Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Europa league qualifier - dons vs NSI Runavik

If we are going with the usual 1 up top then I think he'll stick with Watkins. Main wasn't meant to be on the bench on Sunday, only got there through Bryson breaking down in the warm up.

However if ever there was a game in which to play 2 strikers together, then this is surely it. 

I'll predict 4-0. But might take us till the second half to score the first, after which they'll have to open up and the rest will follow.

P45 to be on Mcinnes' desk by 9am tomorrow if he somehow manages to fuck this one up.

It would be easy to say that any win is all that matters but third game in eight days, so we really should be starting to get up to speed by now.

Call me an eternal optimist but think we' will win fairly comfortably tonight, particularly if we score early and they have to come out at us.

Victory by four or five clear goals before returning to type against Hibs on Sunday.

Spoilt for choice on whether to watch it on Red TV International or Premier Sports. It might simply come down to who is co-commentating on both of these options ?  

48 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Surely we have to play two up top for this one?

I have to admit, I wouldn't like to see us do this. Not because I don't think it would be good, but that it would be pointless. Unless it's building towards doing it regularly in the league, it just doesn't seem beneficial. McInnes did play Main and Anderson a couple of times in games last season, but it probably wouldn't have been described as a front 2 in any way and it wasn't regular enough to form any sort of understanding. I'd probably just find it more frustrating if we opted for two in this match and then never saw it again, except in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup or whatever.

Like Al, I think we'll win this one no bother. Unlike previous seasons, it's not our first competitive match and we showed signs of improvement against Livi. McInnes has very few (none?) glaring fuck ups (like an East Fife, or QOTS or whatever) on his dons CV, and I don't expect this to be one.

I think he'll drop Wright, and play Main just ahead of Watkins. Considine back in and Hayes and Hedges/Kennedy (hopefully Hedges, as Kennedy has been pap so far this season) on the wings. Logan to continue ahead of Hernandez and probably Hobban back in for McKenna.

You know I'm in a real funny place right now when it comes to my football and how important it is especially with not being able to attend a match like tonight.  Last Friday I learned of the death of a girl we used to be a neighbour of for 15 years til 2014 before she moved away to be with a bloke.  I'd grown up from being a 19 year old boy into a 34 year old man alongside one and was even in a sexual relationship with her for nearly eight years between 2005 and 2013.  I've not got confirmation of cause of death but utterly GUTTED!!  Wasn't Covid-19 though.  Only 49 years old too.  She still worked in same town after leaving block but changed address to another part of Scottish Borders yet never really acknowledged us ever again when seeing each other in Market Square or at local Co-op which hurt so much.  Lost only other lady to love me back in April albeit we hadn't spoken for about 18 years til December 2019.  She died in her sleep aged just 38 years old.  Could do with the team really stepping up next few months and putting a smile back on my face as I'm bloody struggling to make sense of these last four months.  Sorry for going off majorly off topic here.       

• Sad 1

On 24/08/2020 at 20:48, hercule poirot said:

Looking forward to it and have 43£ in my PP account which will all be going on a home win.

This is why bookies never lose. There are so many clueless fucks around. Successful betting is about finding value, not about what we think is going to happen. Anyone backing an event at this short odds, particularly when the opposition is unknown and the home team has form for shit performances, won't make a profit over time.

1/4 might be proper value but half that is a nonsense risk for a tiny return. 

On 25/08/2020 at 13:16, tup1 said:

?

Morton have been involved more than once, did they not have 4 players put £5k each on Airdrie to win the league in about 2004, when they were miles clear at the top?

One of whom was Alex Williams, who later served time in jail for drug dealing.

At the risk of taking this thread too far off topic, this was found out to be nonsense. At the time of Morton's 'slump' Airdrie were 4th in the league. Hamilton were catching the leaders, not Airdrie. It was a mixture of Cowboy Cormack being incompetent as a manger, Alex Williams being a street urchin drunkard and their defence shipping goals right left and centre.

45 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

Only betting on certainties is beating the bookies. Paddy Power give a running total of money deposited versus money withdrawn. 

Currently I have paid in £1,440 and have withdrawn £2,300. 

There's a right noisy cunt at the back. Shut him up would you? Put up a screenshot to save him from calling you a liar, incessantly and getting on my tits. So cynical people these days.