I pointed out that a McInnes side had actually been beaten 3-0 at home to a DU side.  Just being pedantic.

Edited by dons8321

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I agree, but McInnes wouldn't have lost that 3-0, there was some ridiculously naive tactics and very little attempt to change it. These are actually the types of games that McInnes would grind out draws and wins in. Whilst these aren't Glass' players, it's fucking obvious what their strengths and weaknesses are and he shouldn't be exacerbating them. McInnes was good at building points, which was done even with players missing at times. This side today are probably 3-4 players away from what we'll likely see next season, so including injuries this is what Glass will have to deal with at times. 

“3 or 4”.

Fuck me I hope it’s more than that