Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livi vs dons

10 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

anyone explain why kennedy and hayes are not on their natural wings?

Tactics min. I sort of understand it in this game because McLennan probably isn't winning that many headers from direct crosses, he needs to make space, and maybe the wide players checking back allows this. To be honest, it makes sense on a pitch like this because the option to cut inside and shoot on a slick pitch should be fruitful. But I'm probably in agreement with you, I'd rather we had width and look to play quick first time balls in the area before McLennan is under pressure.

Otherwise, a decent half, very even game, good and open and plenty of pressing. Need to start shooting more and trying the quick pass for McLennan in behind.

1 minute ago, redordead said:

Does anybody else wonder if we practice shooting at all or passing through balls?. It's quite impressive how consistently we are awful in the final third.

Even if we did, this pitch is a little faster than normal I'd say, both teams making errors when it gets tight in the final third.

Oh well, not the worst result all things considered. Feel a bit sorry for Anderson, gets three minutes of a game and his first touch is a sitter missed. Not any worse than Kennedy's effort. Both shite. 79th minute to make the first sub, I've no idea what McInnes is seeing out there. We weren't scoring. Whilst it was a shite effort from Anderson, I've no doubt that the lack of time on the pitch is a major factor in those chances. Give him 25 minutes and he might get two or three chances, or at least two or three touches of the ball, before he gets that opportunity. Throwing a guy on with such little time and it's always going to be 100mph shite, and snatching at opportunities. It was obvious from the hour mark that we needed a change.

• Like 1

Pretty brutal watch but we did have chances, although much like most weeks of late, Lewis makes late saves.

I don’t think signing a forward will make a difference, we’re dire in attack. We can’t cross or finish. I’ve never rated Kennedy, and McLennan is average at best. Hayes is a left back for sure now, Wright is leaving, and I expect hedges to drop off since he’s best bud is leaving, and I’m assuming he is too. Watkins gone, cosgrove gone, Edmundson gone, i’m not even mentioning Main.

Sad to think how good we looked early season, depressing stuff now. I don’t care about Livi and their form, we should be better. Celtic are shite this year, another missed opportunity.

Edited by LA-Don
  • Like 1