Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

SC - Dumbarton vs Dons

55 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Fantastic game, can't fault a single player today. Well done dons, great result against a top side.

29 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

Hendry closing in on top spot for this season's goalscoring record

And yet another clean sheet ?

5 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Any news on Ramsays injury? Hope its not bad, would be good to see him get a run in the team.

Only saw last 20 mind or so but hearing that Ramsay had a pretty solid debut and capable of putting in half decent crosses that beat the first man ?

I thought our first half performance was pretty decent. Their keeper had two or three top class saves and there was at least one block on the line (or at least close to it) we also had a few effort that were inches away from woodwork. Ramsay looked really good, can beat a man and put in some excellent crosses. Our defence had a few uncharacteristic shaky moments, however, I'm not actually surprised by that. If the team is not scoring, it puts huge pressure on the defence and goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet and a match against lower league opposition just heightens that pressure! I was also impressed with Dean Campbell. I though he controlled the midfield and splayed some lovely passes.

The one player who I thought had a particularly awful match (again) was Hayes. He did next to nothing. He has to be dropped and let someone else have a go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

I thought our first half performance was pretty decent. Their keeper had two or three top class saves and there was at least one block on the line (or at least close to it) we also had a few effort that were inches away from woodwork. Ramsay looked really good, can beat a man and put in some excellent crosses. Our defence had a few uncharacteristic shaky moments, however, I'm not actually surprised by that. If the team is not scoring, it puts huge pressure on the defence and goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet and a match against lower league opposition just heightens that pressure! I was also impressed with Dean Campbell. I though he controlled the midfield and splayed some lovely passes.

The one player who I thought had a particularly awful match (again) was Hayes. He did next to nothing. He has to be dropped and let someone else have a go.

You're the first person I've seen say that about him.  Personally, I don't think he'll cut it, as he's not progressive enough but how folk were blaming him for the poor performance yesterday surprised me. Especially since there are experienced pro's in that team who are massively under performing / past it. Seems like a nice kid, and I wish him well. I just haven't seen anything that makes me think he's what we need to take us forward. Caveat being, I didn't watch this game (just the highlights), it's more of a feeling I have generally speaking.

Edit:

Ramsay looks a player, good to see some excellent crosses getting played in. Decent effort from Ross as well. Actually seemed like we were wasteful from the highlights, but that'll be why they're in the highlights reel.

Highlights:

Campbell was our best player on Saturday.

He's better than Ferguson or McRorie. We should build the team around him.

I'd like to see mainly younger players in the team from now until the end of the season. Some of them are clearly better than the senior players.