Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Eight To Be Banned

29 minutes ago, Edinburghdon said:

The way I read it was if it was just the 4 household rule that they broke then surely the statements saying club protocols too would be redundant, makes me believe there were separate club guidelines broken.

The club also made a big song a dance about the cost of the private testing so I’d assume the results would be same day or as near as or it’d be pointless, seem to remember a video the club posted showing that too although I can’t be arsed looking for it anymore.

At the end of the day it’s irrelevant how clear it is to us, it’ll have been drilled in to the players and staff so they’ve only themselves to blame really. Although there’s a decent amount of info on the SFA site on the general framework (minimal interaction between players outside games/training etc, testing, screening) even if the specifics of the club policies aren’t published. 

The abuse and stick they’re seemingly getting is out of order but the punishments probably aren’t (assuming the standard punishments in line with rule 24 etc are applied).

Yep, very reasonable, it's a shame we only ever get half the story. I think I remember reading it was one or two days to get tests back. Remember, Hibs didn't get tests returned in time for a pre-season game to go ahead? In retrospect, I think you're right,  perhaps 4 game ban wouldn't be that unreasonable because if the games hadn't been cancelled then that's the number of games they could have missed (3 in the dons case, but there are some 14 day periods that have 4 matches). Hopefully they'll sort out the time it takes for future offences as, had the games gone ahead then the players could have faced missing 7 matches in total which would seem mental. 

You'd think that the rules would have been drilled into the players, but that clearly wasn't the case at AFC, given Johnny Hayes explanation. You wonder if the testing part and match day and training protocols have been drilled in, but they didn't pay much attention to the out of office guidelines, which would be basically the same for all of us. They'll definitely be aware of them now.

1 hour ago, wee toon red said:

Reading between the lines here, looks like it was McKenna and Anderson who actually caught COVID as Hayes, Kennedy, McGeouch and Bryson all available for tomorrow night, with Cosgrove and Devlin injured anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53839625

Apologies if this isn't news and I'm repeating something posted elsewhere.

That wouldn't necessarily be the case. If the two had zero symptoms, then ten days would be the isolation period I think. Those who were in contact would be longer I think, 14 days.

13 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

That wouldn't necessarily be the case. If the two had zero symptoms, then ten days would be the isolation period I think. Those who were in contact would be longer I think, 14 days.

Aye, true. Just seems odd that two of them would be out for longer than the others, unless they had contact with whoever was infected beyond the Saturday night.

On 20/08/2020 at 09:15, wee toon red said:

Aye, true. Just seems odd that two of them would be out for longer than the others, unless they had contact with whoever was infected beyond the Saturday night.

McKenna didn't start the second half due to illness. Covid after effects?

32 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Vomited at HT apparently. Likely not related to covid.

Without being there and without having medical expertise and background, I would find it unlikely that anyone could speculate on the likely reason or non-reasons for vomiting. The one reason for vomiting that would have been even less likely than any effects of a virus was if he had contracted the same syndrome as the nurse in the excellent film Knives Out. She spewed on the occasion of her relating anything untrue, a condition that may well be entirely fictional but which added much to a memorable scene in a memorable fictional movie. 

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

Anyone know what time the player's fate is to be disclosed ?

Two minutes before the Hibs game kicks off I'm guessing.

Surely punishment will begin next week? Announcing on a Friday would seem bizarre, and could totally fuck up preparations for Sunday. I'm assuming they wouldn't do that?

16 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Two minutes before the Hibs game kicks off I'm guessing.

Surely punishment will begin next week? Announcing on a Friday would seem bizarre, and could totally fuck up preparations for Sunday. I'm assuming they wouldn't do that?

This is Scottish fitba we're talking about though Rico.

From the word go, today has been the date for the announcement so the fact it's a Friday is irrelevant I guess.

Think best we can hope for is suspended bans in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, BigAl said:

This is Scottish fitba we're talking about though Rico.

From the word go, today has been the date for the announcement so the fact it's a Friday is irrelevant I guess.

Think best we can hope for is suspended bans in my opinion.

Cannot see it being a suspended sentence. They will be looking to make examples of players. I expect at least two game bans to be handed out. Whatever punishment is handed out Boli should get a more severe one. Bet he doesn’t though.

Given JRGs comments about clubs procedures being above SFA guidelines there is no way the club should be getting punished for players breeching clubs rules.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Cannot see it being a suspended sentence. They will be looking to make examples of players. I expect at least two game bans to be handed out. Whatever punishment is handed out Boli should get a more severe one. Bet he doesn’t though.

Given JRGs comments about clubs procedures being above SFA guidelines there is no way the club should be getting punished for players breeching clubs rules.

I'd have thought a three or four match ban would be about right. They'd have missed 3 games if the government hadn't cancelled the fixtures, so that would seem reasonable. Four if they're trying to standardise the punishment, as that would be the maximum number of games in a two week period. I think the point about suspension, is that it should be suspended until Monday, as it would be ludicrous to hand out a punishment this close to a game.

5 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Thats about the time pricks like to send emails that will stress your out and ruin your weekend. Anywhere between 4pm and 445pm, click send then leg it out of the office to avoid the angry phone call

Just to let you know your entire extended family has been kidnapped. Let me know if you need anything, I'm off now until October, and won't be checking my email. Have a great weekend.

• Like 1