Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

51 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Fucking hell. Adult wishes friend all the best in the modern way (social media like) and they're all Huns? Grow the fuck up. If the club are policing social media to that degree, then it says more about dons fans than it does Wright, Jack or any other Hun. Top staziing lads. That's Hun-level staunchness.

I noticed in one of his Scotland appearances, Considine passed to Jack. I expect to see the new manager, Neil Simpson, removing him from the club with immediate effect.

Some of these posts have got to be parodies. Surely there can't be adults who function normally in the real world who think like that?

52 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Fucking hell. Adult wishes friend all the best in the modern way (social media like) and they're all Huns? Grow the fuck up. If the club are policing social media to that degree, then it says more about dons fans than it does Wright, Jack or any other Hun. Top staziing lads. That's Hun-level staunchness.

I noticed in one of his Scotland appearances, Considine passed to Jack. I expect to see the new manager, Neil Simpson, removing him from the club with immediate effect.

Do they not have his phone number? Could they not have wished him well in person?

It's not as if he's even a prolific social media user, the post is quite clearly a hun club instigated one; 

"Absolutely over the moon to be joining such a MASSIVE club, it's such an honour"

Football is tribal and there are rivalries. I'm sure there are friendships or even familial ties within the game that transcend footballing rivalries, but these are generally private. I'm sure, in part to avoid fan dis-engagement. 

Could you imagine Roy Keane wishing Paul Ince well on his signing for Liverpool (not that Roy Keane would have ever had Instagram)? or even Carragher liking Owen's Man Utd signing photos?

Mind Neville in the tunnel with Schmeichel when he was playing for Citeh, refusing to even shake hands?

Then again those guys were/are winners, that is likely the difference. 

No one is saying don't wish you mate well, maybe just don't do it on a public platform while your mate is wearing a rival's shirt with a caption bigging up how MASSIVE said rivals are. 

57 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Do they not have his phone number? Could they not have wished him well in person?

It's not as if he's even a prolific social media user, the post is quite clearly a hun club instigated one; 

"Absolutely over the moon to be joining such a MASSIVE club, it's such an honour"

Football is tribal and there are rivalries. I'm sure there are friendships or even familial ties within the game that transcend footballing rivalries, but these are generally private. I'm sure, in part to avoid fan dis-engagement. 

Could you imagine Roy Keane wishing Paul Ince well on his signing for Liverpool (not that Roy Keane would have ever had Instagram)? or even Carragher liking Owen's Man Utd signing photos?

Mind Neville in the tunnel with Schmeichel when he was playing for Citeh, refusing to even shake hands?

Then again those guys were/are winners, that is likely the difference. 

No one is saying don't wish you mate well, maybe just don't do it on a public platform while your mate is wearing a rival's shirt with a caption bigging up how MASSIVE said rivals are. 

Again, I'm an adult. I don't indulge in the "should(n't) I like someone's post on social media" for fear of what others may/may not think. It's a road to nowhere that shit. If folk do indulge in that, then they shouldn't be on social media. It's not good for the health.

I don't remember the familial interactions of random English players in the mercenary hotbed of the greatest league in the world. But I do know it's fuck all to do with being winners and losers, and unless you're going to provide a detailed analysis of those who have liked or not liked former colleague's tweets - and those that would have liked former colleague's tweets had they not been instructed not to by their club - and number of wins, then I'll assume you're talking shite. 

Strange that neither Neville's (I have no inclination to find out which one yer on about) designation as "winner" ever carried onto their England or managerial careers. 

Edited by RicoS321

I couldn’t give a fuck what folk post, like or comment on, on social media. I certainly don’t worry about it. In this instance I didn’t mention Vyner, Monakana or Watkins as they’re not paid by our club to beat rival teams.

Maybe the english rivalry analogies were misplaced. But I don’t remember any of the Aberdeen squad at the time publicly congratulating Judas Robertson on his move? 

The point is our players are being paid to go onto a pitch and work their arses off to beat our rivals. Not be all matey on social media posts clearly prepared by a rival club. They have mobile phones for those personal messages.

I had a quick look on McCrorie’s post from when he signed. Couldn’t see a single hun player congratulating him.

You obviously disagree but I think it’s poor social media policy from our club. Even from a non football perspective, I doubt a widely recognised company would be happy if a number of their employees started liking social media posts advertising a widely recognised competitors products. 

