Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Saints vs. dons - sat 1230

In the EE, DM says he is looking to see what Atlanta have to give us Striker wise. Please not Gallagher again, who was one of the worst players I have ever seen in the red jersey.

Throw the young lad Ruth in, if he's shyte, he's shyte, but you never know he just might grab the opportunity.

All very dull. Either throw in the young lad Ruth and see how he does or in the style of Jimmy Calderwood throw a dart at a list of random Eastern European free agent strikers and see who turns up.

Much more exciting than the latest teenage striker from the fringes of an English Championship team on loan.

I'm guessing that the "hoping to have a striker in" is just to keep St Johnstone guessing. It'll be Ferguson, because he can win headers. He's got the ability to adapt to different positions too, I'd trust his all round play in there, but I think his movement and finishing may not be up to scratch.

I'd rather we took that approach than sign another striker in a hurry, but like everyone else, Ruth is the preference (although I've never seen him, he might be shite, and at 18 might just lack the physique).

I hadn't realised that we signed the lad Ruth from Queens Park. I had just assumed he come through the ranks as a kid.

Looking at the photo of him online in his Queens Park kit, he looked like a puff o wind would blow him over and doesn't look like a usual McInnes type of striker/target man , so I doubt I would throw him in to try and hold the ball up, when it doesn't look like it would be his natural game.  He could have grown a lot in 18 months. Like to see him get some time on the pitch though.

Ferguson is good at throwing himself to the ground, so he could emulate Sam on that front, but reckon the tombola could come in handy tonight.

Hayes McGinn and Kennedy buzzing about the box has the potential to be tasty if given the freedom(or if they ignore Derek/do their own thing)).More curious than excited about tonight,hoping for a pleasant surprise.  COYBeardedmidget 

Edited by Elgindon

28 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

LEWIS

HERNANDEZ HOBAN TAYLOR HAYES

OJO FERGUSON CAMPBELL MCRORIE

MCGINN WRIGHT

actual formation may differ

Should be sufficient to see off the farmers. Even while lagging behind on game time.

£10 bet at 9/1 placed for Aberdeen to win by 2 or more clear goals and 6 or more corners.

Easy money..

6 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

the 5-1 btts looks decent

Only if Wright turns out to be a magic striker. To be fair to him, he's a good finisher. I had forgotten he was still here and assumed he was injured. This will be his final final final chance. Hopefully he's fucking ace tonight.