Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livingston v Dons 30/12.

Less than two days before the game and no game thread. Waiting for some weak excuse about bairns’ first Christmas excuse from Manc. 

McCrorie will be back for this one so expect him to come in for Campbell. Desperately need McGinn to be fit to give us some creativity and allow Main to be stuck on the bench. Been very disappointed with Kennedy for last few games and need him to step as at the moment a shadow of the player who was at St Johnstone.

If we repeat the performance from Saturday I think we will struggle against Livingston.

Early start on Wednesday with a 4pm kick off. Livingston charged Hibs £20 for their PPV so might be sticking to radio if this is repeated. 

Oot

Flat

Flat

Flat

1-1 Cosgrove pen. 

£20 for ppv?!? Fuck that. Sums up what is what wrong with football if that’s the pricing in the middle of a fucking pandemic. 

Been a mad few days, but you beat me to it Jute ? had just sat down to do it ?

not sure what the answer is with Kennedy. Doesn’t appear DM is able to unlock what made him desirable at the saints. His overall play is not of the standard we need. 

Out

bed

bed (if I’m lucky)

breakfast duty

1-1, main

8 hours ago, manc_don said:

Not sure what the answer is with Kennedy. Doesn’t appear DM is able to unlock what made him desirable at the saints. His overall play is not of the standard we need.

I don't think he was that good at saints, just had a good game against us once, which he's well capable of. He's been asked to do a difficult job at wing back for us, and he's doing okay overall, but not great. Defensively, he's tracking his man and not giving much away. In attack, he's struggling to find the energy to get beyond his man and get a cross in. I think that McLennan was doing a better job before the u21 covid and was hard done by not to retain his position. I'm guessing there's a bit of politics in there, given the board freed up the cash for him in January. Thing is, Kennedy could easily be the next Hayes if he just improves that final third part of his game. All it will take is a little bit more effort, because he has the attributes. He's just breathing out his airse a little when he needs that final bit of composure. His crosses always seem a little tired at the end of a run, or he makes the cross from too deep rather than run at the player.

1 hour ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

he doesnt have the heart of hayes .. hes a shirker he wont improve, nor is their any coaching framework at the club to allow him to

There clearly is. As evidenced by Hayes himself, who's best career spell was at AFC under current management. As evidenced by Hedges current form, Ferguson, McKenna, Considine etc etc. Kennedy is far from a shirker, his workrate is excellent, it's his ability in the final third and probably his lack of confidence in his own ability. Like Hayes, he keeps trying, but his head isn't in time with his legs and he resorts to putting his head down when it should be up and vice versa. I think it'll click with him at some point, it's just whether we believe he's worth persisting with. He reminds me of McGinn a few years back. Nothing was coming off for him going forward but he never shirked his defensive responsibilities.

I’d like to see McLennan come in as right wing back for this as I think he offers far more threat going forward.  I’d also love to see the poor kid who got put on for the last 5 minutes of the mauling get another chance and maybe a few touches this time. I (like everybody else) don’t think that main and cosgrove works. Id like to see anybody really playing in behind in a Scott Wright type role. Unfortunately I think that he’ll move Fergie forward instead and for me, Fergie isn’t dynamic enough for that role.

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

There clearly is. As evidenced by Hayes himself, who's best career spell was at AFC under current management. As evidenced by Hedges current form, Ferguson, McKenna, Considine etc etc. Kennedy is far from a shirker, his workrate is excellent, it's his ability in the final third and probably his lack of confidence in his own ability. Like Hayes, he keeps trying, but his head isn't in time with his legs and he resorts to putting his head down when it should be up and vice versa. I think it'll click with him at some point, it's just whether we believe he's worth persisting with. He reminds me of McGinn a few years back. Nothing was coming off for him going forward but he never shirked his defensive responsibilities.

watch hm pull out of challenges , not attack headers hayes had v good stats when he joined us .. re the very good coaching.. why are our wingers generally unable to cross the ball properly

Not an expert but id say putting undersoil heating under astroturf would either be pointless or a recipe for disaster.

Astroturf should have a protective membrane underneath which would have little or no breathability. Undersoil heating is a 'wet' system which needs to be able to breath to prevent overheating which it can do through soil. Put that under a thick plastic sheet and you can probably guess what will happen.

• 2 weeks later...