Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs well - Sunday 3 PM

I'd like to think the players and coaches etc will use this as a learning experience
Assuming that McKenna was set to be in the team but was pulled out about lunchtime today when Notts Forest came up with the goods the gameplan the team had worked on either completely went out the window or was dealt a significant blow and the inability of all to adapt to this is needs to be addressed. 
Yes it was one of the clubs top players but we were playing the team at the bottom of the league. How often do players injure themselves in the warm-up, and suddenly the tactics have to adapt/ change?

On the other hand this may have been another example of team spectacularly disintigrating at home like when Ross County & St Johnstone stuck 4 & 5 past them a few seasons ago.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheDeeDon said:

Back down to earth with a bump this afternoon and I blame Elgin Don for renewing his ST and jinxing us. :D

Clearly some of our second string players need shipped out as just not good enough, but easier said than done.

Take it on the chin and move on.

Happy to throw it away after that shite 

Thing with Taylor is,he hasnt been that bad since he came back. As long as he's had someone solid beside him. After that performance though,going to be hard to trust him again.

Motherwells intensity also caught us a bit off guard,and McInnes should have learned from midweek that McRorie needs to be kept in midfield,though it was maybe the thought of Ash at the back that swayed his decision to bolster defence.

Just when things were looking good......

9 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Happy to throw it away after that shite 

Thing with Taylor is,he hasnt been that bad since he came back. As long as he's had someone solid beside him. After that performance though,going to be hard to trust him again.

Motherwells intensity also caught us a bit off guard,and McInnes should have learned from midweek that McRorie needs to be kept in midfield,though it was maybe the thought of Ash at the back that swayed his decision to bolster defence.

Just when things were looking good......

If the idea was to pair McKenna and Taylor and then McKenna was pulled out McInnes should have played Hoban from the start...as you say Taylor is reasonable when someone solid is beside him but in a back 3 he's a nightmare especially when he's flanked by a non-RB and a non-LB.  Thought McCrorie had a really poor game today, right from the start his passing was wayward...he's definitely better suited to playing in midfield.

I think whilst watching on Alba that Motherwell had their tactics spot on today.

Taylor didn't have a great game, but I do think it is hard when you change players at the back and we have seen over the years it has never helped us chopping and changing things, but I would say Taylor has never looked comfortable in a back three.

I still reckon we are not that bad a team and putting it down to a bad day at the office.