Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Hamilton

22 minutes ago, redordead said:

This has no effect on how shite we are this year though.

It’s the reason we are shite. The deference to the huns.

The desire, even from our own manager, for a return to the duopoly and eternal helicopter Sundays, is everywhere. Our players are signing for them and laughing in the fans faces.

Just pack it in Aberdeen. These last 36 years have been completely pathetic. If this is the best they can do then just quit football. What a bunch of fannies we have entertained as so called challengers for the title in the last 36 years. Our game now is a shadow of our game then.

Edited by tup1

Just back. Cracking atmosphere in the South Stand at full time, great to see us get a point at home.  

Nipped into Archibald Simpson’s on the way home for a quick pint. What a bounce!! It was electric. Great to see the city get a big lift from a superb point against Hamilton. 

COYR!!!!

Onwards and upwards. 

5th is ours! ?

That was turgid stuff. Very difficult to watch. First 20 minutes, being generous, you could see us winning by two or three, they work us out and slow the game down completely and we're out of ideas. Too frightened to take off any of his big name midfielders, he decides to play McLennan in a position he's proven unequivocally shite in. He's got one fucking position, and it's right side of midfield as wing back or winger. It took away any momentum we might have gained from the sub. Then he takes nine fucking minutes to take on Kennedy, before a three minute cameo for Ruth. Just recognise the fucking urgency with half an hour to go and if you intend playing Ruth then get him on as part of a double sub. It's like he thinks: I'll try McLennan up front and when that fails and his confidence is lower, I'll move him wide where he prefers to play. 

Being fucking awful at changing things is completely fine when you're grinding out points, but as soon as you actually need to make game changing moves to win points or even just score goals you're absolutely fucked. 

Third place almost mathematically gone, no point in holding out further. He's been given time to fail on his own terms, and has failed. 

From the performances of late the manager and players know we are going to have major changes in the summer and most won’t be here next season. They are just going through the motions now. The time taken to make the last two changes was a joke. 

Two weeks before the next game so probably perfect time to make a change. However, who is available at the moment. 

2 hours ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

did you listen to him ? spent over a minute talking about missing hornby and moaning about lack of striking options

Nope

That's why I said what I did.

Switched off Red TV in 95th minute when we were pinned back in our own half as Accies were winning one throw in after another

1 hour ago, Jute said:

From the performances of late the manager and players know we are going to have major changes in the summer and most won’t be here next season. They are just going through the motions now. The time taken to make the last two changes was a joke. 

Two weeks before the next game so probably perfect time to make a change. However, who is available at the moment. 

I’d rather you were in the dug out.

Just get rid of him. Now. 

Surely DC can see it's better to pay McInnes off now and start afresh right now.

McInnes is a total fraud and charlatan though nobody supports AFC more than him.

Did anyone see DM on the sidelines screaming at the players?

I'll bet the answer is no.

Would be so nice to see some originality and drive.

If these board members truly want a return then scrap the fucking team, get a foreign manager in with some foreign players who have actually some skill borne from better football acadamies than ours.

Do you get a better team by buying better players or buying a new stadium and training ground?

For 18 million was it , we could have been 2nd place and into Europe.

Spend on players then after the success, get the mentioned above.

Training ground? Ffs great players used street kerbs and dirt pitches.

Ferguson has always been over rated and the others are just passengers.

Our best 2 players for years are Hedges and Wright. Wright fucks off and Hedges gets injured.

We have Aberdeenzed it AGAIN.

It could well be with this years season being fucked up because of Covid, but this team does not feel like my team if that's understandable. When we were uber-shite back in the 90's the team still felt like they were Aberdeen players, shit or not. I don't feel like I have a connection to this team. I've been a Dons fan all of my life and I've never felt this way before. It's not like I got to many games as I've lived in Oz for 25 years, so It's not being unable to get to games that has brought on this disjointed feeling. I'm not sure why as I thought the appointment of Cormack as chairman was the way forward, but I do feel like there is something just not right. I really want this season finished and I'm hoping that Aberdeen FC feels like my team again next season. Ho-hum. 

This for me as well  - I'm watching this game today which was absolutely torture, willing them  to make a pass that really meant something and thinking I'm not invested in these players, it may be a covid thing I suppose and you really don't know how they are all doing mental health wise but McGinn & Hayes both look done in, Kamberi has nice touches but actually no understanding with his team mates so they come to nothing.

Then you are hoping that the youngsters will come  on for the last half hour but no we get McLennan & Kennedy who you just know are not gonna make one bit of difference!!

Soul destroying stuff - we are hanging on to potential 3rd place by a thread and only cause hibees are completely pish too 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HaarDon said:

If these board members truly want a return then scrap the fucking team, get a foreign manager in with some foreign players who have actually some skill borne from better football acadamies than ours.

I'm all for a foreign manager, just in the interest of trying something different and getting away from the reverence of the in firm. But I think we just generally need a manager who will give our own skillful youth players a chance.

49 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

I'm all for a foreign manager, just in the interest of trying something different and getting away from the reverence of the in firm. But I think we just generally need a manager who will give our own skillful youth players a chance.

That would be nice too dan

I think a mix would be best.

Youth, experience and foreign.

Variety is the spice of life 

16 hours ago, HaarDon said:

That would be nice too dan

I think a mix would be best.

Youth, experience and foreign.

Variety is the spice of life 

It's interesting/bizarre that you have stated zero managerial attributes. 

I personally think we should be looking at blonde hair, to get away from all the brown and grey haired managers that we've been employing lately. 

I mean there must be some good albino managers out there? It's not like we're moving to summer football anytime soon.

I'm not saying take a gung ho approach.

A new manager who will change what we are atm.

We're not even a nearly team anymore.

Fresh ideas come from trying something different.

Lennon or Goodwin isnt what we need. That's just dark ages thinking.

A manager who has a proven record or is having good success with a team against better opposition.

If that's foreign then so be it. But what we do , what we have been doing for decades DOES NOT WORK!

Rico you can come back with as many negative replies as you want.

I dont know the answer and neither do you.i do know we need to try a different approach.

We aren't doing that and we are nobodys.

How you can argue with that is beyond me.