Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

The latest mortality trajectories tracker from the financial times worries me massively as most just continue to ignore the guidelines, clear as day that we need a full lockdown with curfews in place but that cunt and his eugenics supporting pals are hell bent on keeping places open.

I have decided to ignore the government's advice. I took a train to visit a pub and took a train back again to go to another pub. Rail travel is free right now by the way as the conductor's are self-isolating. I've got hand gel to use now and as the pubs I'm going to are people I know, we are not coughing over each other and none of us have symptoms.

If this was London or a big city I might listen to the government. But since it's not, I'm with the majority of my mates and we are telling the PM to fuck off. If he hasn't got the balls or the knowledge to tell us that it's mandatory, it can't be that serious. But most of all we love a bevvy more than we love an English Tory government so fuck you.

Big sums of money going to be spent and you know it will be open for abuse. Going to leave the finances in a bad state, but they have to ensure people don't lose out because if it all.

Maybe an extra tax on the sky high profits of the supermarkets and the likes of Amazon is required to ensure they don't profit too much from the situation, never going to happen though.

Bojo just blusters his way through these breifings like a bull(shitter) in a china shop. Still don't think they are taking this seriously and it is all spin over substance.

Saw the story about the live in staff at the hotel in Aviemore losing their jobs and home today. Thought that was very harsh and a situation which could be avoided.

The Coylumbridge Hotel committed suicide and the Britannia Group as a whole will die as a result.

Fuck them. If they'd waited 24 hours, they would not be dead.

Never liked the vibe in Aviemore. I'm there for a few days every summer but never stayed at that place, nor will any ither cunt after the news today.

Edit: Aberdeen Royal Infirmity is empty. With all elective surgery having been cancelled, the expected rush of respiratory cases has yet to materialise. What this means is that patients are going to be shipped here. If they're weegies, the biggest challenge will be the behaviour of their relatives. Glasgow is the hot spot for Covid-19 in Scotland. Just wait to get the feedback from the NHS front line!

Governor of Illinois announced a “stay at home” order this afternoon to come into effect at 5pm tomorrow (Saturday).

Only “essential” workers to be working, don’t leave house unless absolutely necessary for food, pharmacy etc.

Getting serious here, guess I won’t be at work for a while.

Governor of Illinois announced a “stay at home” order this afternoon to come into effect at 5pm tomorrow (Saturday).

Only “essential” workers to be working, don’t leave house unless absolutely necessary for food, pharmacy etc.

Getting serious here, guess I won’t be at work for a while.

Got ours in LA yesterday too, have been working from home for a week now. Bored shitless.

I had to run out and get some milk and bread last night. All the pubs were packed full and in the shopping centres, people were just going around like fuck all was happening. It was really frustrating to see. They closed Bondi beach in Sydney today as the place was packed out yesterday. If people here don't pull their heads out their arses Australia is fucked.

16x9

Got ours in LA yesterday too, have been working from home for a week now. Bored shitless.

Now now. Being "bored shitless" is an attitude. It's the social interaction you're missing but with phone calls and social media, this can be mitigated. This can be a highly constructive time for reflection and personal development. It just needs a mission.

I went to the library yesterday before it shut and took out 11 books. I was allowed 20 so in hindsight I fucked up there but unlike my wife who reads on her iPad, I prefer paper. I've got a dozen or so on my bookshelves that I could read and scores I could re-read but I guess I'll do the Kindle thing for the first time and hey, I might even like it.

Reading more isn't the only focus. There are tons of things I can get round to doing online, some of which being business-related so a constructive use of time preparing for the virus-free future and I'm sure most of you have stuff around the house that needs improving. Reach out to your neighbours and make it a project to help a couple of them. The chances of us sub 60 or 70 year olds kicking the bucket are slim so it's going to be a big change but it doesn't have to be an endurance. I'm going to miss the pubs, badly but I've accepted that and we move on. Or move not a lot really. I'll be taking fresh air every day but taking the most razor-sharp flick knife with me. I would take a hammer too but being in a village with few people, I'm sure I won't need it as any strangers would stand out. Just got to get the mind active. Being bored is a state of mind, one easily avoidable. I've not been bored for forty years but I do remember periods of boredom as a teenager. It's something we grow out of with good thinking, purpose and discipline. Best of luck to all.

Surprising how casual some folks are being.Assistant at b and q yesterday coughing all over the joint without covering her mouth.

