Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

I see Cosgrove is being linked with Stoke again (according to the Hun).  I haven't read the article because of the paper, but I would love that to happen. We're shite up front anyway and he's regressed to what he was like when he arrived. Any money will be good money for him.

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

I see Cosgrove is being linked with Stoke again (according to the Hun).  I haven't read the article because of the paper, but I would love that to happen. We're shite up front anyway and he's regressed to what he was like when he arrived. Any money will be good money for him.

Apparently they watched him against the Tribute Act. No mention of a bid which doesn’t surprise me given how poor he was. 

Much like predicting he would come good just before he hit is purple patch in the previous 2 seasons, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that if he does leave for a lower league english team he will absolutely thrive. Not sure if he will ever 'make it' in the premiership but he'll certainly be one of those players who scores barrel loads in the championship which will put him into that weird category of players the likes of West Brom etc sign for tens of millions for little return.

And good luck to him if he does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Much like predicting he would come good just before he hit is purple patch in the previous 2 seasons, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that if he does leave for a lower league english team he will absolutely thrive. Not sure if he will ever 'make it' in the premiership but he'll certainly be one of those players who scores barrel loads in the championship which will put him into that weird category of players the likes of West Brom etc sign for tens of millions for little return.

And good luck to him if he does. 

I agree. He has some excellent attributes that someone could get a lot from. A move would probably allow him a run of games in a settled position. With the constant dicking about with things here, he's unlikely to get that. McInnes feels he has nothing to offer in a front three alongside Hedges and Wright, which I think is completely ridiculous, so we're not likely to play him back into form here. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigAl said:

AFC confirming that deal is done with pre contract having been signed

Wright to remain until season end (at least for the time being)

Fear for Tup's mental state now

Fuck sake. With fans not in the ground, I'd prefer it if we kept him but it's pretty fucking rank. Maybe he'll pick up an injury in his final game.

It's a fucking sorry state of affairs like, this should not have happened. Why are we looking at the potential of guys like Ferguson and Gallagher (Mark) but not our own players? Players like Wright are very, very uncommon (if he fulfills his potential). If the huns can recognise it, why couldn't we? I recognised it, so what the fuck were our staff doing? There are certain types of player that you just take risks on. The risk associated with giving Wright an additional year in the summer was minute. It's not acceptable to wait until he performs or not. This is the Ryan Fraser situation once more. It fucking reeked of piss, and so does this. If we are unwilling to take a punt on our own players, why should they take a punt on us? To be honest, from the minute Wright scored his hattrick one week and was given a paltry 30 seconds in the cup final the following week, his career has been mishandled. Injuries aside, he's been dicked about, been the perennial championship manager sub (the guy who before a ball is kicked, it's been decided that he'll be the first sub) and his potential not been advanced.

None of the above excuses the fact that he's a hun cunt of course, but all of the above is applicable if he'd chosen to join any other team. It's not good enough, and it's the club at fault, not the player.

32 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

so what the fuck were our staff doing?

The key question we have low skilled low quality staff and it appears a chasm between the strategy and the man in charge of footballing matters.. loser mindset

Except we don't. We have some good quality football players like Hedges, Ferguson, Hayes, McGinn as well as guys that are comfortable on the ball whilst putting in a shift like Kennedy (maybe), Considine, Hoban, McLennan, McGeouch, Campbell and some guys who are average players who put in a shift like Taylor, Main etc.

It's not just McInnes though, it's the club. There's no strategy there. McInnes has done exceptionally well at winning for us (despite his apparent loser mindset), with no recent manager coming close to the number of wins. However, he often does that by being safe on the pitch (game management) and safe in squad number. We've got guys like Ojo playing where Campbell and Virtanen should be. Guys like Main playing, where a disabled lamppost could be. Guys like McGinn and Logan possibly lasting a bit longer than they should (those can probably be forgiven for past service). We're basically at least two players heavy every season, because it is safer for McInnes to put a tried and tested average SPFL player like Main in than a youngster like Anderson (I don't rate, but that's not the point), or Ojo over Campbell. But that is a completely understandable approach for McInnes to take because, as we can see, as soon as we lose points the fans are hounding him - and his points returns as manager have been excellent. It needs the strategy from above that forces McInnes to act against his own best interests, to align with those at the club. It doesn't need major surgery either, just a slightly smaller pool of senior players. That would have meant not signing McGeouch and accepting that we'd signed a dud in Ojo for example. It would have meant not signing Main and Wilson or Main and Edmondson. Just the board putting the brakes on signings and forcing him to use youth.

I blame the parents.

?

Highlights the appalling state of new hun finances. Can't even afford a few grand to prevent the psychological damage likely to be done to the lad. What with him having to worry about potentially being in a team with the rat in 6 months time. 

Hopefully Considine breaks his leg in his final training session, or even the Aberdeen lad that plays for hibs in the post-split game for 100% deniability, would be best for all concerned.

• Like 2

Really frustrating to see any of our players going to the Rangers, but I agree with whats been said above. We haven't handled his development well so I'm not really surprised Wright doesn't feel particularly loyal to the club. 

You never know if a player will choose to wind down his contract but if he had been getting regular games and developing surely it would make him think twice.

The worst thing is that at the moment he is making the team tick and is an important part of the attractive game we are trying to play.

