Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Huns - New season!

19 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

I agree with 95% of that.... except for the bit about the sack.

COVID-19 has saved him.

We can’t afford to sack him & the management team & maybe pay for a new one. 
I think he’ll see out his two years. 

Aye,...but if we cant afford to sack him,Covid doesnt make any difference RST

Also agree with most of what Kenny says.If McInnes didnt think lumping the ball to Brucie was a good idea,he could have nipped it in the bud early on,if not worked on it in training.

He was asked post match why he started off so slowly,but avoided answering by talking about the Huns instead.

Edited by Elgindon

McInnes will not be sacked. Far too expensive to pay him and his backroom staff off as it is, even before having to find the funds to bring in a replacement management team.

Our best hope of getting rid of him before his contract expires is if Scotland have a ridiculously bad World cup qualifying campaign and Clarke walks next summer/autumnish. DM is probably the number 1 candidate to replace him (not because he's any good, just he's the best of a poor set of Scottish options) and there MIGHT just be room for a deal to be done by that point. Although I can't see the SFA getting close to matching the deal he has with us....but if he can get a 3 year deal with them, it should be worth his while. If Scotland do well though, we are stuck with him till summer '22

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

McInnes will not be sacked. Far too expensive to pay him and his backroom staff off as it is, even before having to find the funds to bring in a replacement management team.

Our best hope of getting rid of him before his contract expires is if Scotland have a ridiculously bad World cup qualifying campaign and Clarke walks next summer/autumnish. DM is probably the number 1 candidate to replace him (not because he's any good, just he's the best of a poor set of Scottish options) and there MIGHT just be room for a deal to be done by that point. Although I can't see the SFA getting close to matching the deal he has with us....but if he can get a 3 year deal with them, it should be worth his while. If Scotland do well though, we are stuck with him till summer '22

Just as well I can’t be arsed with Scotland then. 

Hopefully they make an arse of it, & we get a change. 

2 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Aye,...but if we cant afford to sack him,Covid doesnt make any difference RST

Also agree with most of what Kenny says.If McInnes didnt think lumping the ball to Brucie was a good idea,he could have nipped it in the bud early on,if not worked on it in training.

He was asked post match why he started off so slowly,but avoided answering by talking about the Huns instead.

It does though.

i mean the losses we are making during COVID means we can’t afford to sack him.

Pre-COVID, I reckon finishing 4th in the league & taking a hammering off Celtic in the semi in April, added to the utter tedium of our football, might’ve seen the end of him.

But losing £1m per month has put paid to that. 

11 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

I agree with 95% of that.... except for the bit about the sack.

COVID-19 has saved him.

We can’t afford to sack him & the management team & maybe pay for a new one. 
I think he’ll see out his two years. 

It's a sick sick situation, and it's getting more and more absurd. It's sad, so sad.

When an employer is tied to an employee who is not fit for purpose then that's a needless and tragic position to find themselves. 

Sky TV coverage is terrible pro hun garbage and it's easier for the huns and the ref to get away with their incessant cheating in an empty stadium.

Morelos is grossly overweight but they didn't mention that at all, probably because McCoist and Boyd are also fat cunts, seems to be a pre-requisite of being a striker for the huns, be a fat, obnoxious prick.

• Like 2

Hugely disappointing performance, never got close enough to them when they had possession. As has been said by many others, Ojo, Bryson and Ferguson were poor. 

Bryson has never looked match fit in any game he has played for us.

There was not one aspect of our recently publicised footballing philosophy on display as far as I could see.

On the positive side the new Redtv International was excellent, another positive reflection of Dave Cormack and his impact on the club, the previous version was a reflection of Milne, just the absolute bare minimum to get by, like being happy finishing 8th in the league.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Sky TV coverage is terrible pro hun garbage and it's easier for the huns and the ref to get away with their incessant cheating in an empty stadium.

Morelos is grossly overweight but they didn't mention that at all, probably because McCoist and Boyd are also fat cunts, seems to be a pre-requisite of being a striker for the huns, be a fat, obnoxious prick.

Morelos being a fat cunt was brought up in post game analysis by McCoist.

ETA: Thought McCoist and Fletcher were pretty good on Sky coverage.

16 minutes ago, tup1 said:

I said this during the warm up. Freddo was carrying excess weight and looked like a fat bastard. He played like a fat bastard and he is a fat bastard.

Who's mother is a mattress. And probably a fat cunt to boot. 

8 hours ago, Leftside said:

Hugely disappointing performance, never got close enough to them when they had possession. As has been said by many others, Ojo, Bryson and Ferguson were poor. 

Bryson has never looked match fit in any game he has played for us.

There was not one aspect of our recently publicised footballing philosophy on display as far as I could see.

On the positive side the new Redtv International was excellent, another positive reflection of Dave Cormack and his impact on the club, the previous version was a reflection of Milne, just the absolute bare minimum to get by, like being happy finishing 8th in the league.

And ironically, he was the only midfielder that was vocal, and trying to close down as much as he physically could, there was a point in the 2nd half he went a bit mental at the rest of the Players because he was chasing Balogun, who was passing to Goldson, and the rest of the team were at the Halfway line. 

great bryson was vocal , yards off it, king prawn ojo sporting is new blm haircut wasnt up for it ... ferguson was deployed deep where he is shite.. the manager is fraud , an expensive one .. players are not conditioned nor up for a fight , bruce anderson looks like he is made from jelly , none of our midfielders have any sort of real physique nor are they encouraged to bigger stronger..

