Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Player update

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Hopefully it’s because a better option is coming in January. 

You know anything??

To be honest, obviously my opinion, Leigh is the type of player we need to keep in a squad. As DM said today., he can play left back, left central defense, left wing back, and left mid/winger. Good to have that flexibility, plus he's a good age!

Certainly finance limiting the contract makes sense too.

Edited by LA-Don

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Good luck to him, he definitely needs game time. Although I'm not sure Ayr is a great move for him. I can't think of a single player that has moved there and come back a success.

I remember seeing some Ayr fans saying they were pleased to see the back of McKenna as they thought he was a bomb scare...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scotfree said:

I remember seeing some Ayr fans saying they were pleased to see the back of McKenna as they thought he was a bomb scare...

Funny, I was going to post something similar. McKenna had an indifferent time at Ayr and look what happened, hope all works out for Anderson!!

19 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Well done lad. Hope he does well, but I jut can't see him coming back here and holding down a position unfortunately.

Also, is it just me, or can you not access the goalscorers or any match reports for the league cup on the BBC?

That on your phone? I've had that issue on the app constantly.

52 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Well done lad. Hope he does well, but I jut can't see him coming back here and holding down a position unfortunately.

Also, is it just me, or can you not access the goalscorers or any match reports for the league cup on the BBC?

I could not get it last night on my phone. Not tried this morning.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I noticed that as well last night Rico.

Never had that issue before

46 minutes ago, Jute said:

I could not get it last night on my phone. Not tried this morning.

Just checked and still doesn't show on phone 

I was on my laptop. I just didn't think that they had any detail at all on the BBC website. When you go into Scottish football home page, it was just the Scotland game. Going on now, I noticed that you can now get to the Scottish League Cup page from a link under the article about Hamilton getting beaten. I didn't spot it. I find the BBC pages really unintuitive. Especially now that they've replaced the Scottish Premier League page with linked images only instead of having the league table and so on. I'll just have to go to the Scottish Football home page now I suppose, which is fine, but obviously at the moment it's riddled with the Scotland game stuff (which is also fine). My original point about the league cup stands though, there's nowhere on the BBC website showing the scorers and only one article covering the results from last night. You can't click on any game in the link below to see a report or even scorers. That's fairly tragic.

BBC League Cup coverage

Edited by RicoS321

8 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Good to hear, but a bit disappointed to be honest. Hoped for at least two years but I suppose if he stays fit he sees himself playing at a higher level.

That was my thoughts on it as well. He is to good a defender for this level.

3 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Should have signed a two year and got us a fee in the summer for looking after him. Obviously, if he was shite, we'd have hooked him.

It should have been at least 2 with a release clause. All that means is Hoban could leave for a fee than free, why wouldn't Hoban do that?? I doubt we have looked for millions.....although that would be preferable. Then again, does Hoban worry that nobody will pay a fee for someone with his injury past?

I think we should just enjoy having a fit Tommie playing for us whilst it lasts.

I guess that these short term deals suit both parties at present.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that he might sign a further extension in a few months time though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...