Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Saints vs. dons - sat 1230

16 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Actually thought Wright looked OK tonight.

Solid debut from McCrorie.

Superb to see Hoban stroll through it and get ninety minutes under his belt although still heart in mouth every time he goes into a challenge.

Said it already and will.say it again, not sure what the issue with playing Hedges actually is. OK lucky with the deflection but not afraid to take on his opponent and take a shot.

Said the same about Wright on fezbook and getting a hammering for it ? Guess some people just want to see what they want to see. Apparently it wasn't a horrific performance (it clearly was). Had that remained at 0-0 I'd have cursed being woken up early to watch that. nigh on 90 mins of eye bleeding shite.

Thank fuck someone was willing to take a shot. Can't remember who it was (maybe McLennan) who got into a decent position and should have shot but passed it out wide. Kennedy put in a decent ball so i'm hoping it's a case of match fitness with him. 

Agreed with McCrorie, he pinged some nice passes that the team just didn't read / control, but hopefully with time that get's resolved. I'm cautiously optimistic about him as a signing.

Hedges is a funny one. I'd be interested to see if he can maintain that level of performance from a starting position, or is he just a super sub?

Wonder what changes will be made for Livi.

Solid defensively. But gave the ball away in midfield far too often in the first half.

Didn't think Kennedy offered much when he came on - always taking it wide then sending in a cross that seemed to rarely hit a team-mate. We could have just played Hernandez further forward.

Hedges did the job Kennedy should have done - taking players on and cutting inside, which we needed players to do since we had no strikers.

Thought Wright was good in first half but was too deep in second to make any impact.

Overall, considering we've not played a lot of friendlies before the season then have had a 19 day break, added to it being an unfamiliar line-up, it was never going to be thrilling stuff. Best we could hope for was to be solid and nick a goal and we did that. Job done.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scotfree said:

I've been watching Hayes through the match. Just before half time he was fucked. He was trying to stop a cross into the box, which he failed to do. Looked like he was breathing out his arse. He's not moving freely as well. 

Maybe it's Covid related breathing problems. :D

Hedges is a good player, but I reckon it's the defencive side of his game that holds him back with us. Don't think he is a winger either as always looking to cut inside with the ball.

I'd forgotten about McLennan and have believed for a while he is worth a run up front as he is never a winger but has a good physical build for up front and a bit of pace.

A much needed win last night, but he really has to find a way of getting better football out of that squad of players. I reckon most SPL managers would love our squad of players.

Hope we see Hoban get a good run of games now as one of our best players if kept fit.

Good win in classic McInnes style. It'll do though, we looked way off the pace. Not much to write home about. Hedges probably unlucky not to start given he looked okay against the hun, but did well when he came on. Thought Bryson was an improvement on Ojo and Campbell, at times trying too hard, but showing much needed urgency. Much better in that central role alongside Ferguson rather than pricking about up front.

Same as last few seasons, so might as well say it again. We need to give players far more minutes in the same position with the same players around them. Stop dicking about moving them left to right to middle and back again. Guys like Wright, Kennedy, hedges, McLennan need confidence building and a sustained run in a single position. Then gradually do the dicking about. For three seasons McInnes has been playing like we're the finished article and these guys and those before haven't improved. GMS was the last winger to get the majority of his minutes on one wing, and he was good.

• Like 1