Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Saints vs. dons - sat 1230

Usually I’d say that this is normally a horrific watch, so it obviously makes sense to have it on tv, but given there are no fans and all games are viewable remotely , it doesn’t really make much of a difference . Never enjoy these games.

will they be a different beast without wright? Draw against the arabs on the first day is hard to judge, as they played half the game with 10 men, so I imagine we’ll see another cautious McInnes set up. Really hope we don’t try and accommodate the same three central midfielders , it didn’t work. I have no doubt we will see anderson on the bench, but I’d like to see either mcginn alongside him or Edmondson. Play to his strength please DM.

out

bed

night feed

bed

1-1 , mcginn 

As you say Manc can see Anderson being on the bench on Saturday which would be a shame as he needs a run of games in the right system. Would have liked him to play on Saturday along side McGinn but not going to happen as that would mean changing the system of punting long balls and dropping one of the central 3. Instead expect Edmundson to come in for Anderson and McGinn to replace Considine with Hayes moving to left back. Would like to see Campbell replacing Bryson or Ojo as he seemed to add some energy to the team on Saturday but again cannot see McInnes dropping either. 

oot

train to weeg to visit friends 

hopefully watching game

train back to capital. 

1-0 Edmundson.

I just think that Anderson isn't good enough full stop...….no matter the system we play. Had Cosgrove and Main not suffered the injuries they have, I suspect we would have went with Ruth as the 3rd striking option and Anderson sent out on loan to a (very) lower end SPL club or more likely a mid table Championship club. So I'm hoping that Edmondson gets the nod on Saturday to start...I've no idea if he will prove good enough but my mind is made up on Anderson.

I have a hunch Campbell will start Saturday, but not replacing Ojo. My feeling is he will slot in at left back and if Ojo is to be dropped, then McGeouch will be the one replacing him. Kennedy was anonymous against sevco, wouldn't be surprised to see Hedges drafted in for a start in place of him.

3 points an absolute must against St J. Can't afford to be losing more ground to Hibs especially, but obv we need to stick as close to the arse cheeks as possible for a long as possible 

1-2 (Mcginn, Taylor)

Out obviously

Out for a walk with the dog

Sky TV

Playing golf@ 3pm

Absolute shit fest of a match with us scraping a 1-0 victory (Hayes)

So one game into the competitive stuff and the heat is on for McInnes.

This is exactly the sort of game he seems to find himself facing on a regular basis.

Expect a positive outcome in terms of result not performance. 

36 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

2 have it, 6 have been asked to self isolate, 8 out, game goes ahead get DM to fuck now , zero standards at the club

Plus those that were injured anyway. Plus Considine suspended.

I reckon we'll play for a draw.

11 hours ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

2 have it, 6 have been asked to self isolate, 8 out, game goes ahead get DM to fuck now , zero standards at the club

Lads in their 20s and early 30s have a quiet pint/juice/whatever together and unfortunately pick up a deadly virus. They're nae premiership superstars who need their every single move scrutinised to within an inch. Just a case of wrong place, wrong time. I expect it'll be the same for a lot of folk. I went for a round of golf at one of the infected golf courses. Had it been a few days later I could have been down with the vid too. If I'd been 20, I'd have had it 48 times by now. Hopefully it'll allow us and other clubs to implement a better set of rules for their players going forward. Live and learn etc.

Get the youngsters in and let's have a team worth watching again.

Going out on the drink is pretty mad anyway just now, doing it after losing to the huns is crazy. These players don't have the right attitude, I'd be happy to see them out the team.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Lads in their 20s and early 30s have a quiet pint/juice/whatever together and unfortunately pick up a deadly virus. They're nae premiership superstars who need their every single move scrutinised to within an inch. Just a case of wrong place, wrong time. I expect it'll be the same for a lot of folk. I went for a round of golf at one of the infected golf courses. Had it been a few days later I could have been down with the vid too. If I'd been 20, I'd have had it 48 times by now. Hopefully it'll allow us and other clubs to implement a better set of rules for their players going forward. Live and learn etc.

The question I have is at what point in your life are stupid actions not excused by your age?

I personally will give most people under 20 a break as I did some fairly stupid things back then but when it came to work (even temp summer jobs) I never did anything that would potentially jeopardise my employment or risk fines to my employer.

Several teachers I know use the phrase 'Children being raised by children' which some will assume is just about teenage pregancy but mostly it is about dealing with parents who are supposed to be old enough to know better but don't see the fact they have created a life as a reason for them to starting taking responsibility for their own actions, or that of their own kids.

It may not happen now but should Covid 19 eventually becomes something the human race just has to deal with like the winter flu season, will it perhaps become grounds for dismisal if it is found you deliberetly exposed yourself to an environment where the virus was active, and then passed it onto several of your colleagues, thereby putting your employer at risk?

Edited by tom_widdows

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

In normal circumstances, players going out for a meal in a pub after a defeat isn't a big deal. But at this time they're meant to be in a 'Social Bubble' avoiding contact with other people outwith their bubble. So it's safe to say these players have absolutely fucked it.

Despite what the SFA have said, I can't see this game going ahead. You can't call the league in March and then relegate Hearts (lol) on the basis that an outbreak might occur but then carry on playing when you have a confirmed outbreak.

With a bit of luck, McInnes will lose his job over this ?

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

Get the youngsters in and let's have a team worth watching again.

Going out on the drink is pretty mad anyway just now, doing it after losing to the huns is crazy. These players don't have the right attitude, I'd be happy to see them out the team.

Neale Cooper once got fined because SAF asked him what's in that drink? Neale said coke. Fergie grabbed the glass out of his hand, sniffed it, tasted it and sent him home.

Apparently he turned up at a party (at Ryan Giggs place possibly) and nailed Lee Sharpe, who was similarly in breach of his rules.

In a culture where Aberdeen players are allowed to go on the piss after getting embarrassed, in the middle of a pandemic, it's possible that there are no rules. The value of discipline and attitude isn't known by this AFC manager and that's one of many reasons why he and his squad are a bunch of losers.