Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Huns 2.0 vs Dons mk1

Ouch, that was a sore one, but it was a fairly shyte team in my opinion, including a few guys playing their first football in a while. Not acceptable, but nobody would have had that as a first choice line up against anyone.

Aye Stewarty I hope you enjoyed that one today, probably still jizzing himself over that. A strong and stable Rangers.  Cunt!

Defeat not unexpected,could have done without one that margin like. Need a solid replacement for McKenna,but doesnt sound like weve got the funds according to the last club email?. 

Maybe need to focus/improve meantime on our strengths(attack) to take the pressure off defence

Edited by Elgindon

Sakes, what a result to wake up too. I didn't think we'd win, but I didn't anticipate a pumping (flukey or not). Big few weeks to try and get their shit together.

I know we had a few out, but was it down to players being shite or shite tactics? Obviously I'll ignore that they could actually have been any good.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Sakes, what a result to wake up too. I didn't think we'd win, but I didn't anticipate a pumping (flukey or not). Big few weeks to try and get their shit together.

I know we had a few out, but was it down to players being shite or shite tactics? Obviously I'll ignore that they could actually have been any good.

A few out?

NINE were unavailable. 

On 20/11/2020 at 11:22, BigAl said:

It hurts me to say this but Slippy G has got them firing on all cylinders.

Domestically they look pretty much untouchable.

Not only do I not think we'll beat them, I'd actually be surprised if we score against them on Sunday BUT I so so want to be proved wrong mate

Pretty much as I called it then which of course was before the incompetent arseholes @ Strathclyde Football Association managed to conspire to deny us an international trio of midfielders (lets not let the fact that McRorie was ineligible already get in the way). Anyone care to hazard a guess how that would have panned out if the shoe was on the Hun foot ?   

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Pretty much as I called it then which of course was before the incompetent arseholes @ Strathclyde Football Association managed to conspire to deny us an international trio of midfielders (lets not let the fact that McRorie was ineligible already get in the way). Anyone care to hazard a guess how that would have panned out if the shoe was on the Hun foot ?   

Why are they incompetent though? I've seen a lot of unsubstantiated criticism, but nobody has been able to put a finger on what they did wrong (Robinson mentioned communication, but that's it). The only thing that I'd say is that we shouldn't have to isolate for 14 days because all our players gained herd immunity whilst partying in soul bar.

The Huns have a strong squad. Them and the tims would cope with 8 players missing. So would we against half the teams in the league in fairness.

3 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Why are they incompetent though? I've seen a lot of unsubstantiated criticism, but nobody has been able to put a finger on what they did wrong (Robinson mentioned communication, but that's it). The only thing that I'd say is that we shouldn't have to isolate for 14 days because all our players gained herd immunity whilst partying in soul bar.

The Huns have a strong squad. Them and the tims would cope with 8 players missing. So would we against half the teams in the league in fairness.

apart from mccrorie who has had it twice

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I would respectively suggest that it was incompetent to insist that players from the same team are placed beside one another whilst travelling. This does nothing whatsoever to reduce the potential impact upon any one team, in this instance us. I'm being honest when I say that had it been Hun Mk 11 that were effected my thoughts on the matter would be the same.

There appears to be issues regarding the timing (if at all) of testing and then we come to the communication issues and the apparent lack of any apology or remorse for what has happened.

They have been quick to investigate clubs for potential failings. Who investigates them ? 

27 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I would respectively suggest that it was incompetent to insist that players from the same team are placed beside one another whilst travelling. This does nothing whatsoever to reduce the potential impact upon any one team, in this instance us. I'm being honest when I say that had it been Hun Mk 11 that were effected my thoughts on the matter would be the same.

There appears to be issues regarding the timing (if at all) of testing and then we come to the communication issues and the apparent lack of any apology or remorse for what has happened.

They have been quick to investigate clubs for potential failings. Who investigates them ? 

Have they investigated clubs for potential failings? I don't think they have. They've issued punishment for rule breaking, but that's an entirely different thing.

I hadn't heard about the timing of testing problem, I'd be interested to hear more. The biggest problem with communication for me is the fact that people like us have to speculate about the circumstances on the internet - it's a lack of transparency, we're left guessing and accusing. Motherwell experienced a bizarre lack of communication, but obviously that had no bearing on Campbell being allowed to play or not.

I don't think its incompetent to insist that players from the same team are placed beside one another whilst travelling, it's just a policy that has to occur at international level due to location. I'm guessing that's the single difference between a dons game and a Scotland game. There were 3 dons players in a squad of 25, where 11 had to isolate. Even those placed apart would have faced a strong chance of being infected. Given Aberdeen's infection rate compared to Glasgow and surrounding area, I'd have been more comfortable with dons players sitting together than next to another team's player, and if I'm an Aberdeen manager I'd be telling my players to stick together and avoid others because I'd be more comfortable with our procedures at AFC being robust compared to other teams (I'm not saying that they are more robust, just that McInnes would be more aware and trusting of them). What I suspect happened, is that the hun called Robbie McRorie back to Ibrox for a meeting at which he was deliberately infected with the vid in the knowledge that he'd likely be close to his brother with the u21 squad, and he in turn would infect Ferguson and Mclennan. Because they're sleekit huns.

