Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa league qualifier - Dons vs Viking FK

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Bit gutted if the Viking game isn't on Premier as I subscribed for a month just before the runavik game and I wouldn't have bothered if it was just for one match. It says Redtv is audio only for the UK, does this mean its not on anywhere? 

From memory, don’t premier have history of announcing some games short notice? Have a feeling that probably won’t be the case this time around , which means alternate means will need to be sought. 

30 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Bit gutted if the Viking game isn't on Premier as I subscribed for a month just before the runavik game and I wouldn't have bothered if it was just for one match. It says Redtv is audio only for the UK, does this mean its not on anywhere? 

It'll be available on Red TV international I'm guessing, but not sure. Doubt Premier sports would pick it up. Likely be a stream somewhere on the day though, as I expect Viking tv will have it in some fashion.

53 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Club have confirmed there will be a PPV offering for the game.

Ach well,bought a ST today thinking I'd get the game on Red TV.hopefully find a stream though. Wouldnt have bought it if performances had continued like the first game of the season,...and let them know that at the ticket office.. Season of silky football beckons...

Looks like Viking are down to their third choice keeper for this one https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/viking-fk-hit-by-keeper-injury-crisis-ahead-of-euro-clash-with-aberdeen/?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR20WAsPF8zgCyLfFUG006jNX24m62brLcivNlWXqZxMZo1RSk6nOcJAivU

8 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Or is it the recent history of the Dons bottling it?

Have we ever bottled it in Europe under McInnes? I can't think of a single one where the opponent wouldn't have been strong favourite before the game. Even Rijeka would have been favourites against us, similarly appollon. Both could be comfortably described as better teams before we played them. If anything, we've probably won more games where we weren't favourite. I'd put Viking in the same boat (pun intended) as thon Macedonian team we beat the other year, maybe about lower SPFL level. I'm surprised they're favourites, as I'd probably guage it like a Livingston away game, where we'd be favourite, but with a good chance of losing. A lot of that might be based on my ignorance of the Norwegian game of course.

Maribor will always be 'bottling it' to me. They were nothing special that season and were knocked out in the next round by a team from Azerbajin

Yes there was the blow of the referee awarding a penalty rather than letting McGinn's goal stand but Rooney then misses and then the disasterous OG in the last minute to rub salt into the wound.