Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Players out of contract

Sorry but I am starting this because it has been mentioned a number of times that there are a few players out of contract, however, I don't know who they all are. Only ones I know for definite are Hoban and Leigh. We HAVE to resign Hoban surely! He has been solid for us and he owes us something for helping him resurrect his career. I would also like to give Leigh a chance. He is a good attacking full back, is still reasonably young and if he kicks on, could make us some cash or be a great player for us.

Can anyone help out with who else? If Logan is out of contract, I am sure he will be away, he's not been getting a chance and can't see him and Brown being best buddies.

McLennan signed a new contract a few weeks ago didn't he ?

Logan will be offski, perhaps Cove Rangers whilst working in his plumbing business also.

The rest, I have no idea but would probably keep Hoban, Virtanen & Ross.

Taylor is rumoured to be away south again and can be replaced

image.thumb.png.fe65947a83198670c988cfe83090dfb4.png

Of those out of contract this year would like to see Hoban offered a new deal but expect him head back South. From the comments about developing players I expect Anderson, Ross and Virtanen to be offered extensions. The rest who are out of contract I expect to be moved on. I also think club might try cash in on Ferguson. Creates space for managers mate to play. 

I don't think we'll get a good enough offer for Ferguson to be moved on and a less cautious manager will get much more dynamic performances out of him. Sell January or next summer. Keep Ross. Move McRorie back to defence to save retaining Taylor or Hoban (although another year for ash or two for Hoban would be fine). Would be happy keeping Anderson just to see if he could prove himself under a new manager, but I don't know if another season of uncertainty is best for him.

The 9 players remaining is a fairly good base for any manager, the natural end of some of these contracts is good timing. 

11 minutes ago, StuartyRed82 said:

I’d keep Anderson, Hogan, McGinn (1 year deal) and Virtanen. Will be very interesting indeed to see who we take in. Also very intriguing to see who will be coming in as assistant manager

I don't think he's the ultimate warrior we need.

• Haha 1

Yep as Rico alluded to above it looks like Shay has worn the red of Aberdeen for the last time and is away to Hearts on loan until season end.

I'd like to thank him for his outstanding service during his 289 appearances for us and I'm sure he goes with our collective best wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Yep as Rico alluded to above it looks like Shay has worn the red of Aberdeen for the last time and is away to Hearts on loan until season end.

I'd like to thank him for his outstanding service during his 289 appearances for us and I'm sure he goes with our collective best wishes.

Absolutely, thanks Shay. Whilst the last couple of years have not been your best, you have been a loyal servant and always gave everything. #onceadonalwaysadon Stand Free loon.

7 hours ago, BigAl said:

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

• Like 1

Logan’s time at the club should never have ended like this. Cormack has got to address the Brown/Tonev/Logan race issue. Just because Shay is no longer on the scene doesn’t mean the issue has gone away. Whether that’s with Cormack addressing it in person and/or getting Brown to do it, something needs to be said. Hopefully there are mitigating circumstances regarding Brown’s role in that, that we are unaware of.  I’d really like Brown speak up on this as soon as he arrives.

it’s a great question for Cormack whenever his open mic night is!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sheepheid said:

Logan’s time at the club should never have ended like this. Cormack has got to address the Brown/Tonev/Logan race issue. Just because Shay is no longer on the scene doesn’t mean the issue has gone away. Whether that’s with Cormack addressing it in person and/or getting Brown to do it, something needs to be said. Hopefully there are mitigating circumstances regarding Brown’s role in that, that we are unaware of.  I’d really like Brown speak up on this as soon as he arrives.

it’s a great question for Cormack whenever his open mic night is!

There's another element to it too though. It should be done the next time he speaks to the press. It's no use waiting until he arrives at the club, it has to be now, because it has to be an apology that goes above and beyond partisan club affiliations. At the moment, Brown's position is that Logan lied about being racially abused. If he makes an apology when he joins, he's saying that Logan didn't lie, but Celtic's handling of the situation was fine (in other words, Celtic is bigger than racism towards an AFC player). In order for his apology to be in anyway credible, he has to call out his current club now and apologise for his part in the overall handling. Anything else is just political whitewash. It'll lead to a player/coach coming here knowing that he's bigger than the club. The fact that the club hasn't mentioned it is classless as fuck. It's exactly the sort of shite we'd expect from the Huns.

For anyone unsure about the whole thing, it's the equivalent of someone saying that a girl who has been sexually assaulted by a teammate probably made it up, or probably deserved it. That's the victim blaming offence here. Also, it isn't, and never has been, the responsibility of a captain to justify the actions of his club. If that had been an AFC captain coming the cunt at the time, I'd have been launching my season ticket in Milne's face. He can be excused for making the error of judgement of course, but he's an adult now with ideas of becoming a coach, and needs to apologise for that. If that offends the "club with no affiliation to Celtic boys club" and he's afraid to do that then AFC should take the high ground and tell him to go fuck himself.

Edited by RicoS321

On 25/03/2021 at 23:52, scotfree said:

Tommie Hoban, Connor McLennan, Niall McGinn, Ash Taylor, Michael Devlin, Greg Leigh, Shay Logan, Miko Virtanen and Ethan Ross all out of contract on May 31th. And of course Fraser Hornby, Florian Kamberi, Callum Hendry and Gary Woods loans finish.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/aberdeen-fc/vertragsende/verein/370

Get rid of the lot o them imo.