What's your view on the overwhelming silence from the SFA ?

Do you not feel they have a duty to report matters if only to stop folk like me apparently taking a bit from here, a bit for there and speculating by filling in the gaps.

It certainly does appear that the managers of the three clubs affected are far from happy with how it has been handled and I would suspect they know more of the ins and outs than the rest of us

38 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Have they investigated clubs for potential failings? I don't think they have. They've issued punishment for rule breaking, but that's an entirely different thing.

I hadn't heard about the timing of testing problem, I'd be interested to hear more. The biggest problem with communication for me is the fact that people like us have to speculate about the circumstances on the internet - it's a lack of transparency, we're left guessing and accusing. Motherwell experienced a bizarre lack of communication, but obviously that had no bearing on Campbell being allowed to play or not.

I don't think its incompetent to insist that players from the same team are placed beside one another whilst travelling, it's just a policy that has to occur at international level due to location. I'm guessing that's the single difference between a dons game and a Scotland game. There were 3 dons players in a squad of 25, where 11 had to isolate. Even those placed apart would have faced a strong chance of being infected. Given Aberdeen's infection rate compared to Glasgow and surrounding area, I'd have been more comfortable with dons players sitting together than next to another team's player, and if I'm an Aberdeen manager I'd be telling my players to stick together and avoid others because I'd be more comfortable with our procedures at AFC being robust compared to other teams (I'm not saying that they are more robust, just that McInnes would be more aware and trusting of them). What I suspect happened, is that the hun called Robbie McRorie back to Ibrox for a meeting at which he was deliberately infected with the vid in the knowledge that he'd likely be close to his brother with the u21 squad, and he in turn would infect Ferguson and Mclennan. Because they're sleekit huns.

did you listen to Mcinnes interview ?  He did mention some (not very well articulated) about seating manifests on plane and fact we hired a 98 seat plane to restrict close contact.. not sure if insinuation was SFA didnt.. I mean its not as if the SFA are a world class organisation fit for purpose ?

25 minutes ago, BigAl said:

What's your view on the overwhelming silence from the SFA ?

Do you not feel they have a duty to report matters if only to stop folk like me apparently taking a bit from here, a bit for there and speculating by filling in the gaps.

It certainly does appear that the managers of the three clubs affected are far from happy with how it has been handled and I would suspect they know more of the ins and outs than the rest of us

Yep, absolutely, I agree entirely. Lack of transparency. To be honest, I've no real issue with the SFA making mistakes, they're in a far harder position than most clubs given the travel arrangements, but it is the lack of transparency that is the problem. Just a clear outline of events, what went wrong etc and how they're going to change things. When you said "who investigates them?" earlier, I had it in my head that you meant from a punitive perspective, but you're completely right and investigation of the facts that can be presented to the public is what's required.

AD, I just read the transcript of the interview, you're right he doesn't quite nail it down. This is where the club have to be more incisive and more forensic (a good effort by McInnes to be fair, it's not really his job). We really need a solicitor type, not to sue, just to transcribe the series of events and lay out what went wrong. The SFA aren't going to do it, and we're really, massively, let down by the journalism in this country in that regard (especially the BBC who seem to just report rather than question). Force the SFA to come out and take ownership of what could be simple little mistakes, or things that are proven to be unavoidable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, absolutely, I agree entirely. Lack of transparency. To be honest, I've no real issue with the SFA making mistakes, they're in a far harder position than most clubs given the travel arrangements, but it is the lack of transparency that is the problem. Just a clear outline of events, what went wrong etc and how they're going to change things. When you said "who investigates them?" earlier, I had it in my head that you meant from a punitive perspective, but you're completely right and investigation of the facts that can be presented to the public is what's required.

AD, I just read the transcript of the interview, you're right he doesn't quite nail it down. This is where the club have to be more incisive and more forensic (a good effort by McInnes to be fair, it's not really his job). We really need a solicitor type, not to sue, just to transcribe the series of events and lay out what went wrong. The SFA aren't going to do it, and we're really, massively, let down by the journalism in this country in that regard (especially the BBC who seem to just report rather than question). Force the SFA to come out and take ownership of what could be simple little mistakes, or things that are proven to be unavoidable.

yes agree i suspect our own compliance and governance should handle

7 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

And I’m not sure we’ll beat Hamilton on Wednesday either. 

If we can't beat Hamilton at the moment I would say some players need to be booted out. The way they have been playing recently I would like to think our second string would have enough to get the job done.

7 hours ago, DantheDon said:

If we can't beat Hamilton at the moment I would say some players need to be booted out. The way they have been playing recently I would like to think our second string would have enough to get the job done.

Should, in theory. A midfield of Ojo and Leigh is weak though and it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped points. Ideally we wouldn't be in a league where one team can lose 9 players and still be expected to beat the opposition, whether it be Aberdeen, the scum, or anyone else.