Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

All of it. We have a sweetie wifie running the country, she's not fit to run a corner shop.

She is daily dictating to the nation, a stream of utter garbage. Everyone is going along with it. You can't even say you don't believe it anymore or you'll get lifted for that too. We have lost all civil liberty.

Basically we are being subjected to a form of digital fascism. The politicians and their media lackeys are the true virus.

22 minutes ago, tup1 said:

All of it. We have a sweetie wifie running the country, she's not fit to run a corner shop.

She is daily dictating to the nation, a stream of utter garbage. Everyone is going along with it. You can't even say you don't believe it anymore or you'll get lifted for that too. We have lost all civil liberty.

Basically we are being subjected to a form of digital fascism. The politicians and their media lackeys are the true virus.

I'm not being dictated to. Are you? I'm not an SNP supporter, but surely you understand that there is a message that needs to be relayed, regardless of who is relaying it? You're perfectly free to say that "you don't believe it" on here, so why don't you? What don't you believe, specifically?

In terms of civil liberty, surely it's a fairly straight forward position:

a) you don't believe that coronavirus spreads exponentially and that x% of those that get it will die and:

• you believe that the government knows this and is trying to curtail your freedoms
  • the government doesn't know this and is acting in good faith

b) you accept that a portion of people will get seriously ill or die, but you believe that your own civil liberty trumps that

9 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm not being dictated to. Are you? I'm not an SNP supporter, but surely you understand that there is a message that needs to be relayed, regardless of who is relaying it? You're perfectly free to say that "you don't believe it" on here, so why don't you? What don't you believe, specifically?

In terms of civil liberty, surely it's a fairly straight forward position:

a) you don't believe that coronavirus spreads exponentially and that x% of those that get it will die and:

• you believe that the government knows this and is trying to curtail your freedoms
  • the government doesn't know this and is acting in good faith

b) you accept that a portion of people will get seriously ill or die, but you believe that your own civil liberty trumps that

Well we never had daily briefings before, so I'd say yes we are being dictated to on a daily basis. It's propaganda, backed my made up or manipulated statistics.

I'm not into politics. However since this bitch attacked Aberdeen FC I've taken a real dislike to her. The real issue is in the Glasgow area now but she never had a local lockdown there. So she's a biased weegie bitch IMHO.

I never said I don't believe it. I just said that saying you don't believe it is now an offence. Look at the barbers in Liverpool for proof of that. I keep an open mind.

I've lost most of my civil liberty but don't know anyone who has either had or died from Coronavirus so I'm just judging what I see with my own eyes rather than what I hear in the sinister media briefings.

We never had daily briefings before because the last time there was an epidemic was 1918.
The last time there was an event which affected a the world in a similar was was 1939-1945.

In 1918 the only technology really available to communicate government messages to the public was through newspapers or through newscasts played at cinemas. Otherwise it was letters sent to local councils who were then responsible for enacting those wishes. 
In 1939-45 Radio had become available but as there was the fear of giving away any information the enemy could use against the country, and to minimise panic, the public were kept in the dark for the majority but there was still broadcasts from the government. Other than that it was still letters and possibly telephone calls to local councils 

This civil liberty loss arguments Im seeing are bizarre to me and to go a stage further it smacks of spoilt westerners who dont have a fucking clue what losing 'most' of their civil liberties are. 
Its becoming the West's new 'its my human right'

Can you please show me where it says in UK or Scottish law that simply stating 'I don't believe in Covid 19' is NOW actually an offence?
Last time I stepped outside my flat (1hr ago) Scotland and the rest of the UK hadn't become 17th century Salem, or East Germany circa 1950-1990

Edited by tom_widdows
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

Well we never had daily briefings before, so I'd say yes we are being dictated to on a daily basis. It's propaganda, backed my made up or manipulated statistics.

I'm not into politics. However since this bitch attacked Aberdeen FC I've taken a real dislike to her. The real issue is in the Glasgow area now but she never had a local lockdown there. So she's a biased weegie bitch IMHO.

I never said I don't believe it. I just said that saying you don't believe it is now an offence. Look at the barbers in Liverpool for proof of that. I keep an open mind.

