Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Match Thread - Sporting v Aberdeen

pretty much normal back 4 and looking at it a pretty strong line up no disgrace but again one wonders if we had started wright

SPORTING

GK ADAN 33

DF NETO  32

DF S COATES 29

DF Z FEDDAL 30

DF P PORRO 21 (SIGNED FOR 10M BY MAN CITY)

MD NUNES 22

MD WENDEL VALLE DA SILVA 23  SIGNED FOR 6.75 M

MD/LB TAVARES MENDES 18

FW T TOMAS 18

FW L VIETTO 26 BOUGHT FOR 6.75M

FW BOGES CABRAL 22

2 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

Republic of Ireland's Dundalk are at Home to KI Klaksvik from Faroe Islands for a place in Group Stage.  How can this be acceptable from an Aberdeen point of view?!?!?! 

It’s the luck of the draw, we always seem to get tough ones these last few years.

1 minute ago, tup1 said:

I thought we did OK against a decent side.

Disagree Tup

We are ten competitive games into our season.

Playing against a team playing their first competitive game of their season and we don't force their keeper into making a save.

Unacceptable in my opinion

Just now, BigAl said:

Disagree Tup

We are ten competitive games into our season.

Playing against a team playing their first competitive game of their season and we don't force their keeper into making a save.

Unacceptable in my opinion

I also disagree. It’s Sporting Lisbon who pay some players £50k a week. We need to be realistic. They are better than us.

On paper they should have buried us, but we didn't disgrace ourselves. Always had the feeling it was a training game for them, but do feel we should have changed things earlier as always a chance with one goal in it.

European games aren't for me, too much of a distraction for a limited squad and I'm not one for caring about generating extra revenues.

now we can get back to the bread and butter of league duty and get back to winning ways up at Dingwall on Sunday

4 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

doubt it WIllem II ? Israeli Mob ? Riga? All tough

No I disagree, have any of the above ever played in the Champions League? No. They are Euro dross.

We had an opponent with pedigree, and we did OK. They were hardly dominant. They are selling players for tens of millions. You need to be more realistic.

I think if we were ever going to qualify from the current setup it would take us beating one of these teams at some point and tonight seems a bit of an opportunity missed. I'm not denying they have quality though and I don't think its a disgrace or anything but I would have liked to see us having a bit more of a go. Ref didnt make it any easier for us though as limiting any physicality was always going to favour them. 

I presume it will be a bit easier to qualify from next season with the setup changing. Whether we end up in Europa league 1 or 2 it would be nice to have a European run.

Stopped watching after 30 mins so I could certainly be wrong here but everything I saw was a McInnes ‘let’s not disgrace ourselves’ performance and he’s happy to only lose 1-0. I find this stuff so incredibly frustrating and one of the reasons I despise the manager. They had 9-10 players missing, training seriously disrupted, a makeshift team, and have not played a competitive game all year. Everything suggests just have a go. Nothing to lose. Play at our pace, our tempo, make them work. But not us. We do the opposite and it was a training game for them. I don’t care who they are and how much they earn, that was an opportunity lost to me.