Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton - Match Thread

Just saw their first. That's awful defending fae Taylor. 

Anyway, good result and some great goals, Ferguson especially - some hit. I'm guessing the second half was trying out a different setup ahead of the tims. Switching in am extra midfielder made sense as that is what will happen against them. Ojo getting some minutes in case we get an injury to one of the three over the next two games also probably makes sense (he was worse than what went before him, but I've seen him play much worse too). Cosgrove obviously not quite there yet, so best to keep him well away, save him for a hattrick in the semi.

Losing Hayes would be a blow, hope Kennedy is available, unused sub today. Would we see Greg Leigh make his first appearance back against Celtic at left wing back??

Thought tonight's subs were a little odd. If players are not fit to play they shouldn't be subs. At 4-0/4-1, Kennedy should have replaced Hayes, and you even sub Kennedy later if you want to be extra cautious. Good chance to give him some match fitness. Obviously Sam replaces Edmundson too. No clue why Ojo played tonight, Ferguson and McCrorie will be our center mids against Celtic, and McGeough the back up. Straight swap McCrorie for McGeough would have been the simple option. Thought the subs contributed to our weakened second half. On a positive, was nice to see Wright given close to 90 mins.

48 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Losing Hayes would be a blow, hope Kennedy is available, unused sub today. Would we see Greg Leigh make his first appearance back against Celtic at left wing back??

Thought tonight's subs were a little odd. If players are not fit to play they shouldn't be subs. At 4-0/4-1, Kennedy should have replaced Hayes, and you even sub Kennedy later if you want to be extra cautious. Good chance to give him some match fitness. Obviously Sam replaces Edmundson too. No clue why Ojo played tonight, Ferguson and McCrorie will be our center mids against Celtic, and McGeough the back up. Straight swap McCrorie for McGeough would have been the simple option. Thought the subs contributed to our weakened second half. On a positive, was nice to see Wright given close to 90 mins.

I think we might see Ferguson, McRorie and McGeouch against the Tim, hence why Ojo maybe got a run out too, to give him some minutes as he'll be first sub (he can leave now as far as I'm concerned, but I understand the inclusion).

For the others, they were probably only on the bench because you can have forty subs these days so you might as well get them back involved. Cosgrove might only have been an option if we'd been down a goal. Would have been harsh to put Kennedy in ahead of a fully fit McLennan too, who had a decent game against utd. 

Another good three points, but I thought we should have went for it more in the second half rather than game management.

Shame we lost Hayes, as his energy alone is a huge miss nevermind his workrate.

I really hope we don't adopt the second half tactics against Celtic as we are a better team than that now.

Edited by TheDeeDon

22 minutes ago, TheDeeDon said:

I really hope we don't adopt the second half tactics against Celtic as we are a better team than that now.

It won't be those players, but it will be similar tactics. McGeouch will be in for Wright to make a three in midfield. Possibly two up front if Edmondson is fine to play. They play a back three, I think McInnes will match up, so no change at the back. We might just see our wing backs becoming more defensive, perhaps even see Logan at right of a back five. If Leigh is fit, we might see him if Hayes is out, otherwise I think McLennan probably did enough to get in despite not being great on his left. If Logan plays, then we'll likely see Watkins and Hedges slightly behind. It'll be stuffy. We'll save the all out attack for the semi.

18 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It won't be those players, but it will be similar tactics. McGeouch will be in for Wright to make a three in midfield. Possibly two up front if Edmondson is fine to play. They play a back three, I think McInnes will match up, so no change at the back. We might just see our wing backs becoming more defensive, perhaps even see Logan at right of a back five. If Leigh is fit, we might see him if Hayes is out, otherwise I think McLennan probably did enough to get in despite not being great on his left. If Logan plays, then we'll likely see Watkins and Hedges slightly behind. It'll be stuffy. We'll save the all out attack for the semi.

Given someone has clearly said something to McInnes about our style of play, hence the drastic change this season, I wonder if that same someone has said something about games against the old firm and having more of a go. The fans were right on McInnes' back and rightly so with the shite he'd served up in recent years, and things have drastically improved now. Can we expect a similar outlook this weekend with a refreshingly different approach? If he wants to win the game Wright has to start and we take the game to a very average Celtic.

18 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Leigh at LB would be my preference, we know that he's capable, albeit probably not as explosive as Hayes.

First half was a good watch although I didn't ever feel like we were in control of it. Just fucking awesome going forward and that Fergie effort, pure golazo. Second half, those subs, wtf. I could sort of understand it because they were getting the upper hand, but it didn't work in our favour at all.  I think the only sub I was impressed with was McLennan, he put in a decent shift.  We really should have been flying on confidence after that game but I know I certainly felt a bit deflated, which is ridiculous considering we scored four fucking goals.

Still, I do fear for the games against the tattie munchers, they'll be hurting post hun.