Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Big week - Dons - Tims

Huge win for us at the weekend and the tims come in on a huge downer after losing to the huns.  Their season is over, a lot of them know they are leaving too so they really are there for the taking.  We still have all to play for and we defo got better as the game went on against livi.  A win on Wednesday would send us into the utd qf nicely and it puts pressure on hibs too.  Coyr

Gonna hijack this thread for the game if that’s ok TLG as I think it sets it up nicely.

not going to be the making of our season as that’s all over the shop, need to focus on trying to end as positively as we can , especially with the new manager in place. Still, as you say, the dhims are there for the taking but I’m not convinced we’ve the quality or nous to take advantage of it. Who knows, he might throw in a bunch of youngsters that step up to the plate and show some of the older guys how it’s done. 

out

bed

Work

work

2-1 dhims, Ferguson 

• manc_don changed the title to Big week - Dons - Tims
3 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Lewis 

McCrorie Hoban Considine MacKenzie    
                Ferguson Campbell    
            Kamberi McGinn Hayes 

Hornby

Dons 1 - 3 Tims

EDIT - forgot big Joe likely to be out. 
Woods in for him 

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

Gonna hijack this thread for the game if that’s ok TLG as I think it sets it up nicely.

not going to be the making of our season as that’s all over the shop, need to focus on trying to end as positively as we can , especially with the new manager in place. Still, as you say, the dhims are there for the taking but I’m not convinced we’ve the quality or nous to take advantage of it. Who knows, he might throw in a bunch of youngsters that step up to the plate and show some of the older guys how it’s done. 

out

bed

Work

work

2-1 dhims, Ferguson 

No worries.  

I think there's plenty to be optimistic about 2bh.   Motivation makes such a difference and we go into this on the high of getting through in the cup and a europa league group stage position to play for whilst every single one of those celtic players just want it to be over now.  I don't care enough to look it up but this has been arguably their worst ever season so great is their capitulation.  They will be half a yard off the pace I reckon, we just need to get in their faces and they will struggle.  From that point of view it will be interesting to see if brown plays.  

3-1 dons Kennedy, hendry and kamberi

Will be really interesting to see how we approach this one. I don't think they'll struggle to get themselves back to speed for this one. Their record is fairly good against anyone who isn't the Huns with a massive goal difference and on track to get to 80 points. We'll be confident following the cup win, but there were still some glaring deficiencies in our game. Will be interesting to see if McRorie plays at right back or if we go with an extra man in midfield. He's been poor for quite some time now and he was way off it again against Livi. I don't know if Glass would risk Ramsay and McKenzie, but it would be justified. I can't see McRorie being dropped though, which is one of the dilemmas we're going to have next season when we're completely overloaded in midfield.

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I think it's way too early to be expecting a result against Celtic.

We are still shite at the moment and our passing game is revolting.

Well I really hope the management and players have a better attitude towards the game than you do.  They've been shite, we've been shite but having something to play for makes all the difference.   Their entire team is looking over their shoulder at the moment.  Their best want to leave, the rest suspect they be forced out and their manager is just wanting to go back to being a coach.  This is the type of game where simply wanting it more will get you a result more often than not. 

7 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I think it's way too early to be expecting a result against Celtic.

We are still shite at the moment and our passing game is revolting.

Exactly

The Tims form has picked up - they should’ve taken about 4 off the huns on Sunday & have been in decent form the last couple of months.

Are folk eyes painted on with us?

We have been shite for months & were again for 70 minutes the other night until we equalised.

Tims will win comfortably tomorrow. 

We are forecasting it because of the team we have.

We are about to embark on a rebuild of a team around a few players with a manager who has only managed 1 game thus far.

We have one of the worst teams put together in years. Its disjointed and remember, we have players uncertain of their future too.

I was embarrassed of our woeful passing against Livingston.

We can be 'up' for this game all we want but the fact is, Celtic are still far superior to us.

We barely score goals from open play. Am I missing something about the last 15 games where we have only scored 6 goals that you feel positivity from lol?

I'm not being negative.

I'm being realistic.

?

(I never said a big win just saying)

Edited by HaarDon

As others have said we need to win this one to keep pressure on the spoon burners. Hopefully last two games have given players a bit of confidence. Not convinced we can try to play out from the back against Celtic. As Haar said our passing isn’t good enough. Also concerned about the injury to Joe as my memories of Woods at Hamilton are of him being shite. We also have to start with two upfront as none of players we have can play the lone striker role.

oot

work then 3 second commute to couch.

TV

flat

0-2 no dons scorer. 

39 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Decent line up. Guessing Henry through the middle and Kamberi wide, with McGinn tanking about wherever, getting ready to not celebrate after scoring. Looking forward to it.

Would be my guess. 4 at the back again as well.

Loved that first half. They've had their chances but our play had been so much more positive. Passing forward, aggressive in the 50/50, Hayes using the pace he has. Moving the ball quickly on the counter.

If glass can get that in a week, we have a lot to look forward to next season.

Side note. Keeper has made some great saves and looks like he's giving his all. I've felt for some time that Joe had been going through the motions and don't think he'd have kept those out. Let's hope he has a fight for his spot now.

Edited by redordead