Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hibs vs Dons

2 minutes ago, tup1 said:

We play football on the ground with Watkins in the team. He’s a great player.

We should sell Cosgrove and buy Watkins.

He's not as good as Cosgrove, on the ground or in the air. We can choose to play on the ground with Cosgrove in the team. But it's not really about being on the ground or in the air for either really, it's about getting the ball to them quickly.

I'd happily have Watkins of course, he's a good player, but he's nae scoring 20 goals a season.

3 minutes ago, tup1 said:

He is much more mobile than Cosgrove. Maybe won’t score as many goals as you say but the team behind him plays better with this mobility in front of them.

Works a bit harder too.

Nae Cosgroves fault that they kept punting it up to him.Dont think he enjoys that type of football either.Up to Mcinnes to train that out of them after what we saw were capable of today.

Edited by Elgindon

3 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Nae Cosgroves fault that they kept punting it up to him.Dont think he enjoys that type of football either.Up to Mcinnes to train that out of them after what we saw were capable of today.

Cosgrove is very flat footed. Which is maybe why we hoof it up to him all the time.

We are not missing him now put it that way.

Agree with tup here. Watkins is a worker, big Sam is a lazy fucker much of the time. I’d argue it’s his movement that creates the spaces for wright hedges and co. It’s partly poor coaching that we see so much hoof ball when Sam is in there, and now take him out and we almost immediately stop with the endless lump it up the field. There’s been more and more positives with every game we’ve played this season, positives from Watkins Kennedy Hayes Wright Ferguson and hedges, all in attacking positions. I don’t want main on the park at all and I see adding Cosgrove as a backwards move. We’re making progress right now by the looks of things, hope this momentum continues. 

Edited by LA-Don

Not quite sure where folk are seeing how Sam fits into the team other than hoofing the ball up to him. Have occasionally seen him make good touches, but far too often his first touch is woeful, but just my opinion.

Another good three points, but I think Hibs are fairly shit and were for the taking today.

It might be to early to say this, but I think we have a very good player in McRorie, he seems to have fitted in to the team effortlessly.

I think we were poorer in the second half as game management took over and DM was happy to see out a 1-0, but it was a fairly comfortable one and feel we didn't need to do that as would have loved us to have made a real statement on the park today, by turning them over by a few and were more than capable of doing so.

Right now we aren't missing Cosgrove at all. Pleasantly surprised at just how good Watkins has been and the football we are playing is much more pleasing to the eye as a direct consequence. 

Well deserved victory today. Put Hibs in their place. McCrorie was absolutely immense and will no doubt be in the next Scotland squad if he performs to that standard throughout September.  Hoban and McKenna also excellent but every single player in our side contributed well, nobody worse than 7/10. Fortnight off now to work on some stuff in training. Genuinely excited about this squad...it is without doubt the best we have had since Miller's second season as boss (W not A)

50 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

I think we could also factor in the 6 additional years experience Watkins has. 
Cosgrove still has at least 2 more years of 'development' which may include 'work ethic'

Cosgrove had great work ethic at the start of last season. He had clearly worked on it from the previous season and was covering much more ground, taking the ball in the channels etc. Scored some great goals too, showing his touch is good. He seemed to take a huge dip when we moved to the new training ground. Whether he took on too much in training, or he got tired being part of a team that were getting worse by the week and hiding behind his goals and punting it to him. I think his own sulky attitude brought him down quicker, but that can be worked on and not unusual in a young player. With the right management he can go on to have a significantly better career than Watkins. I'd be very annoyed if we don't take advantage of that by offering him a much better team and style to play in.

• Like 1

Very pleased to wake up to another positive result ? really hoping that we finally see some positivity from the manager and faith in the players he has. Seems like he may now feel he has the players to play the way he wants? 

Wtf was the hibbie thinking when he gave our own away? Fuck me, calamitous ? Ferguson was lucky though, was pretty central but who cares, it went in and we got 3 points, that’s all that matters . 

Agree with I think it was LA who said since the covid farce, we appear to have united and been playing better. Long may it continue. 

Jute, did your flag make an appearance on TV? 

5 hours ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Perhaps a few screenshots of your meltdown will let your new friends see who you truly are behind the facade. the toxic aggression that exists within you, brother. The traffic is off the scale here now, the proper gents watching Tup trying to be the nice guy and the naive here falling for it.

Can we please see all this shite GET TO FUCK off this site.

Seriously, these knobjockys are ruining threads, left, right and center.

I’m sure I’m not the only one on here cringing that more of this crap is going to appear on EVERY FUCKING THREAD, and will drive me away!

Aside from that, great win and COYR

Edited by Madbadteacher

43 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

Can we please see all this shite GET TO FUCK off this site.

Seriously, these knobjockys are ruining threads, left, right and center.

I’m sure I’m not the only one on here cringing that more of this crap is going to appear on EVERY FUCKING THREAD, and will drive me away!

Aside from that, great win and COYR

He's been given a weeks "holiday" from the site. The same with rocket. Poirot has been banned full stop. This site will NOT turn into the Hat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Donofanewera said:

Hopefully we will continue with the more attacking formations and intent. Does anyone know how much we paid for Hernandez ?

Don’t think it was ever confirmed. Vaguely remember one of the reports at the time we signed him say it was a significant 6 figure fee. 

8 hours ago, manc_don said:

Very pleased to wake up to another positive result ? really hoping that we finally see some positivity from the manager and faith in the players he has. Seems like he may now feel he has the players to play the way he wants? 

Wtf was the hibbie thinking when he gave our own away? Fuck me, calamitous ? Ferguson was lucky though, was pretty central but who cares, it went in and we got 3 points, that’s all that matters . 

Agree with I think it was LA who said since the covid farce, we appear to have united and been playing better. Long may it continue. 

Jute, did your flag make an appearance on TV? 

No they must have changed camera positions. Last game at Easter Road they showed the flat balcony a half dozen times. Not once this time. 

1 hour ago, Donofanewera said:

Hopefully we will continue with the more attacking formations and intent. Does anyone know how much we paid for Hernandez ?

I think it was one of those "could go up to..." fees with add-ons etc. From memory, it was £400K going up to £700K. 

I'm all for McInnes having less power over transfers, but if that's the alternative the club needs to sort itself out. 

• Like 1