16 hours ago, baggy89 said:

I couldn’t give a fuck what folk post, like or comment on, on social media. I certainly don’t worry about it. In this instance I didn’t mention Vyner, Monakana or Watkins as they’re not paid by our club to beat rival teams.

Maybe the english rivalry analogies were misplaced. But I don’t remember any of the Aberdeen squad at the time publicly congratulating Judas Robertson on his move? 

The point is our players are being paid to go onto a pitch and work their arses off to beat our rivals. Not be all matey on social media posts clearly prepared by a rival club. They have mobile phones for those personal messages.

I had a quick look on McCrorie’s post from when he signed. Couldn’t see a single hun player congratulating him.

You obviously disagree but I think it’s poor social media policy from our club. Even from a non football perspective, I doubt a widely recognised company would be happy if a number of their employees started liking social media posts advertising a widely recognised competitors products. 

You've basically invalidated your point by saying it's okay to congratulate them on their phones via personal message. The players  either hate Wright (and Jack) for their Judas action or not. That you can see the hate or not is largely irrelevant if it is to have any effect on the pitch, which is what you alluded to in the first post. As for the Robertson nonsense, there is absolutely zero evidence that the AFC players of the day hated Robertson, and if social media existed they'd have liked their friend's post.

17 hours ago, baggy89 said:

Wow. You think it's okay for companies to trawl their employees' personal social media accounts? That's fairly dystopian. It's probably the crux of the matter for me. These young lads are just employees of a company same as the rest of us. They're not our property, our slaves. You're actually endorsing telling human beings how to think and how to interact with their friends. Surely you must be able to see that when you exert such a level of control over a person, it can lead to a fairly unhappy existence? Liking a friend's post is a far, distant cry from a director saying that Scottish football needs a strong Rangers. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and I think your expectation is way beyond that.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

You've basically invalidated your point by saying it's okay to congratulate them on their phones via personal message. The players  either hate Wright (and Jack) for their Judas action or not. That you can see the hate or not is largely irrelevant if it is to have any effect on the pitch, which is what you alluded to in the first post. As for the Robertson nonsense, there is absolutely zero evidence that the AFC players of the day hated Robertson, and if social media existed they'd have liked their friend's post.

Wow. You think it's okay for companies to trawl their employees' personal social media accounts? That's fairly dystopian. It's probably the crux of the matter for me. These young lads are just employees of a company same as the rest of us. They're not our property, our slaves. You're actually endorsing telling human beings how to think and how to interact with their friends. Surely you must be able to see that when you exert such a level of control over a person, it can lead to a fairly unhappy existence? Liking a friend's post is a far, distant cry from a director saying that Scottish football needs a strong Rangers. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and I think your expectation is way beyond that.

My employers actually do regularly check employees social media (even had one of HR team mention they noticed I wasn’t active on social media) so it does happen. 

The club should not be telling players who they cannot speak too but at the same time maybe a wee bit of education on how to use it and present themselves might be a good idea. Nothing wrong with wishing one of their mates good luck at their new job as bench warmer at a vile bigoted evil empire but maybe have them being educated enough to keep it to a private message so as not too publicly link themselves to said evil empire. 

Yet we know some football clubs do control players social media content, i.e. tell them what to post, as it’s part of the clubs brand. His post is a prime example of that, unless he’s just immediately turned into the type of complete moron that deliberately adds Union Jacks to his social media posts. 

Liking a friends post is fine. I think the line is crossed when it’s a rival football clubs marketing pish they’re liking.

Most workplaces have a social media policy. It may be dystopian but it’s a now type of dystopia.

3 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Yet we know some football clubs do control players social media content, i.e. tell them what to post, as it’s part of the clubs brand. His post is a prime example of that, unless he’s just immediately turned into the type of complete moron that deliberately adds Union Jacks to his social media posts. 

Liking a friends post is fine. I think the line is crossed when it’s a rival football clubs marketing pish they’re liking.

Most workplaces have a social media policy. It may be dystopian but it’s a now type of dystopia.

