Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Q Magazine

BigAl

Last ever issue coming out in August.

Have read this magazine for many a year and even went as far as buying many a CD/Album purely on the strength of their review. Was also great for news of up coming tours and finding out about new artists making a break through or attempting to do so.

Over the decades I've seen the music magazines disappear one by one.

In my youth the magazine of choice as a teenager was Record Mirror. I then moved on to NME and latterly to Q.

All of them gone now I'm afraid, victims of a changing times in the printed world.

Sad to see 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a shame to hear. It seems to be the way of the world now. I used to look forward to pay day so I could go out and get my NME, Melody Maker and Sounds. Select was another great mag from the 90's that finished up.

I also remember when Q first started. I bought it for a while, but It kind of went away from the music that I like. I'm more a Uncut or Classic Rock reader now.

I used to buy all the weekly music papers back in the day, it was my weekly Thursday ritual on the way home from work pick them up, along with a can of coke, mars bar and packet of McCoys, I knew how to live. :D

I used to keep many as well until my Ma chucked them when she moved house, some are actually worth money now, which I was surprised at.

Whilst I did like Q I always thought it was for bigger established acts, but did have good stuff in it, liked their review section as would look at reissued stuff.

Have to admit to not buying it in a very long time though, but such are the times we live.

The only magazines I still get are Private Eye and When Saturday Comes.