Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Big week - Dons - Tims

4 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

That is sickening! But still a lot of positives, Collum was shite as usual.

Collum was 400 times better than the guy at the weekend. Would like to see the Turnbull incident again, I think it's a red but not sure. Definitely not a pen for Hayes, just ran out of steam. 

Positives.....but.........I always felt a Celtic goal was coming, we were hanging on. We got deeper and deeper and deeper. Had McInnes been manager we'd be slating him for game management mode and sitting back when they were there to be beaten.

Anyway, I don't really care that much. The last few games give Glass an idea of what he has and then summer shopping. 

I will add, a Hayes of a few years ago doesn't get caught and scores. Old man legs!

Edited by LA-Don

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

Collum was 400 times better than the guy at the weekend. Would like to see the Turnbull incident again, I think it's a red but not sure. Definitely not a pen for Hayes, just ran out of steam. 

I wouldn't disagree that Hayes was running out of steam, but Mcgregor wasn't trying to get the ball and from the replay I saw put his arm across although I would like to see it again.

1 hour ago, LA-Don said:

Positives.....but.........I always felt a Celtic goal was coming, we were hanging on. We got deeper and deeper and deeper. Had McInnes been manager we'd be slating him for game management mode and sitting back when they were there to be beaten.

Anyway, I don't really care that much. The last few games give Glass an idea of what he has and then summer shopping. 

I will add, a Hayes of a few years ago doesn't get caught and scores. Old man legs!

The difference for me was that when we broke out, we had a plan and it's was slick. There wasn't a wingback playing sideways passes to a midfielder to send back to joe or Andy. At no point did Andy take his usual half a dozen touches before a pass.

They looked hungry to get forward and weren't getting in each others way, slowing it down. 

Aye Celtic had great chances but so did we and it's been a while since we were creating good chances.

I'm impressed by the change in a week. Let's hope it is all coaching and not just a wee bounce.

7 hours ago, redordead said:

The difference for me was that when we broke out, we had a plan and it's was slick. There wasn't a wingback playing sideways passes to a midfielder to send back to joe or Andy. At no point did Andy take his usual half a dozen touches before a pass.

They looked hungry to get forward and weren't getting in each others way, slowing it down. 

Aye Celtic had great chances but so did we and it's been a while since we were creating good chances.

I'm impressed by the change in a week. Let's hope it is all coaching and not just a wee bounce.

Nice having a big target man as an extra option,but we'd get much more focussing on a pacy attack IMO,and a lot better to watch

Never saw the game last night but listened to the last 10 minutes on the radio and having done that, really surprised to see the comments above saying how positive we were and what a change there has been.  Willie Miller said we parked the bus and that although the result was good he was not sure if the fans would accept that style of play.   

43 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Never saw the game last night but listened to the last 10 minutes on the radio and having done that, really surprised to see the comments above saying how positive we were and what a change there has been.  Willie Miller said we parked the bus and that although the result was good he was not sure if the fans would accept that style of play.   

And Celtic had 72% possession.

Hoban was awful at marking Griffiths for that goal.

17 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

And Celtic had 72% possession.

Hoban was awful at marking Griffiths for that goal.

I think it was Considine. It was a really good cross, very difficult for the defender. The fault was with the three players that didn't prevent the cross coming in, or even making it difficult.

I thought we were decent last night, but I didn't see anything we wouldn't have under McInnes (the 3-3 earlier in the season was a much more accomplished performance), which is to be expected. What we did see is a team that's had its confidence raised a little by the new manager, responding well to some simple instructions. Ferguson starting to look back to the way he was playing at the start of the season and he should have put that chance away after the lovely through ball from Brown. Hopefully we can do the business at the weekend and give us another game to look forward to, and hopefully the players can just enjoy the remainder of the season.

12 hours ago, DantheDon said:

I wouldn't disagree that Hayes was running out of steam, but Mcgregor wasn't trying to get the ball and from the replay I saw put his arm across although I would like to see it again.

Was probably a free kick, the contact was outside the box and I think Hayes was falling before being inside. Trouble is, if he gives the FK he has to send McGregor off. I don't think its a Glasgow Duopoly thing, I think it would be a tough one to give regardless. Hayes' legs looked like they were struggling to keep up with him and he kind of half-stumbles which allowed McGregor to catch him. Shame as 3 years ago he wouldn't have been caught. 

Turnbull was a straight red. 

Should have been 3-1 up at least when they got their second so disappointing on that front. Performance was big improvement on recent times. 

The lad Callum Ramsay had an excellent 60 minutes or so tailed off towards the end, Dean Campbell is stepping up, Ferguson had one of his better games even if he should have scored at least one more (wonder what his xG was?), and Considine looked to have rediscovered some form. Kamberi could have held it up better on a few occasions but as has been said, mutlipel times since he joined not really a role he is accustomed too, Kennedy still slowing play down too often. 

OH! and fuck all hoofs from the back too!

Edited by baggy89

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I think it was Considine. It was a really good cross, very difficult for the defender. The fault was with the three players that didn't prevent the cross coming in, or even making it difficult.

I thought we were decent last night, but I didn't see anything we wouldn't have under McInnes (the 3-3 earlier in the season was a much more accomplished performance), which is to be expected. What we did see is a team that's had its confidence raised a little by the new manager, responding well to some simple instructions. Ferguson starting to look back to the way he was playing at the start of the season and he should have put that chance away after the lovely through ball from Brown. Hopefully we can do the business at the weekend and give us another game to look forward to, and hopefully the players can just enjoy the remainder of the season.

Pretty sure It was Hoban with Campbell just the other side and further away from Griffiths.

For a striker of his quality (who didnt have to move too much to get on the end of the cross), and it being the final minute of the game, it was awful man marking.

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

Pretty sure It was Hoban with Campbell just the other side and further away from Griffiths.

For a striker of his quality (who didnt have to move too much to get on the end of the cross), and it being the final minute of the game, it was awful man marking.

Nah, it's Considine, check it on the BBC highlights, they're up. It's a fairly perfect cross like, a good area. Similar to McGinn's cross against Livi that Hornby made a cunt of. The point is that the attacker just has to take a few steps to meet it. I agree with Sancho that Ramsay was at fault, but there were two others there too and Ramsay was clearly struggling with cramp a few minutes earlier. Kennedy did well helping him out previously but probably could have done more.