Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

47 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Worst case scenario mentioned today is that we are going to swap Wright for Stewart. I'd rather we just bought through a youth player then persist with someone we haven't been able to get the best out of on two previous occasions.

Yep, it would be bizarre. The only thing you could say is that if you are going to do something that risky, now is a good time to do it because if there were fans at the games he'd be getting a lot of stick. Also, our setup now is clearly more suited to his game than McInnes' insistence on playing him on the wing. It would be interesting to see if it would break Twitter too. The rage would be fairly special. McInnes would just get his "he feels he has unfinished business" speech out again, IT would just reinstate his account, so it would be quite an efficient signing.

Hells to the no to Stewart returning, was never sold on him the first time.....or second! If McInnes couldn't' get the best out of him twice before, why now? If Wright is going, the huns can have him, he'll be as successful as Stewart. Don't see him playing much, plus I do think he's made to be injured. I'd take Jordan Jones or Greg Doherty in return to send him now rather than for nothing, even Greg Middleton. Perhaps it's because I am so far removed from having lived in Scotland (been 26 years since I've lived there full time), but in this day and age, despite my extreme dislike for Rangers, I don't care if we sign players from Rangers (or Celtic.) 

Am I right in saying Tomas Cerny's two games both came at Easter Road which finished in 2-1 victories for us?? 

I'm certain because we were annoyed as one hasn't been able to get a ticket for my nearest away ground for a number of years now. Apparently all that travel I've done to Pittodrie over said years (eight hour round trip each and every time) and Mr Seymour still isn't able to even apply for a ticket through this awful loyalty points system club has!!  Last trip to Leith October 2017.

I've also only got to Tynecastle twice in last seven years.  Missed out on so many decent results since 2013.

23 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

Greg Stewart returning would be peak lazy DM... sackable offence

I get the impression that the club want Wright gone so they can either get a fee or not have to pay for McRorie. If that means having to take Stewart for six months they'll do it. Laziness would suggest that McInnes is getting an option too, I'm wondering if he's been told that he would get no budget for a replacement if Wright moved on and the swap deal is the only way he'll see another body in the door. A case of Stewart being better than nothing. I'd rather have nothing of course.

Do we have a fee to pay for McRorie?

From what I can find, McRorie signed a contract with The Rangers International Football Club Ltd taking him to Summer 2021? So both his and Wrights contracts finish at the same time. Thought the development fee only kicked in if the club who did the development offered a contract? We obviously did with Wright, but can't understand the huns having done it with McRorie? In which case, the negotiation is difference between wages, (possibly negligible?) plus our compensation minus pro-rata, any loan fee we paid in August. Likely means the huns are due us money, hence the bollocks about Stewart etc. 

Club are right though. Now Wright has outed himself as an Aberdeen hun, even though there are no fans in the ground for matches, his position as an Aberdeen player is untenable. Another Rat.

11 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

again i guess there is no one in u21s etc that could play there..

Ethan Ross would be the ideal one, but he's getting a lot of good game time at Raith just now, the last thing we want is him being dragged back here to sit on our bench so that McInnes can play Campbell, Ferguson and McRorie and Main and Cosgrove up front. With McLennan back soon (I think), I'd prefer we went with what we have. Thing is though, there's a long game here for McInnes. If he accepts any cuts to his wage budget now, he'll have to maintain that. If he gets Stewart (or some other Hun) in to replace Wright then it maintains that wage structure. 

3 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Do we have a fee to pay for McRorie?

From what I can find, McRorie signed a contract with The Rangers International Football Club Ltd taking him to Summer 2021? So both his and Wrights contracts finish at the same time. Thought the development fee only kicked in if the club who did the development offered a contract? We obviously did with Wright, but can't understand the huns having done it with McRorie? In which case, the negotiation is difference between wages, (possibly negligible?) plus our compensation minus pro-rata, any loan fee we paid in August. Likely means the huns are due us money, hence the bollocks about Stewart etc. 

Club are right though. Now Wright has outed himself as an Aberdeen hun, even though there are no fans in the ground for matches, his position as an Aberdeen player is untenable. Another Rat.

We've already agreed a fee with the Hun for McRorie. We will be due a development fee for Wright, if he leaves in this window we'd expect a little bit more. Maybe £500k? There's no reason for the Hun to sign him in this window though, so they have the upper hand. A pre contract would put us in a very awkward position. 

Wright has not declared himself anything, he has not signed a contract with us. The Hun thing seems to stem from them wanting him and us trying to get him out in this window to maximise return. We seem to be the ones pushing the Hun angle, probably as it suits our situation with regard to the fee already agreed for McRorie. I have a feeling that Wright would prefer to stay at AFC for the rest of the season and put himself in the window down South. 

10 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

would give him a try at least

So would I, but we know he'd return here and sit on the bench when he could be getting 90 minutes every week. Because that's the other part of the Wright situation we're forgetting. McInnes had him sitting on our bench every week for at least six months when he should have been loaned out. Despite his injuries, we showed zero faith in his ability and made a total cunt of his development. Ross is better where he is, as McInnes will change shape rather than play him and he'll be about fourth choice here.

Ross must be worth a shot, he's doing well for Raith. 

The season is a bit of a write off, now would be the perfect time to blood a good few youngsters and get this shambles of a squad sorted out for next season.

We should have learned a lesson with Ryan Jack but it seems we learned nothing from that.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Ross must be worth a shot, he's doing well for Raith. 

