Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

County - Dons - Sun

Back to league action after our exit from euro qualifying action.  Haven't lost there since December 2016 and it's a fixture that usually provides goals (average 2.7 goals between the sides). Their form has been pretty patchy, and both teams got pumped in their last game. They are also just below us in the table and a loss could see us slip from fourth to sixth (if the Arabs actually win)

I'd like to see us return to the 3 at the back and also keep the Wright / Hedges thing going. But hopefully we never see McCrorie at RB again. Another of DM's failed experiments.  When is Kennedy due back from injury?

2-2, Hayes and Ferguson

As McInnes has said Hoban not ready to play two games a week expect him to drop to the bench. If he does hope we go to a back 4 and keep McCrorie and Ferguson together in the centre of midfield. We look so much better when they are. As much as Watkins has worked hard he simply does not look like scoring so might be tempted to give Edmundson a run as long it is does not see a return to hoofball.

oot

Working

Probably get the County PPV

Flat

2-0 Ferguson and Wright.

15 minutes ago, Jute said:

As McInnes has said Hoban not ready to play two games a week expect him to drop to the bench. If he does hope we go to a back 4 and keep McCrorie and Ferguson together in the centre of midfield. We look so much better when they are. As much as Watkins has worked hard he simply does not look like scoring so might be tempted to give Edmundson a run as long it is does not see a return to hoofball.

This is my biggest issue with him.  He does a lot of the work for the team and seems integral, but we need a scorer.  It's going to cause us problems further down the line.  McInnes always seems to revert to type when we have a tall player up top, so i'm slightly cautious about bringing Edmundson into the fold.

1 hour ago, TheDeeDon said:

Watkins has never been a striker, so was always a strange signing at the time.

He is a decent player though, just not as a striker, but after writing that I best put on a few quid he scores today.

Funnily enough I did after putting up my earlier post.

5 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

played ball mostly on deck played well

Agreed we genuinely have been a joy to watch.

Wright and Hedges are like completely new players.

A matter of a couple of months ago o doubt many of us would have cared less if they were moved on.