I’m trying so hard not to over react. It’s one game. Our first game in almost 5 months. But with Anderson up top it appeared we made zero tactical changes and what we saw yesterday was a continuation of the Shiite we saw for much of last season. It’s not a one off and the fact we’ve seen this so many times before is extremely concerning, and depressing. I fear for this season after only one game when, on paper, we have a strong squad!

12 hours ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

And ironically, he was the only midfielder that was vocal, and trying to close down as much as he physically could, there was a point in the 2nd half he went a bit mental at the rest of the Players because he was chasing Balogun, who was passing to Goldson, and the rest of the team were at the Halfway line. 

Bryson was one of the worst of the lot!

Not sure how many times he's played for us, but he's looked miles off the pace every time I've seen him. The games he's played in have just passed him by... He's got a fantastic CV - but that counts for fuck all now.  On the basis of what I've seen, he looks like a guy who's won a competition to play for Aberdeen and have a run around wearing the jersey.

Dread to think how much we've spunked on him, in terms of wages.  Guys like Bryson, Gleeson, Forrester.... all came up from down south, presumably on very good money.  What return have we had?  Throw the tansey into the mix too for a laugh.

It's shameful the amount the money we've wasted.  Imagine what clubs like Livi, St. Mirren, Hamilton could do with that sort of money?  The wages those lot would have been on, wouldn't have been far short of their entire budget I'd say!

1 hour ago, LA-Don said:

I’m trying so hard not to over react. It’s one game. Our first game in almost 5 months. But with Anderson up top it appeared we made zero tactical changes and what we saw yesterday was a continuation of the Shiite we saw for much of last season. It’s not a one off and the fact we’ve seen this so many times before is extremely concerning, and depressing. I fear for this season after only one game when, on paper, we have a strong squad!

That's the thing.  You've pretty much said it yourself.  It's not just one game.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Bryson was one of the worst of the lot!

Not sure how many times he's played for us, but he's looked miles off the pace every time I've seen him. The games he's played in have just passed him by... He's got a fantastic CV - but that counts for fuck all now.  On the basis of what I've seen, he looks like a guy who's won a competition to play for Aberdeen and have a run around wearing the jersey.

Dread to think how much we've spunked on him, in terms of wages.  Guys like Bryson, Gleeson, Forrester.... all came up from down south, presumably on very good money.  What return have we had?  Throw the tansey into the mix too for a laugh.

It's shameful the amount the money we've wasted.  Imagine what clubs like Livi, St. Mirren, Hamilton could do with that sort of money?  The wages those lot would have been on, wouldn't have been far short of their entire budget I'd say!

He's miles off the pace because we keep trying to rush him back from injuries, when he's clearly not match fit. It's desperation from McInnes' part to put him out there. And I'll carry this on from last Season, there was absolutely fuck all wrong with Gleeson, the guy never put a foot wrong when he Played ( Barring one slack pass back against St Mirren ) he influenced games against Livingston and Hearts, but he's another that was never really match fit and picked up the odd injury here and there. 

58 minutes ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

He's miles off the pace because we keep trying to rush him back from injuries, when he's clearly not match fit. It's desperation from McInnes' part to put him out there. And I'll carry this on from last Season, there was absolutely fuck all wrong with Gleeson, the guy never put a foot wrong when he Played ( Barring one slack pass back against St Mirren ) he influenced games against Livingston and Hearts, but he's another that was never really match fit and picked up the odd injury here and there. 

Jesus

On 03/08/2020 at 13:18, Sonoftherock said:

That's what I said when I read that reply.  No point even trying to take that point on. 

Please elaborate, both of you. Gleeson played sporadically and started a handful of games, when he played, he was absolutely fine, he wasn't fit enough to play 90 minutes due to injuries, we're in the same position with Bryson right now. Fail to see why your " Jesus " retorts are merited, at least back it fucking up with some sort of contrary opinion. 

Edited by KennyFuckinPowers

Well Saturday was grim but my honest feeling on it is both teams looked miles off game pace.  The goal we conceded reeked of a defence that hadn't played enough together in recent times.  Annoyingly I was just thinking we had weathered their fairly energetic but not much cutting edge storm too.  Thought hernandez looked pretty decent in spots though so fingers crossed for him.   Seen ojo take a lot of stick, at least he got involved and I certainly didn't think he was out worst performer.  I would love to know how many touches bryson actually got of the ball as he was a complete passenger. 

Given the context of the season it was a cunt of a first game to get but at least its out of the way.  

Re Mcinnes.  Like many I wouldn't necessarily be adverse to a change depending who it was changing for but given the team hasn't played a competitive game for 4-5 months some of the comments are waaaaaaaay over the top.  Besides, he's not going anywhere so it's fairly pointless talking about it. 

10 minutes ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

Please elaborate, both of you. Gleeson played sporadically and started a handful of games, when he played, he was absolutely fine, he wasn't fit enough to play 90 minutes due to injuries, we're in the same position with Bryson right now. Fail to see why your " Jesus " retorts are merited, at least back it fucking up with some sort of contrary opinion. 

Get in there Kenny....