Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Devlin/Bryson

To do that we would have to pay up their contracts in full, otherwise they could take us to the cleaners at an employment tribunal. I'm not sure if we would have to pay them up as a lump sum though. I suspect as long as we pay them their monthly salaries on the dates they are due then we would be quite within our rights to terminate them. Both would probably welcome it anyway. They've both been horrendous in the past 12 months (Devlin even longer) and the chance to earn a contract elsewhere whilst not losing out on what we were due them must be fairly appealing. Expect to see Bryson join Killie if it's true. Who would take a chance on Devlin with his dodgy knee though? Motherwell would be the obvious destination, maybe Livi with the Dykes cash burning a hole in their pocket.

19 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

some chatter on social media both having contracts terminated.. Mcinnes further bankrupting the club.. Bryson will have cost us a fortune

The club is either bankrupt or it isn't. You can't "further" bankrupt it. 

Both are in the final year of their contracts, we'll likely end up paying them a small amount to top up a salary they get elsewhere (i.e. gardening leave). There was no real evidence that Bryson would fail the way he did, he had a minor injury when signed which wasn't the reason Derby were letting him go. Devlin was exceptionally high risk. I was surprised when I first saw him at how poor he was on the ball. He shouldn't have been signed on that basis rather than his medical history. The comparison would be Hoban. It's clear he can defend and also comfortable with the ball at his feet, so worth the six month deal. I'm actually not that concerned by the injured players, more the sheer volume of unsuccessful signings in general. Leigh, Ojo maybe, were successful last season, with the jury still out on Kennedy and Hernandez. I think it's been a bit of a blessing that we can't afford to sign anyone this summer.

2 hours ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

some chatter on social media both having contracts terminated.. Mcinnes further bankrupting the club.. Bryson will have cost us a fortune

Apologies if I'm reading your posts wrongly AD 74 but in my opinion there appears as if there could be a recurring negative theme towards McInnes in your posts.

Are you not a fan then ?

I heard last Thursday that all is not well at the club due to this Covid issue and a couple of players had refused to pay fines.

Cormack livid at them allegedly and wants some shipped out ASAP.

I didn't think much of it last week, even though the source was good, but suspect all is not well down at Pittodrie.

I just hope we can use this shit in a positive way on the pitch.

50 minutes ago, TheDeeDon said:

I heard last Thursday that all is not well at the club due to this Covid issue and a couple of players had refused to pay fines.

Cormack livid at them allegedly and wants some shipped out ASAP.

I didn't think much of it last week, even though the source was good, but suspect all is not well down at Pittodrie.

I just hope we can use this shit in a positive way on the pitch.

Interesting if true. "Cormack wants some shipped out asap" is a bit worrying though. The tims were really lucky that it was one of their gash players, so they can ditch him and make it look like they're taking a tough stance (although they didn't ditch the racist, so who knows). The dons can't really ditch the shite ones and keep the good ones and still look professional!

The club needs to come out and say exactly what happened with the rule breaking. There's a definitely a cut off between where the players have fucked up and the club have fucked up. If I were a player, I'd be unhappy with paying a fine too. There's a statutory fine already for people who break the 4 household rule, which they should pay. If I were someone like Bryson or Hayes who'd already had a good career, I'd walk away from the game. Fuck being treated like you're somebody's possession and subject to a witch hunt for a minor offence. They don't get paid enough for that shit, we're nae premiership.

25 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

Cosgrove and Mckenna have submitted transfer requests. 

Logan, McGeough also to be shown the door.

Edit to add: Hedges away in addition. 

It is normal to give sources, unlike other forums where the poster likes to present himself as oh so clever.

They even have a term for this, ITK, "in the know" but of course I am telling a detective how to suck eggs.

Providing a source is just basic humanity, decency and courtesy. I think the Bible even says this, Lutherian book 03, verse 19. 

1 minute ago, hercule poirot said:

My source is the guy who I drink a lot of beer with at weekends. 

He whatsapped me earlier. 

Did you inquire as to his source, do you not need to (as he is the cleverest man on the planet and/or golden on matters AFC) or is he unbiblical and you were not aware of the religiously-imposed dogma?

Cosgrove and McKenna submitting transfer requests would be utterly pointless seeing that we've been actively trying to sell them for the past year.

Might be something in Bryson/Devlin but the rest of it sounds like bollocks to me. No interest in "Cum Dog" ever playing for us, absolute weapon.

8 minutes ago, Slim said:

Cosgrove and McKenna submitting transfer requests would be utterly pointless seeing that we've been actively trying to sell them for the past year.

Might be something in Bryson/Devlin but the rest of it sounds like bollocks to me. No interest in "Cum Dog" ever playing for us, absolute weapon.

I also take anything like that with a barrowful of seasoning. Unless the source is known, it's likely be to be hot air. The reason why sick people blow hot air is to make themselves feel important, them likely to be spectacularly unimportant and inconsequential in their sad lives.

The slipping of basic education standards is a perennial problem but the lapses in religious education is the bigger issue. They don't even know their ten commandments let alone Luther 03 19.

Out of curiosity, did McKenna actually ever officially withdraw the transfer request he submitted this time last year ?

Regarding the possible signing of Cummings, I would almost rather Dominic than Jason, so that says it all really.

43 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I also take anything like that with a barrowful of seasoning. Unless the source is known, it's likely be to be hot air. The reason why sick people blow hot air is to make themselves feel important, them likely to be spectacularly unimportant and inconsequential in their sad lives.

The slipping of basic education standards is a perennial problem but the lapses in religious education is the bigger issue. They don't even know their ten commandments let alone Luther 03 19.

Luther Vandross? 

Martin Luther King? 

Whatchoo talkin about Willis?