Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hamilton - Dons

I didn't realise this was an early kick off and with being pretty busy in general I missed it. Like I said in another post I feel failing to beat Hamilton is unforgivable and should mean some of these guys getting moved on, there just stopping youngsters coming through at the moment.

Could not get stream to work so was stuck with radio. Noticed Ojo’s name was either followed by “gives the ball away” or “commits the foul”. They were laughing at Main a couple of times during commentary. Sounded like Accies identified Hedges as our only threat and shut him down in the second half and were able to bully Campbell and Ojo easily in the middle of the park. As Dan says we should not be dropping points to Accies even with the injuries we have. 

Have to agree that despite so many players out we should still have enough about us to beat Hamilton. We haven't got a right to win games, but just lacked energy tonight in my opinion.
Possibly a game like tonight should have seen us throw a couple of kids in and see how we got on as some of the starters have proven they just aren't good enough. Ojo and Main really aren't of the standard required and only block the path of youngsters.

What is the story with Hernandez? I did expect to see him get a run out tonight.

27 minutes ago, TheDeeDon said:

Have to agree that despite so many players out we should still have enough about us to beat Hamilton. We haven't got a right to win games, but just lacked energy tonight in my opinion.
Possibly a game like tonight should have seen us throw a couple of kids in and see how we got on as some of the starters have proven they just aren't good enough. Ojo and Main really aren't of the standard required and only block the path of youngsters.

What is the story with Hernandez? I did expect to see him get a run out tonight.

Hernandez is pish. Equally as pish as either Main or Ojo. It's a difficult one, these guys are here until summer and as we've seen will be required at various points of the season. Games like these we should really be able to throw them in. With Campbell in centre midfield, you probably wouldn't risk another youngster alongside. Campbell was okay tonight, I think he'll be a great player, but really needs to work on moving it forward more incisively. Always takes the easy side to side option. 

Anyway, it is eight players out though, that's fairly disruptive and we struggled to create much. Their goal came from nothing too (never a free kick, terrible decision), and looked suspiciously offside, but terrible defending. The one goal should easily have been enough.

A player like McGinn needs longer than 10-15 minutes, McInnes is very guilty of taking an age to make a sub. Edmondson isn't good enough either, anyone on the bench behind Main needs to be let go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Hernandez is pish. Equally as pish as either Main or Ojo. It's a difficult one, these guys are here until summer and as we've seen will be required at various points of the season. Games like these we should really be able to throw them in. With Campbell in centre midfield, you probably wouldn't risk another youngster alongside. Campbell was okay tonight, I think he'll be a great player, but really needs to work on moving it forward more incisively. Always takes the easy side to side option. 

Anyway, it is eight players out though, that's fairly disruptive and we struggled to create much. Their goal came from nothing too (never a free kick, terrible decision), and looked suspiciously offside, but terrible defending. The one goal should easily have been enough.

A player like McGinn needs longer than 10-15 minutes, McInnes is very guilty of taking an age to make a sub. Edmondson isn't good enough either, anyone on the bench behind Main needs to be let go.

Have we really seen enough of Hernandez to bracket him along with Main and Ojo?

I didn't believe the big fee hype when we got him, but based on what little I have seen he doesn't look too great.

I have no issue towing in another youngster in the current circumstances, but agree 100% on DM taking too long to make changes, he always has.

8 players of decent quality are undoubtedly a huge miss for us, but would still think more than enough quality on the pitch last night to win, but then Hamilton are a tenacious team and seem to get results when the pressure is on and often against us too.

I feel the pressure I put on them to win each game also impacts their performances, so have to rethink my predictions in future. :D

'Hamilton are a tenacious team and seem to get results when the pressure is on and often against us too' often wonder if this is an AFC sockpuppet account ?

Hamilton have one win in 21  ?  Lost to Annan and Stranraer, lost 8-0 , also have 3 players out. If we were playing the youngsters last night i would have sort of understood but we werent.

These are first team players many of which have played 100's of league games the second half was as bad and gutless a performance we have witnessed , its almost as if we were reverting to the dross we have seen last season or 2..

2 hours ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

'Hamilton are a tenacious team and seem to get results when the pressure is on and often against us too' often wonder if this is an AFC sockpuppet account ?

I didn't expect a great game last night, but did think we would grind out a result and when we went 1-0 up I was thinking that was that, but depsite huffing and puffing after they claimed a goal back, we never really looked at the races and certainly didn't look like scoring again.

I gave up my ST this year due to the standard of football and have openly said DM should go and cannot take us forward, but that wont be happening anytime soon as we cannot afford too, but when it comes to matchdays I will always put them down for a win, even though my head may say something different to my heart.