Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Livi

Considine’s comments after the substitution of Wright were interesting. Players obviously don’t agree with tactics. 2nd goal showed what we are capable if players allowed to play. Substitutions/game management made last 20 harder than they needed to be.

• Like 1

Good three points today and glad to see Wright get a goal, as have always liked him, but has never really happened for him so far, but I do think he is a good footballer.

Looking at our bench we have a silly number of midfield players and would hope to see a couple moved on with Campbell out on loan for a season and give him much needed game time.  Good to see McRorie doing well in his first two games for us, long may it continue.

52 minutes ago, Jute said:

Considine’s comments after the substitution of Wright were interesting. Players obviously don’t agree with tactics. 2nd goal showed what we are capable if players allowed to play. Substitutions/game management made last 20 harder than they needed to be.

Yep, he wasn't impressed. He's a dandy, and he'll be very aware of what the fans think too.

Wright the new pawlett. Got some fantastic attributes, and as soon as he gets into the game, his confidence is given a dent by taking him off. Meanwhile Kennedy trips over the ball, runs to nowhere and gives the ball away on numerous occasions but lasts beyond the 80th minute. The give and go with hedges was just top quality. That needed to be built on. He should have hauled Wright across and screamed some encouragement right in his coupon, got him properly determined. I think it'll be a failure of AFC - not just McInnes - not to get a player out of Wright.

Anyway, good result, and some real positives. Logan's challenge in the first half was top drawer, he had a good game. Hayes, McRorie and Ferguson quality too.

Agree Wright shouldn't have been taken off - but really all depends on what happens Thursday. If he starts, fair enough, but you never know with McInnes - he could be on the bench for both that and Hibs.

Thought Logan played well. Hayes too, though imagine Considine will start left-back on Thursday. If so, move Hayes further forward and drop Kennedy. 

With each game we're getting closer to crafting a strongest XI, just in time for a huge week - Hibs away on Sunday also a big one.

1 hour ago, DantheDon said:

Anyone have a link to Considine's comments?

He just reacted to the sub being made. Said we should be trying to make it 3 or 4. Just sounded really frustrated. Basically reacted in the way most fans would have. Interesting to see that the players feel it too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Anyone have a link to Considine's comments?

Para-phrasing here, but it was basically that it was harsh on Scott Wright, that we should be going for three or four, and that we already had two holding midfielders on the park.

His co-comms was actually really good all game. Really good tactical insight, was happy to criticise the team when it was needed but again in an informed way, while also having the insight from the training ground (revealed Main has "broken down a few times during pre-season", that Wright has been flying for weeks in training, etc).

• Like 1

^ Yes it was good co-commentary. Particularly when he's a player and he's as critical as any supporter. 

For example: getting irritated when we're constantly looking for openings down the right hand side with no progress being made, while Hayes and Kennedy are twiddling their thumbs on the left flank. Then getting all smug in a 'told you so' fashion when a good chance comes from a Kennedy cross in from the left.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

He suggested the Livvy goal would not have been scored if he'd been on the park.

And he is probably correct. Kennedy shiting out of challenges TWICE in the space of about 3 seconds then Taylor attempting to clear the resultant cross with his right foot rather than his left were what caused it.

FWIW, I had no problems with Wright being substituted. His first half performance was nothing short of atrocious, continually losing control of the ball, once when we were in a rare threatening position. The goal was undoubtedly sublime but it was the only thing all game that came off for Wright. And it's not like DM took him off and went 5 at the back...he was replaced by a midfielder and we continued to attack. As Ive said...the Livi goal came through fuck ups by 2 of our players, nothing to do with being defensive.

Watkins was surprisingly effective. Too early to make a definitive judgement of course but some positive signs. Although the more I see it, the more I am amazed that he contrived not to score from the point-blank header.

Much improved second half performance, 3 points was vital especially with Hibs luckily sneaking a last minute winner. Confident we won't lose at Easter Road on Sunday.

Edited by Ten Caat

Kennedy and Hayes defended like two wingers would when asked to play/cover left back. Can't blame them too much as they are not defenders.

What Considine failed to mention is that we were not playing from keeper to left back and then blasting it up the touchline aimlessly as we would have been doing if he'd been playing.

45 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

FWIW, I had no problems with Wright being substituted. His first half performance was nothing short of atrocious, continually losing control of the ball, once when we were in a rare threatening position. The goal was undoubtedly sublime but it was the only thing all game that came off for Wright.

Watkins was surprisingly effective. Too early to make a definitive judgement of course but some positive signs. Although the more I see it, the more I am amazed that he contrived not to score from the point-blank header.

You have for years said that Wright isn't good enough so whatever he does, you're not going to want him to disprove your long-held views.

I wasn't "amazed" his header didn't go in. He needed to adjust his run to go sideways to get on the end of it as it flew immediately over the head of the defender In front of him. He did well to make a solid contact and to get it goalwards and he did what he was supposed to do, head it down to increase the on-target objective. It was just a tremendous reaction save, not striker contrivance. He did everything right. 

10 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Neither 

So, you have denied those two options, probably the most obvious ones.

In fact, it WAS the latter, whether by reason of the former or not.

You're ITK but you're not going to tell us?

Do we need to beg you for your information?

Will this make you feel important?

For the record, I don't give a fuck.

Edited by rocket_scientist