Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton - Match Thread

Based on the apology letter, if the game is on we know who is not playing. I’d expect -

lewis

Hernandez-Taylor-Hoban-logan

ojo-ferguson

hedges-Wright-mcginn

edmonson

Would rather see Campbell play, Ferguson #10, Wright wide, and McGinn through the middle and less long ball shite, but I don’t see us playing football and big unit up top means more of the dire and painful watch we’re getting used to.

2-1 us, Ferguson and McGinn.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I think Campbell will play...at left back instead of Logan.

I'd hold fire on Edmondson. There is some talk on Leeds sites that he has injured himself in training and out for up to 8 weeks. Hopefully untrue but would just be our luck that he is.

The post I saw had an article dated from Feb. I'm going to hold passing judgement until it comes from the club.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Don’t think it started to early but the mistake was trusting idiots who play the game to actually follow the procedures laid down for the return of football.

The Tim is an outlier. The dons were not idiots, and the hysterical overreaction to their minor infringement has painted Sturgeon into a corner, as now all breaking of the rules is the same, despite the fact that the Tim's breach was spectacular in comparison. Although, it is hugely important to note that no player broke the procedures laid down (specifically) for the return of football, they broke rules that were for the general public. Three weeks ago, Timothy could have travelled to Spain and back. Eight dons players could have entered the same pub and [would likely have] contracted covid, sitting at three tables of three. The dons incident should have been treated as the learning experience that it was, rather than act as if they'd joined the EDL. I've made a couple of errors of judgement during lockdown, I'm sure we all have. Maybe even cut a couple of corners, who knows.

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd like to congratulate Hibees on their league success.

Pretty sure Jack Ross hasn't ruled out that possibility. Whatever the bookies say, their odds will have come in dramatically in the last 10 days since the start of the season. Leicester were 5,000/1 when they won it. These Cinderella stories are rare but never impossible... and only with the right culture, attitude and mentality which means it's totally impossible for AFC under the bearded midget charlatan. 

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

The Tim is an outlier. The dons were not idiots, and the hysterical overreaction to their minor infringement has painted Sturgeon into a corner, as now all breaking of the rules is the same, despite the fact that the Tim's breach was spectacular in comparison. Although, it is hugely important to note that no player broke the procedures laid down (specifically) for the return of football, they broke rules that were for the general public. Three weeks ago, Timothy could have travelled to Spain and back. Eight dons players could have entered the same pub and [would likely have] contracted covid, sitting at three tables of three. The dons incident should have been treated as the learning experience that it was, rather than act as if they'd joined the EDL. I've made a couple of errors of judgement during lockdown, I'm sure we all have. Maybe even cut a couple of corners, who knows.

Don’t doubt Victim FC player is on a different level however it was stressed to players in the restart document that they should be following the social distancing rules to the letter. Direct quote from document is “IMPORTANT: In the Stadium, under the current situation, the public perception and following of professional football, teams and players will resonate much more than before. We would encourage exemplary behaviour with regards to Hygiene and Isolation measures outside the field.” Players knew or should have that it was against the guidance for 8 of them to be out together in an indoor setting. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Don’t doubt Victim FC player is on a different level however it was stressed to players in the restart document that they should be following the social distancing rules to the letter. Direct quote from document is “IMPORTANT: In the Stadium, under the current situation, the public perception and following of professional football, teams and players will resonate much more than before. We would encourage exemplary behaviour with regards to Hygiene and Isolation measures outside the field.” Players knew or should have that it was against the guidance for 8 of them to be out together in an indoor setting. 

Fuck me, is that it? If that's your idea of a clear statement, I'd hate to see a cryptic one.

Players should have known, but they made a minor mistake like everyone has done. They're not idiots and this should have been handled much better by Nicola Sturgeon.

• 2 months later...

This is on tomorrow at 7pm. Hopefully we stick with same style of play as Saturday but are a bit more clinical in front of goal. Surely if Accies can let St Johnstone score 5 we will get a few.

oot

flat

virtual season ticket

flat

3-0 Watkins Ferguson and Hedges for Dons.

We are due to give someone a pasting. We’ve created a bunch of chances in recent games but have been wasteful, maybe this is the game we take a few. 

4-1 us. Watkins , Ferguson, Wright, hedges.

Disappointed to draw with United but my eyes no longer bleed watching us play. I like Watkins effort and he’s a skilled guy, but keen to see what we do when Cosgrove is fit. I expect him to come in and if we stick to this current style of play he’ll certainly get scoring chances. Without doubt he’s more of a striker and goal scorer than Watkins (who from day one we were told was not a natural striker and goal scorer.) Will Sam make the bench this game or still too early??

Nae sign of Sam or Kennedy being available I can see,was hoping they'd be ready post international break. Also curious to see how Sam adapts to how we are playing,with a Watkins or McGinn playing off him.

Should be a comfortable win(said that v Utd),but 3 points will do

Hope we start with the same side. Create some chances, and get some goals. If Cosgrove's fit, I can imagine he might step in for Wright, which would be disappointing. Having Wright and Hedges' movement close to Watkins is what has given us the better style of play. I think Watkins has been decent, but he's not going to ghost past players like Wright does or offer as much movement to our midfield. It must be fairly demoralising [for Wright] being the goto 65th minute sub every week too, but that's the best he can hope for tomorrow with the others returning. I think we'll see our style of play forfeited for Watkins and Cosgrove together. McLennan had a great first half against Utd and probably earned it. Taylor definitely keeps his place ahead of Leigh (and Considine shifting in one) as he had a very good game against Utd, with some non-Tayloresque passing.