I've lost most of my civil liberty but don't know anyone who has either had or died from Coronavirus so I'm just judging what I see with my own eyes rather than what I hear in the sinister media briefings.

I'm being informed, not dictated to. That seems like an irrational response based on the person talking, I'm not particularly AFC partisan, but I think she got it completely wrong on the AFC thing. That's acceptable though, it's okay to be wrong. She's done a lot more right than the cunt down South, and communicating with the public daily is one of those things.

There has been a local lockdown in Glasgow since September 2nd, I'm not sure where you're getting your info from? My sister in law said similar to you and it turned out she was getting her info from Facebook. The difference between the Weegie lockdown and the Aberdeen lockdown was that the Aberdeen one affected pubs and people travelling in and out of the city. Aberdeen's well publicised spreadings occurred in pubs when they opened. The Weegies were having house parties and spreading the virus that way, so they were restricted on 2nd, with nobody allowed to visit one another. That seems quite similar to the Aberdeen one, just affecting a different area. Like the AFC case, there is a lot to learn with how you deal with these things and Stugeon is also learning on the job, so I can cut her a bit of slack. I don't think cafes needed to be shut in Aberdeen to teach pubs a lesson for example, but it was likely important to come down reasonably heavy handedly so that pubs like Soul don't allow giant queues to form outside again. I expect the Weegie pubs quickly learned from that too, and most pubs seem to have got themselves sorted out in terms of protocols and arrangements (certainly the ones I've been to in Aberdeen). Similarly the Weegies not being allowed to visit one another will cut down on house parties.

Finally, you say that you have lost your civil liberty? That suggests that you want to be able to go out and do the things that you did prior to the pandemic (roughly speaking)? Coronavirus spreads quickly, in about 10 days, 1 person could indirectly infect between 8 and 1,000. Within 20 it could between 64 and 500,000 assuming no restrictions are placed on people's civil liberty (based on 2-3 days infection doubling). Either we all get coronavirus to maintain your liberty, which is fine. Or we try to eradicate it with strict measures and then deal swiftly with individual cases, restricting those who test positive before the doubling becomes unmanageable (as is clearly happening in the UK and elsewhere already). You're saying that you want everyone to get coronavirus to maintain your civil liberty, correct?

• Like 1

I’m no SNP voter but Nicola is doing a much better and more measured job of it than BoJo who seems all over the place.  

As above I don’t feel dictated to, I feel informed. But I do sympathise with those who are fed up with it all, especially with current low fatality rates. The only thing I care about is personally not passing it on to my folks who would not survive COVID, and it’s not that difficult to act sensibly and at the same time having a life. 

4 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

We never had daily briefings before because the last time there was an epidemic was 1918.
The last time there was an event which affected a the world in a similar was was 1939-1945.

In 1918 the only technology really available to communicate government messages to the public was through newspapers or through newscasts played at cinemas. Otherwise it was letters sent to local councils who were then responsible for enacting those wishes. 
In 1939-45 Radio had become available but as there was the fear of giving away any information the enemy could use against the country, and to minimise panic, the public were kept in the dark for the majority but there was still broadcasts from the government. Other than that it was still letters and possibly telephone calls to local councils 

This civil liberty loss arguments Im seeing are bizarre to me and to go a stage further it smacks of spoilt westerners who dont have a fucking clue what losing 'most' of their civil liberties are. 
Its becoming the West's new 'its my human right'

Can you please show me where it says in UK or Scottish law that simply stating 'I don't believe in Covid 19' is NOW actually an offence?
Last time I stepped outside my flat (1hr ago) Scotland and the rest of the UK hadn't become 17th century Salem, or East Germany circa 1950-1990

Jeremy Corbyns brother got lifted for saying Coronavirus is a myth a couple of weeks ago.

24 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Jeremy Corbyns brother got lifted for saying Coronavirus is a myth a couple of weeks ago.

