Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes must go

Stats are like miniskirts. I thought he, Ferguson and Ojo were so bad on Saturday and without any quality in the middle of the park, it's impossible to win a game... unless there is zero quality in the oppositions midfield too, which we often get in the SPFL.

Hayes had a disappointing game too, although unsurprisingly given that he was surrounded by donkeys. It was a terrible performance to start a new season and given that there was very little quality on the bench and in the squad, this is going to be another bad season for AFC. It only took one half of football to kill the usual start-of-season optimism/hope that always accompanies this time of year.

35 minutes ago, tup1 said:

He’s no Shinnie, he shouts and runs about a lot but he’s not very good, whatever he had before he doesn’t have now.

I don't think he's meant to be a Shinnie though. I had fairly high hopes for him as he's quite a fitness freak apparently. Obviously that only works if yer nae injured all the time. His general attributes were that he was box to box and didn't hide, I'm not sure what happened to those at the weekend (happy to write off last season for him). I think he struggled high up the park and was chasing shadows a lot of the game, I don't think that's a good role for him. I'd have him alongside Ferguson for a few games with McGinn in front or a front two. Same as usual, the three midfielders together never really works (at a push, Ferguson higher up the park would be better). We just don't need to accomodate all three (and fucking McGeouch). We should be using the strongest two and an attacking minded player in front who drops back when needed, nae a holding midfielder going forward occasionally. Very difficult to tell like, given how far off the pace we were. Everyone was pish. I don't see what others saw in Hernandez either, he looked volatile at the back and average going forward (although a massive improvement on his debut). Playing Kent onside for his first one on one was primary school.

14 hours ago, Donofanewera said:

Spot on there Tup. I’ve lurked a bit on afc chat and the way the post pics of you is shocking. Totally out of order

Aye you're right there. That's what happens when you upset Bebo. He removed my post count, set up a 1,000 club for his pals, and allowed the law to be broken with impunity in terms of my personal details.

You must worship at the altar of Bebo to post on there. Kissing his ass is mandatory.

He puts in loads of work for the site, and doesn't get paid for it you know. The site has also come close to closing many times but he has saved the day on every occasion like some sort of Internet Superman. It's an absolute miracle that it's still going and he is personally 100% responsible for that miracle.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Aye you're right there. That's what happens when you upset Bebo. He removed my post count, set up a 1,000 club for his pals, and allowed the law to be broken with impunity in terms of my personal details.

You must worship at the altar of Bebo to post on there. Kissing his ass is mandatory.

He puts in loads of work for the site, and doesn't get paid for it you know. The site has also come close to closing many times but he has saved the day on every occasion like some sort of Internet Superman. It's an absolute miracle that it's still going and he is personally 100% responsible for that miracle.

Haha, imagine trying to say that over there. 

18 hours ago, tup1 said:

His wages make no difference, if he’s done, he’s done.

They might do. I agree with you.....I think he's done. But because his wages  will be at the top end of our squad, it will be very difficult to get shot of him either on a transfer or a loan without us heavily subsidising his pay elsewhere. I've seen it said that he's only travelling up once a week from his home in the Kilmarnock area and Killie might have been a possible way for us to get shot of him. But with his injury history in the past 2 years, I think we are stuck with him till his contract runs out. 

McInnes of course has to take a fair bit of the blame for rushing him back from injury on at least a couple of occasions

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They might do. I agree with you.....I think he's done. But because his wages  will be at the top end of our squad, it will be very difficult to get shot of him either on a transfer or a loan without us heavily subsidising his pay elsewhere. I've seen it said that he's only travelling up once a week from his home in the Kilmarnock area and Killie might have been a possible way for us to get shot of him. But with his injury history in the past 2 years, I think we are stuck with him till his contract runs out. 

McInnes of course has to take a fair bit of the blame for rushing him back from injury on at least a couple of occasions

If that part about his travelling is correct then that's surely a hanging offence.

Are you saying that he doesn't train with the squad ? 

20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Yeah maybe but I suspect he was done when Derby got rid of him. They would have kept him on if he was still up to it. 

