Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs hibs

Great start. Two great finishes. Some terrible defending by them. Cosgrove exactly what we've been missing with that finish, it was like Rooney, just total confidence that he was scoring. However, he looks about 70% fit and is offering very little else. Not showing for Hoban and Considine who've both chipped several balls down the line for him and he's stopped running. Give him another 15 to gain some fitness and get Edmondson on (or Main, for a laugh). Kennedy makring Boyle with ease, and Ferguson and McRorie looking good. Considine not playing well, must be the jitters ahead of the international week and the big 500 coming up. Hedges not doing too much, but a good all round performance so far.

14 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Haven’t seen much since the 30th minute but Sam doesn’t look very fit.....understandably. Are there any u21 or reserve games for him to get match fitness? I’m thinking not due to covid?

No reserve league due to COVID.

7 minutes ago, Jute said:

2-0 final. Good hard working performance. Bit disappointed we created so little in second half. Other than Hibs penalty shout we were defensively solid. Wright and Hedges covered every blade of grass. 

I only saw the first 30 mins but in the time I saw enough of the ‘other’ side of Ash and Andy. The latter with two hurried and panicked semi failed clearances under no pressure, and Ash just all over the place including an excellent foul on McCrorie. I’m still not convinced on a back 3. Ash is shite and Andy has been a little off the boil of late.

Anyway, good win and shutout, joint second and best start in 20 years!

Edited by LA-Don

4 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Watched Hibs against Hearts last week, and 45 minutes tonight. 

Not sure how they are so high up the table with so many points. They’re terrible.

Sorry to be a complaining cunt, happy to win, but you are right. At 2-0 a DM team relaxes, sits and lets them play. Why give them the ball and let them get confidence? that’s a game we should push on and show killer instinct, score 4 or 5, and destroy them. The huns and Celtic do. Had decisions gone the other way and hibs get a penalty for example, we’re back in a competitive game that shouldn’t happen. It’s the negative DM attitude like the Celtic approach, game management against a shit hibs at home is not the same as 1-0 up at Barcelona!

7 minutes ago, tup1 said:

2-0 is a good result so I won’t complain too much.

Jack Ross admitted Hibs were crap. They were also poor when we played them at Easter Road.

Think that's partly due to our performance, I don't remember them winning a cross into our box tonight either. In an attacking sense I think we struggled with Cosgrove not being fit enough, if we had watkins available tonight he would have drawn players away from Wright leaving him with more space to run at Hibs on the counter.

Edited by DantheDon

Yes apparently Lewis never made a save tonight. So credit to our defending. We killed the game stone dead then shut up shop very well.

It was more Hibs being above us before the game. Not sure how they managed that with their average team. 

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Yes apparently Lewis never made a save tonight. So credit to our defending. We killed the game stone dead then shut up shop very well.

It was more Hibs being above us before the game. Not sure how they managed that with their average team. 

Simple answer is the rest of the league below them is even worse.