Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

Was ace against San Marino, then utter horse in the following two games (by horse, I mean dead horse). A good risky signing if we could actually sign him. Not sure as a loan, as I get the impression he wouldn't hit the ground running as he looked miles off the pace in the u21s. Ferguson, McRorie, McLennan were all night and day better than him. He's big though.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Fraser Hornby anyone ?

22 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Is there speculation about Hornby or is that just a random suggestion?

11 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Was ace against San Marino, then utter horse in the following two games (by horse, I mean dead horse). A good risky signing if we could actually sign him. Not sure as a loan, as I get the impression he wouldn't hit the ground running as he looked miles off the pace in the u21s. Ferguson, McRorie, McLennan were all night and day better than him. He's big though.

OK guys perhaps a little naughty of me to just throw that name out there without a source but E.D picked it up.

Rico is right in that anyone watching him in those games will have seen the good, the bad and the ugly from him. 

Really have no idea if there is even do much as a tiny bit of truth in the story, but if there is you know it might just work if given the correct service.

If brought in to have balls hammered at him forty yards out with back to goal however then it's probably not a great idea

5 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Read we are in talks with a championship club for a loan deal. Louis Moult fits the profile, ex SPL player who had some success once, went south, injuries, and not much else since, but we’ll hope for former glories.

Thought he was still.some time away from playing again then if so and given we need someone immediately I suspect it is unlikely to be him even given our record of signing crocked players.

Surely ???

Considering we’ve been whoring Cosgrove around for the best part of a year, you’d think we would have a regularly updated shortlist of replacements for him, especially in the event that someone comes in for him in the last few days of the transfer window, I.e. lessons learned from the McKenna saga. Scrambling about getting a St Johnstone fringe player in on loan is not very encouraging.

Open to the idea of Hornby but a giant long-haired galoot up front for Aberdeen is going to be an easy target for referees.

I’d rather put McGinn up front than most of the other names linked.

5 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Read we are in talks with a championship club for a loan deal. Louis Moult fits the profile, ex SPL player who had some success once, went south, injuries, and not much else since, but we’ll hope for former glories.

Last article I saw on Moult said he hadn’t started back training in December and that it was likely to be a few weeks more before he was going to be at that stage. Really hope it’s not Moult.