Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, wee toon red said:

If Scott Wright thinks he can do better than whatever we're offering him, fair enough. He might get more money but it won't be at as big a club or with any prospect whatsoever of European football so if it's money he's after then he can go get it and enjoy whatever level of shite he finds himself at.

European football?

Thats a red herring.

A QR3 exit to whoever... hardly worth staying for is it?

shaping up to be a depressing window going by Scott Burns piece in the Daily Rectum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wee toon red said:

If Scott Wright thinks he can do better than whatever we're offering him, fair enough. He might get more money but it won't be at as big a club or with any prospect whatsoever of European football so if it's money he's after then he can go get it and enjoy whatever level of shite he finds himself at.

Jesus, why do folk assume footballers are in some in servitude to a particular club or country? He's a lad in his twenties, who seems like he has a decent brain on him in. We're on a message board with folk posting from all over the world. Is anybody criticising manc for being in NZ or LA don for being in yanksville (pair of Judas cunts)? Human beings sometimes just want to experience new things. He's a lad in his twenties, wanting to enjoy his life. He's from Aberdeen, so he's been here all his days and maybe wants a change, whether that be down South or abroad. He's maybe got a bird who wants to move away somewhere different too before they decide to settle down and have kids or whatever. Who knows? It may not be a footballing decision, it may not be money. It might be a mistake, it might not. He's perhaps thinking he could get injured again tomorrow and should go somewhere new while he's still young. Maybe his exact thought is that of he gives somewhere else a try now then he can always come back to Scotland if he doesn't settle. There are a hundred reasons for moving and many for staying too, I find it weird that adults on a message board criticise young lads for what they do with their lives. If he "limps back across the border" then at least he gave it a try.

Obviously, if he joined the Huns he should never re-enter the city.

The onus is on the club to understand the minds of young lads. If they'd approached him before the start of the season and said that we'd give him a one year extension because we believed in his ability to have a good season, with a sell on clause or whatever, then we wouldn't have been able to complain. But we didn't. We waited to see if he was actually going to perform so that we'd have the safety net of being able to ditch him in the summer. Loyalty goes both ways, and we need to be better at understanding that.

Edit: wtr, I just quoted you for convenience, my rant was just aimed at the world in general.

Edited by RicoS321

Still a bit gutted Kari Arnason coming back didn't work for both parties.  I've had a good few chats with him on Facebook Messenger and although he's a man of very few words wish him all said best.  We've joked together about how he kept Ronaldo and Messi from scoring against Iceland at World Cup.  He found it quite funny that one couldn't stop a mediocre striker or two doing same in SPFL though. 

My point is about timing, not about what he is actually doing

Also noteworthy that no one on here and P&B actually seem overly upset at the prospect of him leaving

We've lost better than him before and will again

To explain my point about "limping back across the border" that Rico quotes, I see similarities to Pawlett in terms of the sort of gig he is likely to get down south and like Pawlett is soft as fuck and likely to struggle with the physical side of things in League 1 or lower end Championship.

Good luck to the lad however if he has got himself a better gig than that

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

My point is about timing, not about what he is actually doing

Also noteworthy that no one on here and P&B actually seem overly upset at the prospect of him leaving

We've lost better than him before and will again

To explain my point about "limping back across the border" that Rico quotes, I see similarities to Pawlett in terms of the sort of gig he is likely to get down south and like Pawlett is soft as fuck and likely to struggle with the physical side of things in League 1 or lower end Championship.

Good luck to the lad however if he has got himself a better gig than that

Yep, I agree about the timing, I was making a general comment about the fact that some folk think players have to show us complete loyalty. It's not just fans, if you look at the pathetic and unprofessional reaction Dyer has shown at killie to Brophy leaving. It's as if witnessing people leaving employment isn't a part of daily life for everyone. As I mentioned, we made the conscious decision to not give Wright an extension in the summer because we thought he wouldn't make it. I agree that he'll struggle to get much time to develop in the championship, and unless he gets a decent side then he'll get zero protection and hoofed all over the shop, I'd love to see him go abroad as I think he could be a success. I think he's a much better footballer than Pawlett. Pawlett was fast and direct but he had nowhere near the skill and awareness of Wright. Wright plays with his head up, Pawlett very much a head down and run. Get the right team and coach and he could be really good. It'll be interesting. One thing about McInnes is that he's usually pretty professional in these situations. His handling of McKenna, Jack, McLean etc was excellent and ensured that we got the best out of guys who he knew had a future elsewhere. It's too common an occurrence to start getting bitter with players like Dyer has done.

If Wright is leaving then it needs to be abroad as he is not strong enough for the English Championship or lower. More suited to Southern European style game where it isn’t as physical. Be interesting to see where he ends up. We need to move now for his replacement though so at worst the player is on the books for preseason. 

Fucking hell. No movement in wages? We've got far too much dead weight on the books to be in this position. Ojo, Main, Devlin, Hernandez, Leigh. 

We just extended Leigh's contract to the end of the season. Fuck is that about? Is that really where we should be spending limited budget? A very negative signing if the report is true.

McInnes confirms nobody coming in at today’s press conference.

“We run as we are. We have a squad who obviously have got to third in the league at the halfway stage and we want to try and improve on that in the second half of the season.

There is no manager out there who won’t want to make one or two adjustments to the squad but we are not in a position to be able to do that and we go as we are.

No players will be here in January. If anybody would move on it would maybe change things but as it stands we don’t plan on selling anyone in January and we stay as we are.”

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

I said I suspected hun involvement with Wright since the start of the season.

I suspect it's paper/agent talk. Would be fairly grating to see another Aberdeen lad in their midfield, although he's better than that hagi fucker they've got. I expect we'll see plenty of other rumours floating around towards the end of the window. If we can get one of those weird deals that went down with McLean, that'd be ideal. Maybe a swap with McRorie?

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I suspect it's paper/agent talk. Would be fairly grating to see another Aberdeen lad in their midfield, although he's better than that hagi fucker they've got. I expect we'll see plenty of other rumours floating around towards the end of the window. If we can get one of those weird deals that went down with McLean, that'd be ideal. Maybe a swap with McRorie?

Funny when I saw this I wondered if Wrights development compensation just happened to be the fee for McCorie.