Jump to content

Next Match: Ross County v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, he can't adapt/evolve in my opinion. He has a system and sticks to it with too much emphasis on not losing than actual winning. I accept you have to win ugly at times, but not all the time. I

The description of him as a charlatan in the OP is 100% correct. It is unreal to me that many can't see this. Standards are in rapid freefall, including the ethics and the perceptions of the mass

Question for those who were actively interested/ involved during the Ferguson era. When Ferguson turned up was there any press/ rumours that whilst he had taken the Aberdeen job his dream was to ma

Posted Images

The Weegie awa fae Glesga syndrome.

We have all seen them, on holiday and here in the NE. They love to hold court and the pub is their referred environment for doing it. They usually put on an even thicker accent and they have misguided notions that the Glesga banter and their "gallusness" means that everybody loves what comes out of their mouths and that we hang on every word.

They also think that they are superior beings and more worldly-wise than everybody else and this is particularly true when they spout their stuff in Aberdeen and the shire. Billy Connolly got it terribly wrong at the Banff Springs once upon a time and this certainly coloured his view but the likes of McInnes and Calderwood and Willie Miller, they have particular contempt for the teuchters who they consider the people of Aberdeen to be.

One thing that fuels them is they mistakenly think that we have unrealistic expectations and the evidence they point to will be the incessant moaning, even when AFC wins. What they fail to comprehend is the facts; that between those three, there isn't a shred of management ability within them, not being cut out for the jobs. Also, it is the performances rather than the results that draws the most ire from the fans because anybody who knows fitba and who was watching that garbage last night knows that this will be another long season with mostly frustration and very few, if any, highlights.

McInnes must go and it's a disgrace that Milne bound him to the club with a ridiculous contract. He's a weegie awa fae hame who should have fucked off back to Ibrox when he had the chance, thereby fucking them and giving AFC the chance to reboot and restart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Lots of chatter about a potential fall out over finances. Personally I think it's probably putting 2+2 and getting 5 but it would be interesting timing. I mean, if we were to lose him, i'd rather he walk out the door than be pushed. Saves the club money and keeps his dignity in tact. That said, not sure I'd want him to go halfway through the jan window?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, manc_don said:

Lots of chatter about a potential fall out over finances. Personally I think it's probably putting 2+2 and getting 5 but it would be interesting timing. I mean, if we were to lose him, i'd rather he walk out the door than be pushed. Saves the club money and keeps his dignity in tact. That said, not sure I'd want him to go halfway through the jan window?

Think it’s exactly the bit in bold. There is no way Aberdeen sack a manager who has the team third in the table and only lost 4 out of 21 league games. Also a club pleading poverty does not pay off an 18 month contract in that situation just because the football has not been great to watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This might have mileage.  I have thought that he seemed a bit lacking in enthusiasm recently and I wouldn't be that surprised if he fancied a change of scenery.  We do seem to have stagnated again after a fairly bright start to the season.  Cormack would be keen to get his stonking salary off the wage bill too given how tight cash is due to covid.  2bh I've been of the opinion for a wee while that he isn't going to renew Mcinnes's contract next year for precisely this reason. 

 

To replace him with Glass though? That would be a bold move. He is free though. He was interim head coach at atalanta from the summer and has just been replaced by Heinze.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

This might have mileage.  I have thought that he seemed a bit lacking in enthusiasm recently and I wouldn't be that surprised if he fancied a change of scenery.  We do seem to have stagnated again after a fairly bright start to the season.  Cormack would be keen to get his stonking salary off the wage bill too given how tight cash is due to covid.  2bh I've been of the opinion for a wee while that he isn't going to renew Mcinnes's contract next year for precisely this reason. 

 

To replace him with Glass though? That would be a bold move. He is free though. He was interim head coach at atalanta from the summer and has just been replaced by Heinze.  

he maybe free but what does he bring to the table ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jute said:

Think it’s exactly the bit in bold. There is no way Aberdeen sack a manager who has the team third in the table and only lost 4 out of 21 league games. Also a club pleading poverty does not pay off an 18 month contract in that situation just because the football has not been great to watch. 

Personally speaking I think anyone genuinely believing that we're about to pay off McInnes has some pretty serious solvent abuse issues or is living in some sort of fantasy world to be pretty blunt about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Personally speaking I think anyone genuinely believing that we're about to pay off McInnes has some pretty serious solvent abuse issues or is living in some sort of fantasy world to be pretty blunt about it

It would seem unlikely, a resignation would be  more credible, but still unlikely. He is acting very un-McInnes in this window though by showing his hand early and clearly trying to move Wright on in January. He's either trying to play the board off against the fans, or Cormack has asked him to release info publicly to dry and drum up interest in some players to get other business done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

or Cormack has asked him to release info publicly to dry and drum up interest in some players to get other business done.

I can buy into that Rico

Think we really want to cash in on another asset if you could still call Cosgrove that 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

or Cormack has asked him to release info publicly to dry and drum up interest in some players to get other business done.

First thing I thought when I read the latest BBC article on McInnes highlighting Sevco interest in Wright

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55636430

Quote

"I am not surprised that he might have other interest. I think there is more than just one club interested, but Rangers have illustrated that they have an interest in Scott and they could do a pre-contract with Scott really any time, so could the other club please get their feckin finger out and make an actual cash offer*"

* may include internal monologue

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...