They have a policy, but it's the extent of the policy that you're proposing that is the issue. You must not like post by Rangers players seems a bit of a stretch. Also, it wouldn't be just that. It would be: if a player moves to Motherwell, Hibs, Kilmarnock... you are free to like subsequent welcoming posts, but if that player moves to rangers (I'm guessing that Celtic wouldn't be included for some bizarre reason) then you must decipher whether the player is posting in an official, or personal capacity before liking the post.

What would be the punishment for accidentally liking a friend's post that played for the wrong club in your mind?

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

They have a policy, but it's the extent of the policy that you're proposing that is the issue. You must not like post by Rangers players seems a bit of a stretch. Also, it wouldn't be just that. It would be: if a player moves to Motherwell, Hibs, Kilmarnock... you are free to like subsequent welcoming posts, but if that player moves to rangers (I'm guessing that Celtic wouldn't be included for some bizarre reason) then you must decipher whether the player is posting in an official, or personal capacity before liking the post.

What would be the punishment for accidentally liking a friend's post that played for the wrong club in your mind?

Unsure how more clear I could have been?

My first post states “a bit of policy regarding public interaction with opposition players accounts”. I have subsequently taken some of your points on board and clarified that with “things that are clearly club marketing posts”.
No mention of only rangers players. So let me clarify further by saying competitor (i.e. playing in the same league) player accounts and/or actual competitor club accounts and certainly those that are clearly marketing posts. 
A good employer backs up good policy with good training. So “punishment” might be additional media training. I’ve had to do it with employees who have posted things that may seem normal or harmless to you or me but then “friended” customers who took offence. So training was on limiting who can see your posts, considering whether “friending” customers was a good idea and within company policy (its not).
In this instance the huns clearly requested that he post it and it clearly bothered our fans. In any industry it’s not wise to piss off you customers particularly at a point in time when fan/customer engagement is already strained. Like it or not footballers are public figures and as employees are part of that clubs brand. It’s easy to pass social media off as for kids or people reacting too it as childish, but the fact is it does bother people and the public do take note of things. The huns obviously realise the power of it and as such have someone writing posts for their players. I’m sure in this instance the person responsible knew he would have dons fans following his account that would be triggered in the same way they had Jack “announce” his signing. In turn I’m sure that increased the interactions, probably not only for his account but likely the huns official one too. I think they spend a lot of money (they likely don’t have) on social media, so the more interactions the better. Until I blocked them I’d regularly get promoted tweets on my feed.
All I’m suggesting is a bit of awareness from our club on maintaining their fan engagement within social media. Just caveating their good luck messages with “except when we play you”, or even a “look better in red”, would have diffused things and kept our fans on-side, but as said there is no reason why they needed to interact at all. Plenty of non public ways to pass on well wishes. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see if the rumours pan out this weekend. How the fuck he's let it get to this situation, god only knows. Had some bad luck on the way, but most of the problems have arisen by not going back to extreme basics and doing the simple things. Constantly dicking about with formations and players moving from one side to the other when they're in a rut, further denting the confidence. How the fuck Hornby got 90 minutes today, I don't know, he was absolutely honking. I think he's put the board in a fucking awful situation, where we'll be forced to pay out a shite load of dosh during a pandemic to get rid of a manager. He just had to put in battling performances until the summer, it wouldn't have taken much. A bit of fight in a decent, fixed, line up. Totally shite-bagged it today again. A new manager should be able to get an immediate improvement on the last few performances, where there was a glaring deficit. A shame like, he should have been a manager that left us for better things, but he's fucked it.

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Be interesting to see if the rumours pan out this weekend. How the fuck he's let it get to this situation, god only knows. Had some bad luck on the way, but most of the problems have arisen by not going back to extreme basics and doing the simple things. Constantly dicking about with formations and players moving from one side to the other when they're in a rut, further denting the confidence. How the fuck Hornby got 90 minutes today, I don't know, he was absolutely honking. I think he's put the board in a fucking awful situation, where we'll be forced to pay out a shite load of dosh during a pandemic to get rid of a manager. He just had to put in battling performances until the summer, it wouldn't have taken much. A bit of fight in a decent, fixed, line up. Totally shite-bagged it today again. A new manager should be able to get an immediate improvement on the last few performances, where there was a glaring deficit. A shame like, he should have been a manager that left us for better things, but he's fucked it.

There seems to be an assumption he’ll be sacked.

I’m not so sure.