Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Holidays 2020

BigAl

Strangely zero motivation to get on a plane just now, something I've been doing more than a dozen times p.a. on average in recent years. It's not even the scare of catching Covid, or the fear of having to quarantine on return. I just don't feel like it. Quite bizarre.

When - or if - something resembling normalcy returns, Japan and Vietnam will probably be our first venture although a week in the sun does sound appealing, Greece maybe rather than Spain.

Is anyone able to explain to me the logic behind the allocation of codes on a PLF ?

It seems if your code starts with a certain number you are tested upon arrival, but having just completed one of these for going to Greece, I haven't got a clue as to what information I had to supply decides what code I get.

Is it just completely randomly generated ?

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Strangely zero motivation to get on a plane just now, something I've been doing more than a dozen times p.a. on average in recent years. It's not even the scare of catching Covid, or the fear of having to quarantine on return. I just don't feel like it. Quite bizarre.

When - or if - something resembling normalcy returns, Japan and Vietnam will probably be our first venture although a week in the sun does sound appealing, Greece maybe rather than Spain.

Algarve for golf ?

9 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Algarve for golf ?

Aye Portugal usually great for weather. Vila Sol my fav down there but La Troia - affectionately known as Troia the Destroyer - is the best course I've been to in that country, a proper championship track. Was there in February. Won a grand on Caribbean poker (stupid game, no skill) one night, lost it all the next. Easy come, easy go, hrmph.

Where you going in Greece Al?

We hadn't been for 30+ years but went to Corfu a couple of years ago, the NW corner. A bit run down there compared to my impressions of the island 40 years ago but I like Greece and promised myself we would go back. Hired a car and did the top half of the island, Paleokastritsa (or summat like that) being stunning. I showed my wife the rocks just outside Kassiopi where I got my rocks off with my then girlfriend. 

Edited by rocket_scientist

Nothing planned for abroad this year. Our annual fishing trip up the N/W was cancelled in May but weve booked it in for late Sept.A few long weekends for bagging the remaining 70 odd Munros,and a couple of trips to a cottage we rent on the Isle of Lismore.Thats it this year

Edited by Elgindon

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Where you going in Greece Al?

We hadn't been for 30+ years but went to Corfu a couple of years ago, the NW corner. A bit run down there compared to my impressions of the island 40 years ago but I like Greece and promised myself we would go back. Hired a car and did the top half of the island, Paleokastritsa (or summat like that) being stunning. I showed my wife the rocks just outside Kassiopi where I got my rocks off with my then girlfriend. 

We are regular visitors to the Greek islands.

Have done seven of them now, but we keep getting drawn back to Corfu.

We go to a little place in the N.W about ten km from Sidari, but couldn't be more different to Sidari if you tried.

Beautiful little two street village with stunning beach offering views across the water to Albania and great tavernas and restaurants.

This will be our sixth time of going to this village so have many locals that are now friends.

Greek cuisine is amongst my favourites in the world.

1 hour ago, Donofanewera said:

We had Florida in October Al but have had to cancel, thinking of going away in feb to get some sun. Think going anywhere is just too risky at the moment from the quarantine perspective 

Nae luck min.

Quarantine isn't really a big worry for us.

I work for myself and from home 90% of the time. My missus has loads of holidays due to her and has already spoken to her employer so effectively could be off the whole of September with no real issue.

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Aye, San Stefanos or Agios Stefanos as the Greeks call it.

You familiar with it presumably ?

Only briefly when touring about in the hired car. One of our fav stops. The whole coast from Paleokastro to just south west of Sidari was the best part of the island for us, Agios Stefanos being beautiful ??

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Al, Do you know Drasti, just north of you? That was a spectacular vista and well worth a visit. Stunning. 

Yeah we're aware of it but for some bizarre reason we've never actually gone to it. Normally hire a car for a few days so going to put that onto the list to do this time around.

It's the wife and my 25th wedding anniversary next month. Just to get away for a few days we are taking a wee trip north of here, a place called Cape Hillsborough. It's only 45 mins away from where I live, but it's a spectacular place. We've booked one of the beach cabins for 4 days. On sunrise you can go and feed the roo's out on the beach and there are a few nice trails around. It's a national park so it's very quiet. 

hut-12-1.copy_.thumb.jpg.f05d84e3859e705713dbdb0bef9c6dc3.jpg

2020-mky-capehillsboroughnaturetouristpark-kangaroos-@cape-hillsborough-nature-tourist-park.jpeg.7d19bcf0a9e4023a69a94808b1d72651.jpeg

b88830967z1_20170627092708_000godm83122-0-4o9emncni26w1araho2_ct1880x930.thumb.jpg.4c607f02cffabeacc8c8782869255fa9.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotfree said:

It's the wife and my 25th wedding anniversary next month. Just to get away for a few days we are taking a wee trip north of here, a place called Cape Hillsborough. It's only 45 mins away from where I live, but it's a spectacular place. We've booked one of the beach cabins for 4 days. On sunrise you can go and feed the roo's out on the beach and there are a few nice trails around. It's a national park so it's very quiet. 

hut-12-1.copy_.thumb.jpg.f05d84e3859e705713dbdb0bef9c6dc3.jpg

2020-mky-capehillsboroughnaturetouristpark-kangaroos-@cape-hillsborough-nature-tourist-park.jpeg.7d19bcf0a9e4023a69a94808b1d72651.jpeg

b88830967z1_20170627092708_000godm83122-0-4o9emncni26w1araho2_ct1880x930.thumb.jpg.4c607f02cffabeacc8c8782869255fa9.jpg

Well jealous.

That just looks idyllic.

16 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Well jealous.

That just looks idyllic.

Aye, cabins where your neighbours and you can hear each other having sex, beasties which can kill you and a sun in the sky that is too hot and gives you cancer.

I loved the experience of three years in Australia but I detest the place. Only reason we left the "idyllic" country was that I couldn't tolerate having Australians for children (two were born there).

Ach min I've been misinterpreted my whole life. So much so that I don't even bother trying to "fit in". The message is more important than the messenger. There may be truth in what I say, occasionally. My moods never change. Intolerance and love co-exist within me always. Only the stupid and the weak are "angry" or "happy". Being both at the same time can work you know, although that's just for illustration, anger is another destructive power. Not being prepared to tolerate injustice is better, then getting off our arses and doing something about it.