Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Player update

4 hours ago, tup1 said:

Aye good luck to him. If he can stay injury free, he will be a star.

Let's not forget McInnes only used him when forced to, also after a 3-0 defeat by Motherwell. He was only on the fringes until that debacle.

It's sad to see him go but he is too good for us. I'm quite amazed that no team in the top league in England is willing to take a chance on him, especially after McGinn's success at Villa, and also Tierney now at Arsenal.

Aye, strange he came into the side off the back of a very poor 3-0 defeat to Motherwell and then left the side before a same scoreline defeat against them.

DM is in the EE saying he will not be getting money to spend from the deal on a replacement, but I think with Taylor and Devlin as the two replacements for him at this moment, it could prove very costly not to replace him or at least try and do so, as big boots to fill.

I think it's best for all parties than McKenna go, he wants to leave, but I'm disappointed in the money and, as mentioned, surprised nobody, even celtic, have come in with a better last minute offer of say 5 mill. Considering Tierney went south for 25 million, I'd have hoped for at least somewhere between 5-10.

While I know DM has said these funds won't go to strengthening the squad, I hope that's the usual pish to prevent/minimize us being overcharged for replacements. I really hope we get to buy a central defender, plus get Greg Leigh in at left back. Not a fan of a back 3 and in the last few games we've been fortunate not to concede more. Relying on Taylor and Devlin is not good, and Hoban is high risk. Plus Considine and his lack of pace in a back 3 scares me.....it's one think having McKenna back you up but if it's Taylor covering Considine, oh boy.

27 minutes ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Has he gone yet. Take the money and run. I was telling my mistress last night how we should have cashed in a couple of years ago when his stock was high. He is a bog standard SPL central defender who isn't going to improve any further. I'd bite their hand off for £2m at this point. 

Time for your medication and a lie down.

50 minutes ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Why can't they disclose the fee? I suspect this is a case of smoke and mirrors. Something doesn't ring true. 

Does anyone actually disclose fees these days? The fee will very much be made up of sell-ons and add-ons, with the amount up front being largely invisible. I'm guessing the idea behind not disclosing is so that people don't think we're flush and can afford to spank £750K on a Venezualan right back or some other ludicrous con,

14 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Does anyone actually disclose fees these days? The fee will very much be made up of sell-ons and add-ons, with the amount up front being largely invisible. I'm guessing the idea behind not disclosing is so that people don't think we're flush and can afford to spank £750K on a Venezualan right back or some other ludicrous con,

but but.... nah hud on Al

We'd never be that fucking stupid

Anybody tell me how many of his sixteen caps have been from the start of a game and in a competitive setting??  I personally don't think you should count friendlies, B' games, these stupid Nations League encounters.  Too many get recognised that don't deserve it.       

57 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

Anybody tell me how many of his sixteen caps have been from the start of a game and in a competitive setting??  I personally don't think you should count friendlies, B' games, these stupid Nations League encounters.  Too many get recognised that don't deserve it.       

Six European Qualifier games, which he played the full 90 mins in. Five Nation League games, which one (Israel away 10/11/18) he came on at half time. And he played five friendles and played the full 90 mins in them all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scotfree said:

I see that Scott Mckenna played his first game for Forest. Ended up a 1-0 loss to Huddersfield.

I just read that the Forest manager us under real pressure already, with fans calling for him to be sacked.

What with playing in a red strip as well it will make Scott feel like he never left us. ?

On 24/09/2020 at 01:19, scotfree said:

Ever since I was a wee laddie I've felt the same when we lose one of our best players. That kind of melancholy feeling. I think when Eric Black left was the biggest kick in the baws. Anywho, all the best, Scott. 

It was David Robertson for me, the leaving I could get, but his choice of club, never!

• Like 1