Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

Hornby currently injured.

That said I have liked the look of Hornby in the Scotland U21 games I have been at. Good touch and movement and brings others into game. Only draw back is he didn’t look a natural goal scorer. Might work better playing beside another striker not called Curtis.

53 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Would hope there is an option to purchase if he does well. Otherwise we will need to find someone else come summer.

Edit: Just read the article. No option to buy which just means we are developing him for Stade Reims which is depressing.

No chance.

They paid £1.8m last summer & he has 3.5 years of a contract left. 

1 hour ago, DantheDon said:

Reckon Anderson will be another one of these youngsters where we just don't know how it would have worked out if he was given a chance. I think managers who have a good track record of bringing through youth do so because they know how to inspire confidence in youngsters and give them opportunities at the right time. I don't see McInnes giving him a proper run before the end of the season and being restricted to five minute cameos at the end of games must become demoralising for youngsters after a point.

He’ll end up signing for a League One team in the summer. 

2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Would hope there is an option to purchase if he does well. Otherwise we will need to find someone else come summer.

Edit: Just read the article. No option to buy which just means we are developing him for Stade Reims which is depressing.

That’s the nature of the beast tho, the football food chain. We loan our kids out for someone to develop, we take in someone further up the ladder’s. All’s fair really.