Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hibs vs Dons

I think we have played much better since the Covid 8 nonsense, better than at any point last season.

So it may be a blessing in disguise. 

I also think the extra preparation from missing a couple of games helped us.

The huns and Celtic are there for the taking this season.

Definitely agree Boyle is their dangerman and we actually have a fair few options to counter. We’ve got either a back 3 or 4, and in Logan, Hernandez, Taylor, Considine, McKenna, McCrorie, Hoban, and Hayes, we’ve got real variety. I’d be inclined to go with McCrorie-Hoban-McKenna-Hayes which shouldn’t get beaten for pace, although I don’t see DM not playing Considine. 

lewis

mccrorie-Hoban-McKenna-hayes

ferguson-McGeough

mcginn-Wright-hedges

wadkins

2-1 us, Watkins and Wright 

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Fuck you. The mutant offered to bet on the game. Tup said no and gave an interesting reason for it. I flagged up an interruption to go off topic to ask him, he explained, I understood and acknowledged. There was no bickering so don't be so fucking precious. If you could read properly you would see that the constant interruptions of the mutant polluted the thread, not us. We were obliged to combat his shit, because no other cunt gives a fuck enough to curb their poison. 

Precious ????. Aye rocket, I'm the precious one, don't let anyone tell you any different.... Though you strike me as the kind of person that can't be told anything so I suppose that's unnecessary advice. Putting up a sign saying you're going off topic doesn't make it invisible to everyone who just wants to talk about the game. I don't think anyone who posts on here regularly could possibly blame me for being bored of your proselytising.  

Fuck me. Was expecting some decent pre match chat in the thread. Enough of the AFC Chat shite already.

I suspect Jute might be right re: DM will revert. He's always cautious and will be concerned about Doyle and thus it'll be a tight game. I know some hibbies always complain that we ruin "their" game when we play them. Hard to disagree that most of the recent matches have been a shite watch. 

1-1, Consi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

Fuck me. Was expecting some decent pre match chat in the thread. Enough of the AFC Chat shite already.

I suspect Jute might be right re: DM will revert. He's always cautious and will be concerned about Doyle and thus it'll be a tight game. I know some hibbies always complain that we ruin "their" game when we play them. Hard to disagree that most of the recent matches have been a shite watch. 

1-1, Consi

Hibs will have cheek claiming that this season. From what I have seen of them they have been a similar style to us. Disagree with Tup on Jack Ross’ Sunderland side being defensive though. Saw them a few times under him and they were very attacking. Possibly overly so. 

Oh and who the fuck is Doyle?

29 minutes ago, Jute said:

Hibs will have cheek claiming that this season. From what I have seen of them they have been a similar style to us. Disagree with Tup on Jack Ross’ Sunderland side being defensive though. Saw them a few times under him and they were very attacking. Possibly overly so. 

Well they struggled to break down St Johnstone. Then again so did we.

9 hours ago, Jute said:

Doyle was the guy who also burns alongside Tommy

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Here’s hoping he is the one that has had the positive COVID test. Infecting both Hibs and Tribute Act squads.

He's the one player it couldn't be. Hibs had to cancel training on Friday because of the positive test result. Test was likely done on Thursday therefore. Murphy didn't join until yesterday.

Apparently whoever it was has been re-tested by an official NHS test and he's negative (ie an initial false positive on the Hibs internal testing kit)

That's one hell of an attacking side to start the match with. Honestly thought Kennedy would have started on the bench with one of McGeouch or Ojo partnering McCrorie in defensive midfield. Wonder if Cormack really has given McInnes a rocket up the arse and told him to make us more entertaining. 

We should definitely score with that line up anyway

McGeouch dropped? Controversial. If it's three at the back, it'll be interesting to see if it's McRorie or Hoban in front. I'm assuming McRorie. I can't imagine having that attacking midfield, but with confirmation that it's gogic out, perhaps he thinks he can afford a midfield of Hedges, Wright, Ferguson*?

*I mean if it's a four in defence (which I don't think it is)

Edited by RicoS321