Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January 2021 Transfer Window.

If Hibs end up getting more for a Scottish player with a half decent, half a training season than we get for an English player with two excellent real seasons,

and,

we sign anyone related to Colin Hendry,

I’ll do what all the fans of rangers did and just go and support a new club.

FUCK RIGHT OFF. 

9 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Read we are in talks with a championship club for a loan deal. Louis Moult fits the profile, ex SPL player who had some success once, went south, injuries, and not much else since, but we’ll hope for former glories.

As long as the mystery man is better than that absolute donkey Edmondson.

Whoever scouted him should be asked serious questions.

The same ones should be asked if we think Calum Hendry is anywhere near good enough 

21 minutes ago, BigAl said:

So £2m suddenly becomes £400k less.

If true who in their right mind agreed to that 20% clause given he was signing on a pre contract anyway ?

He had a good post top six that season and the change in system with him up front was likely the reason we finished second ahead of the hun, so it was probably a good decision at the time.

2 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Far from impressive so far today but I’d rather we try Anderson and or McLennan up top than bring in an Edmondson type.

Hornby is definitely intriguing though. Although I have to ask, what’s with Mcinnes and his obsession with a big lump up top?

As he showed AGAIN today, Bruce Anderson is garbage. 
Don’t get why some fans still think he could be the answer.

26 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

I don't think today showed that at all, it showed that regularly giving people only five minutes in the park is unlikely to yeild a good return. Anderson has proved before now that he likely won't make it, but the answer is either not to play him at all, or give him an actual opportunity. Anderson has proven on many occasions that his finishing is excellent, its his all round play that is pish, but giving people a longer warm up than you do minutes on the park will always lead to a player lacking in confidence that will snatch at opportunities. That was an opportunity well within Anderson's abilities today.

31 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

He’s never been given a consistent run. Look at cosgrove, consistent run last year and he gets us 2 million. And many, me included, think he’s garbage.

I’m not saying Anderson is the answer, just that signing one striker isnt the answer. We need multiple players, wingers, a number 10, our creativity is minimal. Wait until summer where there’s more options and work with Anderson and McLennan, they’ll prove us all right or wrong but at least get a chance. Signing another Edmondson or Main on loan for 6 months is less inspiring than going with Anderson if you ask me.

58 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I don't think today showed that at all, it showed that regularly giving people only five minutes in the park is unlikely to yeild a good return. Anderson has proved before now that he likely won't make it, but the answer is either not to play him at all, or give him an actual opportunity. Anderson has proven on many occasions that his finishing is excellent, its his all round play that is pish, but giving people a longer warm up than you do minutes on the park will always lead to a player lacking in confidence that will snatch at opportunities. That was an opportunity well within Anderson's abilities today.

Yet he didn’t take it.

1 hour ago, RedStarTorphins said:

We’ll agree to disagree.

He’s never going to be good enough to play for us.

He’s 22 now, hardly a young lad in football terms. 

That wasn't my argument. I agreed that Anderson wasn't good enough. You said that he showed today that he was garbage whereas I think today showed a player being poorly managed by being given a five minute cameo and being hung out to dry when he missed. The point being that if McInnes doesn't believe in Anderson, he just shouldn't play him. If he thinks he might still offer something then give him 25 minutes. 

28 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

That wasn't my argument. I agreed that Anderson wasn't good enough. You said that he showed today that he was garbage whereas I think today showed a player being poorly managed by being given a five minute cameo and being hung out to dry when he missed. The point being that if McInnes doesn't believe in Anderson, he just shouldn't play him. If he thinks he might still offer something then give him 25 minutes. 

Aye. True.
It’s pretty obvious he doesn’t believe in him. 
Neither did the Ayr Utd manager apparently.

He’s only here out of utter desperation, let’s be honest. 

7 hours ago, Slim said:

A failure of a loan spell at Ayr is not necessarily a barometer of a player’s ability.

Whilst in this instance, it might be, I would agree. I saw them play twice, and both times they had a static poacher playing alongside Anderson. It was completely the wrong setup for him. His all round play in those games was fine. His next step needs to be the championship somewhere, maybe Raith. If he gets a few goals then he might turn out to be fine. Would I rather see him than Main on the pitch? Absolutely, but not for three minutes every fortnight.

Reckon Anderson will be another one of these youngsters where we just don't know how it would have worked out if he was given a chance. I think managers who have a good track record of bringing through youth do so because they know how to inspire confidence in youngsters and give them opportunities at the right time. I don't see McInnes giving him a proper run before the end of the season and being restricted to five minute cameos at the end of games must become demoralising for youngsters after a point.

Would hope there is an option to purchase if he does well. Otherwise we will need to find someone else come summer.

Edit: Just read the article. No option to buy which just means we are developing him for Stade Reims which is depressing.

Edited by DantheDon