Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs vs Dons

Been said before, despite the goals,  we’re a better team without Cosgrove. Less long ball shite (although it is still there), and you can see we have creative talent with the ball at our feet.  Yet again McCrorie impresses, third different position he’s played so far I think, plus I do like Watkins, his mobility causes problems and drags out defenders. Hope he gets a goal second half, all that he’s missing.

Solid win, second half I thought the shape was better and hibs didn’t cause as much trouble. McCrorie was excellent again but I do want to mention tommie Hoban, another very good game. We’ve got defensive options which is very positive, but the lack of time from Hernandez is a little worrying since we spent a fair amount of money there. I’ll also get criticism for this, but despite his passion, effort, and love for the club, big Andy is definitely our weak link at the back.

1 minute ago, tup1 said:

Lewis hardly touched the ball today.

Brilliant performance from Aberdeen.

I wouldn’t say brilliant, I’d say professional. It’s very early days yet but we look a much better attacking team, good chemistry between Wright and Hedges, and Watkins puts in a shift. We play the ball more on the deck and create more. 

Just now, royal deeside cowie said:

Maybe once you pay your dues you can start thinking about betting again. Don't get too carried away on here trying to make friends. You have a chequered history, brother. 

No idea what you are on about (and really don't care) but just start up another thread and leave this one for Dons fans who want to talk about the game.

2 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I wouldn’t say brilliant, I’d say professional. It’s very early days yet but we look a much better attacking team, good chemistry between Wright and Hedges, and Watkins puts in a shift. We play the ball more on the deck and create more. 

Yes, we were as good as we needed to be.  Hopefully Sam takes a long time to recover because we look much better playing football instead of hoofball.

25 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Yes, we were as good as we needed to be.  Hopefully Sam takes a long time to recover because we look much better playing football instead of hoofball.

Think Sam and Watkins could also work with the style they played today,if they learn to cut out the hoofs from the back. Its whether they revert to that easy option.... 

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

I disagree, we're perfectly capable of playing the ball on the deck when Cosgrove is playing, the important thing is movement in and around him. Our problems last season stemmed from McInnes flooding the midfield with exactly the same player and chopping and changing the wingers every six minutes. If Cosgrove had the movement around him today at times last season, he'd have been a far better player (we did have that at times early in the season). Cosgrove has a good touch and lay off and is excellent when you get the ball to him early. Better than Watkins and Main, definitely. It's when you lazily pack the midfield and hopefully punt it to his coupon that he struggles. Wright didn't do that much on the ball today, but his movement was terrific and obviously Hedges too. Cosgrove scored twenty goals before Christmas last season, and there's absolutely nothing about his game that means we have to sacrifice the way we played today. We can - and should have - both the great movement, quick play and the twenty goal per season striker. McInnes just needs to get that. Other teams can see it in Cosgrove, that's why he has a price tag that Watkins and Main together could only dream of. Obviously, my comment comes with the huge caveat of McInnes getting that!

33 minutes ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Maybe once you pay your dues you can start thinking about betting again. Don't get too carried away on here trying to make friends. You have a chequered history, brother. 

Aye, mods, I think you missed one when you were handing oot the cairds. This one's got nothing to add to life.

• Thanks 2