It's quiet at the NHS up here because there are only 18 confirmed cases in Grampian (down from 24 strangely),though expect that to grow as we reach a peak.

Edit there's a webpage called worldometer Corona virus for latest stats around the world,and a map for affected regions in the uk in the Guardian website

Currently self isolating in the Glen Orchy hills

Surprising how casual some folks are being.Assistant at b and q yesterday coughing all over the joint without covering her mouth.

It's quiet at the NHS up here because there are only 18 confirmed cases(down from 24 strangely),though expect that to grow as we reach a peak.

It's hard to take something seriously when it's invisible and we don't know anyone who's been infected by it. Orkney had zero cases last I heard so I can imagine it's going to be harder for them (to not be casual). It's London and the biggest populations that are suffering the most.

We suspect that our second daughter may already have had it. She was at some medical conference in Lisbon before Xmas and when she visited us for a few days after, had this really bad cough that her mother and I were pretty concerned about. She was fine after a couple of weeks but given that there were international delegates including Chinese, she may well have picked up the virus that had no name then. Now if we only had access to tests - including the simple one that recognises the antibodies - data is essential in tracking a pandemic.

I presume your comment further up the page about a poster on here becoming a nurse to "help himself and racked up an extraordinary number of sick days whilst exploiting the system" was aimed at me then?

It's fucking libellous and I suggest you edit it and apologise.

I presume your comment further up the page about a poster on here becoming a nurse to "help himself and racked up an extraordinary number of sick days whilst exploiting the system" was aimed at me then?

It's fucking libellous and I suggest you edit it and apologise.

I deleted my reference to you, as you asked for. But I'm not convinced that you're not the recently retired Nurse manager with an appalling attendance record so I'm not apologising. Your nastiness, towards humanity on this thread, taking glee in the elderly dying, finding entertainment in people losing their jobs and previous overt racism towards Muslims in the Balkans leads me to conclude that you're a fucking horrible specimen.

4,000 retired nurses and 500 retired doctors have already answered the call to get back to the front line within the first 48 hours.

Because they want to. They entered the caring profession with the sole aim to help others.

Meanwhile our resident racist pig sits on his arse hoping and praying that the mandatory letter doesn't come.

Don't worry TC, they'll not want you back. You're free to fester.

A much more fundamental issue (than the method - whether phone call or letter - of up-sizing the NHS front line) is getting the right people into the right places. Just like any profession, there are pieces of shit in every one of them.

At ARI, a consultant is off on the sick again this week and the staff know that he'll not be seen again for a while. His wife is also a consultant, they have a young family but with combined earnings of a quarter of a million p.a. (of our tax-payers money), it's a fucking disgrace that he's been allowed to get off with it for so long. He was a weegie, the first to go to uni from his scum background but his scum behaviour won't show up in the stats.

Liverpool and Glasgow are the biggest claimants per capita of invalidity benefit in the UK. In other words, they're on the sick considerably more than the third highest region for this. The majority are not on the sick obviously but these two regions have a considerably bigger minority percentage-wise than the North and East of Scotland for example. There are scum everywhere, including right here.

The apparent practice of profiteering in times of stress has now expanded to go after the owners of takeaways etc.

Last week people were posting videos and pics of small shops or ebay sellers selling toilet role, hand sanitiser etc at vastly inflated prices and now it appears this is spreading to wholesalers and it may hit people like my mate who runs my local takeaway.

He is keeping a close eye his preferred cash & carry, meat suppliers etc but being a rational person his attitude is if they double the price on something he will just remove it from his menu, a bit like the supermarkets now cutting down on the number of product lines they sell.

In other news campervans are arriving in the Highlands at a fairly large rate (alot around where my elderly parents live) as people try to 'escape' handily forgetting (or just selfishly ignoring) that jumping ship from urban areas with the largest number of cases is a golden ticket for the virus spreading all over the country. Also unless you are Rambo isolating yourself in a campervan in an area with barely enough resources for the people who actually live there has to be up for a Darwin award.

The idea of a lockdown enforced by cops/  the military is starting to look very appealing just to see these pricks getting charged.

I try not to use the word 'hate' as along with 'love' it gets banded about so much that their true meanings have been lost but if I had to say I hate something it is the genetic coding in certain peoples brains that makes them want to rent or own a mobile caravan/ campervan for the purposes of a holiday.