Was that the ONLY reason he was lifted?
Or was it perhaps that it was the 4th time he had been caught breaching lockdown regulations in as many months and he organised an illegal gathering/ protest in a city which may face a localised lockdown (like Bolton) putting local citizens in danger and in which 4 police officers were injured?

Ill ask again, Can you please show me where it says in UK or Scottish law that simply stating 'I don't believe in Covid 19' is NOW actually an offence?

8 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Was that the ONLY reason he was lifted?
Or was it perhaps that it was the 4th time he had been caught breaching lockdown regulations in as many months and he organised an illegal gathering/ protest in a city which may face a localised lockdown (like Bolton) putting local citizens in danger and in which 4 police officers were injured?

Ill ask again, Can you please show me where it says in UK or Scottish law that simply stating 'I don't believe in Covid 19' is NOW actually an offence?

That’s a stupid question. I’ve told you the police have lifted someone recently for saying it’s a myth. He also faced trial by media, Covidiot etc.

You’ve admitted he got arrested for it. Whether he’s right or wrong he is certainly entitled to his opinion.

Why is it a stupid question?

You have stated its is an offence to simply say something along the lines of 

'I dont believe in covid 19' or Covid 19 is a myth.

Your evidence so far for this is a man who has been arrested for breaching lockdown regulations on multiple occasions and has been imvolved in 2 large events which endangered the public one of which resulted in injury to police officers but it seems in your view had all those things happened with him staying silent the cops would have left him alone.

I require a bit more evidence before i will accept your claim.

Edited by tom_widdows

44 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Why is it a stupid question?

You have stated its is an offence to simply say something along the lines of 

'I dont believe in covid 19' or Covid 19 is a myth.

Your evidence so far for this is a man who has been arrested for breaching lockdown regulations on multiple occasions and has been imvolved in 2 large events which endangered the public one of which resulted in injury to police officers but it seems in your view had all those things happened with him staying silent the cops would have left him alone.

I require a bit more evidence before i will accept your claim.

However, if he's right, he was not endangering the public at all. He was simply exercising his democratic right to free speech. Which seems to no longer exist.

A simple test would answer this. Try going out in public in Aberdeen with a microphone, saying Coronavirus is a myth. Distribute a few leaflets denouncing it as a power grab.

See if you get lifted or not. I'd say you'd be 100% assured of getting your collar felt.

Also, if Corbyn got arrested for breaching lockdown regulations as you say then why was Dominic Cummings not arrested for the same thing?

13 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

I'm also at a loss as to what Piers Corbyn or "a barber shop in Liverpool" have to do with Nicola Sturgeon.

I'll explain it to you then. Nicola is distributing daily propaganda to us all.

Those are two examples of people who disagree with this daily propaganda and were either arrested or visited by the police as a result of their opinions. 

Opinions which they are supposed to be free to hold.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

I'll explain it to you then. Nicola is distributing daily propaganda to us all.

Those are two examples of people who disagree with this daily propaganda and were either arrested or visited by the police as a result of their opinions. 

Opinions which they are supposed to be free to hold.

It wasn't her or the police force under her control who did anything in either of these situations though, so you can't use them as examples of it being illegal to voice a different opinion in Scotland.

14 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

It wasn't her or the police force under her control who did anything in either of these situations though, so you can't use them as examples of it being illegal to voice a different opinion in Scotland.

It's still the same country they live in. One where freedom of speech is now no longer available on this topic in particular, but also on racism and a number of other issues. Sport has now been infiltrated by this crazed political agenda, hence you have Derek McInnes 'taking a knee' before our games. Completely absurd.

Yet question it and you have a problem.

3 hours ago, tup1 said:

However, if he's right, he was not endangering the public at all. He was simply exercising his democratic right to free speech. Which seems to no longer exist.

Holy shite, you don't believe that do you? That's fairly warped logic. If I believe that anthrax will heal cancer (I suppose it would!) and I set up a stall handing out leaflets talking about this new wonder drug, I think that would be endangering the public, in spite of my retarded opinions. 

Piers Corbyn has exercised his right to free speech by lying about climate change for the last 20 years without being arrested. The man's a fucking cunt who deserves a fucking hiding. Bought and paid for little charlatan.