Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

wotchoobinuptotheday?

In order to escape the cloud and the haar, we got on to the South Deeside Road and headed inland. Great decision. Had lunch at Potarch in the most perfect weather and I mean literally, the best conditions that the world has ever seen, let alone the UK, Scotland and the NE.

Folk were swimming in the Dee and it looked magic. Nice drive by Finzean and Strachan etc., great views of Cairn O Mount and much as it's a beautiful part of the world, I couldn't live there. Too many English and English wannabes, a Tory stronghold full of plummy accents and total fuds. However I've never seen the water levels in the Feugh and the Dee so low: -

image.thumb.jpeg.2420207e48cc403134b45dd7ac4915df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9f794a6ca56f6c1f7dc30eaa5881d6b7.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

In order to escape the cloud and the haar, we got on to the South Deeside Road and headed inland. Great decision. Had lunch at Potarch in the most perfect weather and I mean literally, the best conditions that the world has ever seen, let alone the UK, Scotland and the NE.

Folk were swimming in the Dee and it looked magic. Nice drive by Finzean and Strachan etc., great views of Cairn O Mount and much as it's a beautiful part of the world, I couldn't live there. Too many English and English wannabes, a Tory stronghold full of plummy accents and total fuds. However I've never seen the water levels in the Feugh and the Dee so low: -

image.thumb.jpeg.2420207e48cc403134b45dd7ac4915df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9f794a6ca56f6c1f7dc30eaa5881d6b7.jpeg

Did you and Mrs rocket hang your love padlock onto the railings at the fuegh? 

28 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

If I'd known it was as nice inland,would have headed for some hills,...but,worked a half day, followed by a bit of gardening at home....

DSC01938-2.jpg 

That could be an entrant in the bonny garden competition. Well done sir, clearly a lot of time and effort gone into that. 

I recently dug out a lot of borders, lay down some weed cover sheeting and filled with 10mt of chuckies. 

I've too many borders so some had to go. Next on the agenda is remove 6 of the 14 trees. That won't be cheap... 

• Like 1

Never usually that well maintained but between lockdown and breaking my ankle a few months back,got the fences painted(first time in 15 years),and garden knocked into shape.Thinning /chucking out heaps of plants if youre needing some this Autumn

Edited by Elgindon

Good question - I painted the fronts and the edges(very carefully),but should probably have spoken to my neighbour first.Hasnt said anything yet though.I can see it being more of a problem if theres an eg, larch lap/interwoven fence panel where your paint can overspill to you neighbours side.

ps ,know a man who can fell your trees if looking.Pm if looking

Edited by Elgindon

Stunning garden Elgin, love to do similar masel. Far did you get her steens? Did you build the dyke yersel and how much earth did you need for the borders? I've just got a shit ton of bland grass, and I really need to dig up at least a third of it for planting. I like the wall idea, as it'd save digging up grass, o could just earth over it.

Got the stones fae Leiths Quarry up in cove.They had a pile where you can pick out the ones you want.That bed ^^^ is appx 24m2 in area,by appx 0.5m deep on average.Used about 10tons of soils(A and M Smith,Portlethen give it away for free).Reckon I used uround 5 tons of rock for the wall.A lot of big eens hidden behind to support/build on,and small ones to underpin/ fill the gaps

If you canna be arsed with all that,I would have gone for sleepers instead,either horizontally,...or to give you more flexibility with shape,vertically. Some stunning pics in here among the dross https://www.railwaysleepers.com/projects/retaining-walls-with-railway-sleepers

Shot a 2 under nett round of golf on a course you will be familiar with Rocket i.e Troon Darley. First time under handicap on it this year as it really can be a very unforgiving test of golf.

Followed it up with bbq (too far for Dave to travel too though) beers and a lovely rioja in the evening sunshine.

11 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Got the stones fae Leiths Quarry up in cove.They had a pile where you can pick out the ones you want.That bed ^^^ is appx 24m2 in area,by appx 0.5m deep on average.Used about 10tons of soils(A and M Smith,Portlethen give it away for free).Reckon I used uround 5 tons of rock for the wall.A lot of big eens hidden behind to support/build on,and small ones to underpin/ fill the gaps

If you canna be arsed with all that,I would have gone for sleepers instead,either horizontally,...or to give you more flexibility with shape,vertically. Some stunning pics in here among the dross https://www.railwaysleepers.com/projects/retaining-walls-with-railway-sleepers

Nice one, thanks. I'll check out A M Smith like. I like the sleepers for convenience, but reckon the wife would prefer the steens, as they do look cracking. Probably a similar size bed in my garden like, although we've got a fairly big front garden too if I ever get round to it. I'll likely start and give up half way!

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Shot a 2 under nett round of golf on a course you will be familiar with Rocket i.e Troon Darley. First time under handicap on it this year as it really can be a very unforgiving test of golf.

Followed it up with bbq (too far for Dave to travel too though) beers and a lovely rioja in the evening sunshine.

Any time you play well is a great feeling and yes, the Darley is a great test. Not long but got to keep it straight. It is relentless in this regard. Great course.

When we moved to Glasgow, I joined St Meddans because links golf is my preference and I don't like any of the parkland courses in the city. The high precipitation makes them particularly unappealing plus no chance of winter golf, at least competitively.

Peter Weir was into his golf in those days (late 80's). Used to see him in the clubhouse quite a bit. Loved the Lochgreen. Longer and more open meant grip it and rip it.

Good job they've done on the new clubhouse. Popped in a couple of years ago although I loved the old one. It was always great food, simple menu and cheap. Couldn't take advantage of the pints as was always driving to get there. Great shooting Al ??

I've been checking what's trending on Twitter, a daily thing in the last 5/6 months. De Niro is 77 today. This video is a good reflection of the modern world where trolls, who are quite obviously sad and infantile people use their anonymity and their internet voice to attack others. It's not a serious issue on fitba forums of course but I understand that online "bullying", on Facebook perhaps, has led to some pretty serious consequences. It's the same mentality behind all of this nasty and twisted behaviour and like the great actor says, who are these fucking whack jobs? I wonder how they got so sick personally. That would be interesting to know.