Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen FC in the past.

On 14/11/2020 at 06:17, scotfree said:

Willie Miller scores vs Celtic to win the league 1984/85

16951f18a2661ca5f0afb7bc9fa6c1cf.jpg

I have been fortunate to have seen so so many great times at Pittodrie, but you know what this game remains right up there with the best of my memories.

Sat in the South Stand that afternoon it really was a magical moment when Miller scored at the Paddock end and literally ran the length of the South Stand celebrating

Halcyon days lads. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

I still remember that to this day Al, the look on his face was something else, you could really see what it meant to him.

Aye,remember it well.Think he was also trying to gee us up a bit for the remainder of the game

First final I can remember.Too young for the '70 cup final,would have loved to catch that one.Can name all the guys in the picture below,except the guy sitting on the edge at this end,blond hair?

50613875613_aefa82f70f_b.jpg01_1976LeagueCupWinners by david henderson, on Flickr

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Aye,remember it well.Think he was also trying to gee us up a bit for the remainder of the game

First final I can remember.Too young for the '70 cup final,would have loved to catch that one.Can name all the guys in the picture below,except the guy sitting on the edge at this end,blond hair?

50613875613_aefa82f70f_b.jpg01_1976LeagueCupWinners by david henderson, on Flickr

George Campbell possibly ?

10 hours ago, Elgindon said:

A few years back the club had a replica of that shirt for sale. I sent off for one, but for some reason they sent me the 1970 cup winners shirt. That is the one with the long sleeves, which really nice looking, long sleeves are not the best for the tropics... I do wear it when it gets "cooler" here. I got in contact with the club about the mix up and they sent me the 1976 for free. I thought that was top notch of the club shop.

dons1.jpg

dons2.jpg

• Like 1

Aye. Looks like him. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know much about him. He does seem to have had an interesting past.

George Campbell had been the youngest ever player to play for Aberdeen. He came on a sixteen year old substitute against Morton in 1975 to make his First Division (current Premiership) debut. Hellas paid a record fee of $20,000 to secure the skillful, tricky youngster already dubbed "The White Pele". In five seasons at Middle Park he would score 17 goals from 104 appearances with the club reaching a best ever NSL placing to that point when Runner's-Up in 1981."

https://melbournesoccer.blogspot.com/2016/11/george-campbell-returns-to-aberdeen.html

AP4.jpg