The season is a bit of a write off, now would be the perfect time to blood a good few youngsters and get this shambles of a squad sorted out for next season.

We should have learned a lesson with Ryan Jack but it seems we learned nothing from that.

What was the lesson regarding Jack? That he played very well for us in his remaining games, especially the cup final? 

Given the money to be made from Europe next season, I doubt the boards of Aberdeen and Hibs will see third place as a write off.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

What was the lesson regarding Jack? That he played very well for us in his remaining games, especially the cup final? 

Given the money to be made from Europe next season, I doubt the boards of Aberdeen and Hibs will see third place as a write off.

The lesson was that Sevco are going to be speaking to our out of contract players, and not to lose them for nothing, to a main rival, in future.

We learned nothing and it’s happening again. Too easy for them, like taking sweeties from a bairn.

Give Wright a Rangers strip and make him train on his own.

2 minutes ago, tup1 said:

The lesson was that Sevco are going to be speaking to our out of contract players, and not to lose them for nothing, to a main rival, in future.

We learned nothing and it’s happening again. Too easy for them, like taking sweeties from a bairn.

Give Wright a Rangers strip and make him train on his own.

I'm not sure you're really providing a cure there. The issue isn't with the twenty three year old loon, it's the adults running the club. 

That said, I don't think the Huns have acted incorrectly here, and you have provided zero evidence to suggest otherwise. Even if they had, we'd be extremely hypocritical to complain as it's an approach that we'd happily use ourselves. The notion that the Huns are predating all our players is ridiculous, they're a competitive fitba organisation, if the Huns weren't after our good players then someone else would be. I'm pretty certain you'll have been adamant that Shinnie was joining them too. It's the nature of all players in the final year of their contract.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm not sure you're really providing a cure there. The issue isn't with the twenty three year old loon, it's the adults running the club. 

That said, I don't think the Huns have acted incorrectly here, and you have provided zero evidence to suggest otherwise. Even if they had, we'd be extremely hypocritical to complain as it's an approach that we'd happily use ourselves. The notion that the Huns are predating all our players is ridiculous, they're a competitive fitba organisation, if the Huns weren't after our good players then someone else would be. I'm pretty certain you'll have been adamant that Shinnie was joining them too. It's the nature of all players in the final year of their contract.

No evidence whatsoever.

Shinnie and no doubt Kenny McLean as well

38 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Kudos to McLean and Shinnie for not joining them. 

No such kudos for Jack and Wright. Hell mend the pair of them.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

The ones running the club should be well aware of the young promising players with allegiances to the tims or either version of the huns. It's understandable that talented young players want to maximise their earning potential. It's also understandable that those who have allegiances (and little ambition) will want to play for whichever. What is not understandable or acceptable; is Aberdeen being in a position where young & talented players, older & average (in the case of the rat) or just those that cause these teams problems on the pitch, are allowed to move to these clubs ,for free or as good as. They are in the same division, ideally we'd like to be challenging them for titles and cups, they already have huge financial advantages (however dodgy). They are also more than willing to spend a couple of million on foreign players, but never, it seems, on promising young Scottish players. As a juxtaposition consider the figures young English players command, a league where the teams with money aren't solely out to maintain their monopoly at the expense of any sporting competition whatsoever. 

The club must have links to organisations or individuals who can recommend these players to 2nd or 3rd division teams in England while they have at least a year left on their contracts. Losing players to the huns or the tims for fuck all will eventually damage the relationship between the club and fans. 

4 hours ago, baggy89 said:

The ones running the club should be well aware of the young promising players with allegiances to the tims or either version of the huns. It's understandable that talented young players want to maximise their earning potential. It's also understandable that those who have allegiances (and little ambition) will want to play for whichever. What is not understandable or acceptable; is Aberdeen being in a position where young & talented players, older & average (in the case of the rat) or just those that cause these teams problems on the pitch, are allowed to move to these clubs ,for free or as good as. They are in the same division, ideally we'd like to be challenging them for titles and cups, they already have huge financial advantages (however dodgy). They are also more than willing to spend a couple of million on foreign players, but never, it seems, on promising young Scottish players. As a juxtaposition consider the figures young English players command, a league where the teams with money aren't solely out to maintain their monopoly at the expense of any sporting competition whatsoever. 

The club must have links to organisations or individuals who can recommend these players to 2nd or 3rd division teams in England while they have at least a year left on their contracts. Losing players to the huns or the tims for fuck all will eventually damage the relationship between the club and fans. 

We don't own them though. Jack was always wanting a move, as was Shinnie. Both were worth having in their final year. Ultimately you can't force a player to choose one team over another, and nor should you. In Wright's case, he's either being very badly advised or the dons are forcing the issue (I expect the latter). Six months good performance in the dons team and he has a wealth of options on a free. There simply isn't the need to choose now. Use the Hun interest to drum up interest down South where they might not have been as aware of him. Then take the time to choose your best career path. I think Jack could have easily been playing at the level McLean has reached, and there's no reason Wright couldn't if he fulfills his potential. A move to the Huns won't likely lead to a further move down South, but a move down South could see him step up to the big leagues eventually. The only thing I'm wondering is if he thinks he has a chance of a Scotland call up for the Euros. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity I suppose and we're missing that type of player with only Christie capable of doing that connection between midfield and attack. He'd certainly be in with a shout if he performs for the Hun. Overall, I don't think it's that good a move for him.