Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scott Brown

Not sure about Brown as a signing,but what the stature of the signing could do is begin something,like we saw when Flood and Robson signed,that built and built throughout the following season.Heres hoping anyway,...with a bit of luck the crowds might be back early next season too.

9 hours ago, flooter said:

A sad day in our clubs history.  Without the old firms referee protection he'll be suspended more than he plays.  I'm away to throw up. 

With him and Ferguson in the middle of the park (if Ferguson stays) I think we can rule out winning the fair play league.

3 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

With him and Ferguson in the middle of the park (if Ferguson stays) I think we can rule out winning the fair play league.

If Ferguson stays, and him & Brown are playing together as the 2 sitting midfielders, they’ll rack up more yellow cards than any central midfielders in the league.

Scott Brown won’t have his yellow & red card immunity he had at the Tims, where he could commit 5 or 6 fouls before the referee did something about it. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Apparently on his way, terminated contract.  Probs for the best, I certainly wouldn't describe his signing as a failure but this is probably best for both parties now glass has left.  Frees up a big wage too

Couldn't have summed up my thoughts any better mate.

Best move for both parties.

I assume we are not paying him off.

• Like 1

When he signed I had this weird feeling he wouldn't finish the season. More because I thought he'd play a few games, get injured, struggle at his age for fitness, and eventually retire. I didn't obviously see Glass being sacked so soon and Brown wanting out.

I'd liked to have seen him stay. Looking ahead to next season he's probably not in our starting XI, but he would still be a very decent back-up, would be an asset as a coach, and it's a strong leader in the dressing room. 

A lot of people on Twitter rewriting history and making out he's been a waste of time as a player. That's just not true - was very good in a lot of games in the early part of the season. But like I said on another thread - I think he played too much. Glass built the midfield around him and you can't do that with a 36-year-old. Became a bit of a liability of late - especially v Motherwell and Hearts.

Shame we didn't get to see him lead us out at Hampden. But, think we've a good captain in waiting in Ross McCrorie.

• Like 2

Disappointed to hear about this.  We have lost a lot of experience in the last few months with Logan, McGinn and now Brown leaving.  Other than Hayes, Lewis and Considine, we are struggling for proper senior players.  In theory, Barron should have been playing alongside Brown to learn his trade instead of just replacing him.  We also have very few players in the squad and the backroom team who have actually won anything and just having Brown there to try to instil that winning mentality/habit would have been useful.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

When he signed I had this weird feeling he wouldn't finish the season. More because I thought he'd play a few games, get injured, struggle at his age for fitness, and eventually retire. I didn't obviously see Glass being sacked so soon and Brown wanting out.

I'd liked to have seen him stay. Looking ahead to next season he's probably not in our starting XI, but he would still be a very decent back-up, would be an asset as a coach, and it's a strong leader in the dressing room. 

A lot of people on Twitter rewriting history and making out he's been a waste of time as a player. That's just not true - was very good in a lot of games in the early part of the season. But like I said on another thread - I think he played too much. Glass built the midfield around him and you can't do that with a 36-year-old. Became a bit of a liability of late - especially v Motherwell and Hearts.

Shame we didn't get to see him lead us out at Hampden. But, think we've a good captain in waiting in Ross McCrorie.

I think rewriting history is probably unfair (although maybe not on Twitter!). This scenario, in my view, was obvious. I suggested it at the time. It was Hartley all over again. A good player for a few months, until he isn't. 

We pandered to a Tim legend and made it out to be signing of the century. We overlooked the fact that he was massively involved in the racial abuse of one of our own, making us look utterly pathetic. It was a weak as fuck move which didn't pay off, and was never likely to have. There is zero evidence we gained anything from his coaching, and on the park, despite some good early performances, we got a guy thriving on playing the panto villain rather than developing a partnership between Ferguson, McRorie and another. We didn't have a single player in that area of the pitch that was ever going to benefit from any experience that Brown had to offer, all it did was give a guaranteed slot to a guy on the wane. It was a fucking awful move from a poor manager, and I'm guessing that it'll have unsettled the dressing room, setting us back even further too. It was an utterly naive appointment that shouldn't have happened. Hopefully Cormack will learn from it, and hopefully the fallout won't spill over into the Goodwin era. The problems were all stated up front, so hindsight isn't relevant here either.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I think rewriting history is probably unfair (although maybe not on Twitter!). This scenario, in my view, was obvious. I suggested it at the time. It was Hartley all over again. A good player for a few months, until he isn't. 

We pandered to a Tim legend and made it out to be signing of the century. We overlooked the fact that he was massively involved in the racial abuse of one of our own, making us look utterly pathetic. It was a weak as fuck move which didn't pay off, and was never likely to have. There is zero evidence we gained anything from his coaching, and on the park, despite some good early performances, we got a guy thriving on playing the panto villain rather than developing a partnership between Ferguson, McRorie and another. We didn't have a single player in that area of the pitch that was ever going to benefit from any experience that Brown had to offer, all it did was give a guaranteed slot to a guy on the wane. It was a fucking awful move from a poor manager, and I'm guessing that it'll have unsettled the dressing room, setting us back even further too. It was an utterly naive appointment that shouldn't have happened. Hopefully Cormack will learn from it, and hopefully the fallout won't spill over into the Goodwin era. The problems were all stated up front, so hindsight isn't relevant here either.

Stop reading my mind man. 

• Like 1