I think we based his wage on how good he used to be unfortunately. I’d negotiate a free transfer with him and cut our losses. McInnes should not feel obligated to play him because of his salary.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

In the same manner that JC used to do with Jamie Smith all those years ago.

The fact that Bryson is heading for 34 and experiencing his first run or injuries in his career is not exactly inspiring and we certainly shouldn't be trying to build anything around him.

I am quite sure that Bryson was offered a new deal at Derby, but was told he wouldn't be a first team regular, so chose to move back up north and I think most of us at the time thought he would be a good signing, but sadly hasn't been the case.

I am sure if DM signs more midfielders one of them may work out well for us.

On 04/08/2020 at 19:10, RicoS321 said:

I don't think he's meant to be a Shinnie though. I had fairly high hopes for him as he's quite a fitness freak apparently. Obviously that only works if yer nae injured all the time. His general attributes were that he was box to box and didn't hide, I'm not sure what happened to those at the weekend (happy to write off last season for him). I think he struggled high up the park and was chasing shadows a lot of the game, I don't think that's a good role for him. I'd have him alongside Ferguson for a few games with McGinn in front or a front two. Same as usual, the three midfielders together never really works (at a push, Ferguson higher up the park would be better). We just don't need to accomodate all three (and fucking McGeouch). We should be using the strongest two and an attacking minded player in front who drops back when needed, nae a holding midfielder going forward occasionally. Very difficult to tell like, given how far off the pace we were. Everyone was pish. I don't see what others saw in Hernandez either, he looked volatile at the back and average going forward (although a massive improvement on his debut). Playing Kent onside for his first one on one was primary school.

It was Taylor who played Kent onside, by running in a straight line towards the ball rather than pushing up.

3783E0CF-81C9-4A32-A108-5FD57F18F73B.png

Edited by Panda

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

It was Taylor who played Kent onside, by running in a straight line towards the ball rather than pushing up.

3783E0CF-81C9-4A32-A108-5FD57F18F73B.png

Edit: Just realised you meant the first one on one. Again, Taylor isn't looking at Kent and isn't aware of his run, and may have just played him onside anyway even if Hernandez hadn't. But aye, suppose Hernandez didn't cover himself in glory there.

Here’s what concerns me.

We HAVE to finish 2nd this year, at least, or we’re forever fucked.

Top 2 go into Champions League qualifiers and will make ridiculous sums of money (in comparison to Scottish fitba’). If it’s the ugly sisters then there is no chance of ever competing again!

EVER!

I hope the board understands this and has a plan..........but I doubt it!

2 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

Here’s what concerns me.

Top 2 go into Champions League qualifiers and will make ridiculous sums of money (in comparison to Scottish fitba’). If it’s the ugly sisters then there is no chance of ever competing again!

EVER!

No way in hell will we finish second. We will be lucky to get 4th or 5th this year.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

Here’s what concerns me.

EVER!

2nd.

LOL.

12 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

I didn’t say we would, or were even likely to finish second, but the board, surely to fuck, MUST be aware of the long term consequences of the bigots getting the CL spots.

At least give DM 2nd as a minimum target not just some vague “dae well inna cuppie and mak it intae Europe” 

The second team  (likely sevco)in the CL will have no chance of progression in it. Even Celtic will probably get beaten in the qualifiers. They'll drop down into the Europa League 4th round.....sevco get there anyway under their own steam.

As others have said...….we won't be finishing second any time soon. Already we are playing catch up with Hibs....we will do well to finish 3rd this season.

16 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

I didn’t say we would, or were even likely to finish second, but the board, surely to fuck, MUST be aware of the long term consequences of the bigots getting the CL spots.

At least give DM 2nd as a minimum target not just some vague “dae well inna cuppie and mak it intae Europe” 

I agree MBT. Was shouting it fae the rooftops when the scum went bust. Too late now though. It would be a ridiculously unfair target to give McInnes without serious cash for players and that isn't happening. There's something bigger (I don't mean better) at play in Europe I reckon though. The American cash coming into our game is preemptive (or at least it was pre-covid). They're expecting changes. 

• 2 weeks later...