18 minutes ago, bearsdenred said:

Just like everyone else, there's another midfield player we thought was shite enough. 

Stewart, now wright. 

AFC can fucking do one. what is the point of investing in these players if we just going to sell em once they have a wee bit of form. 

Huns pop up, i want to beat your team more, let me buy wright of you. 

Why not sell the fucking first team to them and field 22 players from the fan base. Least they will get a game then.

We're not selling them Wright, it's a pre-season contract. I'd be completely fine with it if we were selling him.

Apparently he's a Don, so very strange decision. Unless the new huns are so obsessed with us that they are the only team willing to pay way over the odds for a continuously injured player and he's willing to risk being sparked out at Perth races and/or made to cry at Soul for a few quid more per week. 

The only logical explanation as far as I can see, is that he and the rat are lovers. Covid has messed with their trysts and he figures the only way to rekindle their romance is signing for the huns. 

I'm honestly not that bothered. He's a talented boy who has been injured for much of his time here. He's not been given consistent playing time in the past because his performances have been inconsistent. I also think he's paper thin and smash him in a tackle and he disappears. 

He goes to the huns and either gets injured or plays as much as Greg Stewart. I'd like us to try to get a deal done this week where we get Jordan Jones or Middleton in return.

Sickener,the main highlights of our play this season being him and Hedges together.Ach well,fair chance he'll be on the treatment table more often than not tbh. Next...

Hopefully get a decent swap,but must also be able to shuffle about what weve got eg, Kennedy(better game v Well further up the pitch),MacLennan? I'm sure he's got something,but he seems too thick to know where it is,Ross at Raith?

1 hour ago, LA-Don said:

I'm honestly not that bothered. He's a talented boy who has been injured for much of his time here. He's not been given consistent playing time in the past because his performances have been inconsistent. I also think he's paper thin and smash him in a tackle and he disappears. 

He goes to the huns and either gets injured or plays as much as Greg Stewart. I'd like us to try to get a deal done this week where we get Jordan Jones or Middleton in return.

Middleton is at St Johnstone.

Jones  just no and not just because he is one of them.

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

Apparently he's a Don, so very strange decision. Unless the new huns are so obsessed with us that they are the only team willing to pay way over the odds for a continuously injured player and he's willing to risk being sparked out at Perth races and/or made to cry at Soul for a few quid more per week. 

The only logical explanation as far as I can see, is that he and the rat are lovers. Covid has messed with their trysts and he figures the only way to rekindle their romance is signing for the huns. 

If he plays well in the next six months, he'll go to the Euros. He seems like a fairly intelligent lad, he's perhaps just very focused on his career and sees it as best path to something better and isn't overly fussed by the Hun element. He doesn't come across as the Hun type in the way that Jack does, he's maybe more like Ryan Fraser in that regard and is just a guy out for himself in a difficult and short career. Unless he performs exceptionally and Gerrard takes him with him post Hun, I'm not sure he won't just hit a glass ceiling at the Hun. I actually think he's better than hagi, and he'd likely link up very well with Kent, but it's very rare that a Scottish player goes to one of the scum and then progresses from there. It's a strange path and if I were his agent I'd have advised him to wait until summer when his stock could be even higher (and not to be a rabid hun fuck).

13 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

If he plays well in the next six months, he'll go to the Euros. He seems like a fairly intelligent lad, he's perhaps just very focused on his career and sees it as best path to something better and isn't overly fussed by the Hun element. He doesn't come across as the Hun type in the way that Jack does, he's maybe more like Ryan Fraser in that regard and is just a guy out for himself in a difficult and short career. Unless he performs exceptionally and Gerrard takes him with him post Hun, I'm not sure he won't just hit a glass ceiling at the Hun. I actually think he's better than hagi, and he'd likely link up very well with Kent, but it's very rare that a Scottish player goes to one of the scum and then progresses from there. It's a strange path and if I were his agent I'd have advised him to wait until summer when his stock could be even higher (and not to be a rabid hun fuck).

Wright's definitely better than Hagi. Fair play to him because I bet the huns are paying him a good wedge just because his Dad had a sweet left foot. 

Maybe Wrights decision is based on his injury record. If he went to england he'd be signing for a lower Championship team or promotion chasing L1 side on not as much money as the huns will be paying him, and he'd need a sustained run of games and form to get a move to a side paying as much as the huns will be. Maybe he thinks he won't manage that and will be quite happy getting £10k p/w (or whatever) to play every second Sunday for 60 minutes. 

I think if it had been a straight swap in the summer for McCrorie virtually no Aberdeen fans would have cared, and all the huns would have been raging. As it is he played himself in to a bit of form and because the huns are operating with huge yearly losses they are shopping for slightly better than average SPFL players for free or cheap transfers. Their fan base has also convinced themselves, in much the same way that they have convinced themselves their former club wasn't liquidated, that they're getting him for free and one over on us. 

Edited by baggy89
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I see Ojo is being linked with Wigan athletic. So long, I’d say thanks for your service, but you’ve been pish. 

Be great if we could get him off the books even better if we could get some of the fee back. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Would like to see Hoban return next season. Have a feeling it’ll very much be manager dependent though. 

9 hours ago, Jute said:

Judas bastard should be never wear a dons' shirt again.

• Haha 1