Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Phobia

scotfree

Do you have a phobia?

I fucking hate snakes. I've been here 25 years and will never lose that fear I have for them.

Last week I heard a bunch of birds going off outside. I went out for a look and saw a large Carpet Snake on my roof.

The birds were swooping at the snake, which was rightfully trying to get away from them.

Only thing was that the fucking thing got into my roof... I've not seen it since then, but everytime I go outside I look like I'm having a fit as I try to get as far away as I can from any hiding places.

Last year I had another Carpet Snake in my garage... It took me weeks to go out the back garden.

1215.JPG

1214.JPG

1209.JPG

I had to look up the definition of phobia. I don't have any "fear" of anything, irrational, extreme or otherwise but sometimes the definition includes "aversion" and I'm definitely averse to "situations" rather than things, people-induced situations.

When bullshit is being spouted, mostly on the telly by politicians or by commentators on Sky, I want them exterminated from the planet and wish I was in possession of the same magic wand that Brian Clough talked about. On reflection I think it's intolerance rather than aversion but people are my only gripe. I don't like humans. And I love humans. I'm a mixed up type of cunt really. 

Nice pics scotfree. You should have fed it some carrots and made it yer pet. They're a squeezer rather than a poisoner aren't they? I'd probably crap it if I saw one in the wild like, but mainly because of my ignorance, and I would assume they'd try and poison me. They're quite bonny looking creatures though, generally, I'm surprised they get such a bad name. Must be an evolutionary bias. Similarly spiders.

15 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Nice pics scotfree. You should have fed it some carrots and made it yer pet. They're a squeezer rather than a poisoner aren't they? I'd probably crap it if I saw one in the wild like, but mainly because of my ignorance, and I would assume they'd try and poison me. They're quite bonny looking creatures though, generally, I'm surprised they get such a bad name. Must be an evolutionary bias. Similarly spiders.

Aye, Carpet Snakes are pythons. The "bad" snakes like the Taipan and Brown Snake are highly venomous ( Snakes are venomous, not poisonous ?) and you get a few of them around here as well. Only 5 mins away from me someones dog was killed by a Taipan. 

For the first 8 years that I lived here I worked in the sugar cane fields. I saw a lot of the "bad" snakes there. As a young Scottish laddie just off the plane it was a bit of a shock...

• Like 1

On 20/08/2020 at 09:32, rocket_scientist said:

I had to look up the definition of phobia. I don't have any "fear" of anything, irrational, extreme or otherwise but sometimes the definition includes "aversion" and I'm definitely averse to "situations" rather than things, people-induced situations.

When bullshit is being spouted, mostly on the telly by politicians or by commentators on Sky, I want them exterminated from the planet and wish I was in possession of the same magic wand that Brian Clough talked about. On reflection I think it's intolerance rather than aversion but people are my only gripe. I don't like humans. And I love humans. I'm a mixed up type of cunt really. 

You’ve clearly got a fear of common sense and decency